Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2017, 06:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Oh I see, third hand news. "They were said to have said...

Old 12-06-2017, 06:48 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Man, Obama made this day happen..

Old 12-06-2017, 06:52 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
To add to this, I'm sure he ticked off many HUGE donors to both sides of the isle. You know people like UAE,The House of Saud etc,etc etc. All HUGE donors to past presidents...
Good. Maybe now the US can get out of dealing with Syria.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ya, I bet you are of the thinking.... that doing the same thing for decades and expecting different results is the solution.

Trump just pushed them to, **** or get off the pot.
Yep, heaven forbid someone upsets the apple cart that's worked oh-so-well for the last 30 years and kept the region soooo peaceful...

Old 12-06-2017, 06:56 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Oh I see, third hand news. "They were said to have said...
You did type you wanted a link stating what the other poster stated. You got what you requested, a general link. And of course it states it was stated by CNN who is always truthful.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:05 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
News just broke that SECRETARY OF STATE Rex Tillerson, SECRETARY OF DEFENSE Mattis, and CIA DIRECTOR Mike Pompeo all urged Trump not to do this.

Trump, who probably knows very little about the situation much less understand the complexity of it, went against the advice of the smarter people around him.

Donald Trump, you are scum.

Quote:
Link(s)?

Mattis, Tillerson warned Trump of security concerns in Israel embassy move | TheHill

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true

https://twitter.com/NihadAwad/status/938536201346306054

Old 12-06-2017, 07:09 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,750,185 times
Wow, he actually kept his promise to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

George W. Bush made the same promise during the 2000 campaign. That never happened.

Some people said that Barack Obama promised also, but I doubt the truth about that.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:26 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Wow, he actually kept his promise to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

George W. Bush made the same promise during the 2000 campaign. That never happened.

Some people said that Barack Obama promised also, but I doubt the truth about that.
So Bush got it right, Obama may have gotten it right, all the President before them, since the birth of Israel, got it right, leaves only one to get it wrong, trump.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:53 PM

714 posts, read 356,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Donald Trump, you are scum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
A well trained chimpanzee could do as good a job.
Both commenters above are referring to the president of the United States.
I've read through literally hundreds of posts on this thread. It's clear that many, if not most, of the critics of Trump on the Jerusalem issue are conflating their extreme hatred of Trump, and ANYTHING that he doe,s with his position on this specific issue. The two comments I cited above are only the most recent of their kind on this thread starting from the OP and going forward. If a previous president had taken this position would these commenters have attacked him so viciously? I think not.

Have they ever attacked the position of both the House and Senate for overwhelmingly voting to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital? NO.

Have they attacked the Democratic and Republican parties for including in their party platforms every four years support for the recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital? NO.

Trump merely recognized reality today: Jerusalem IS the capital of Israel and has been for almost 70 years.

So a lot of the supposed outrage here is more about Trump hatred than his position on this particular issue. And of course the same can be said of the very predictable positions of "news" outlets such as the NY Times and MSNBC, and many others.

Another reason given by some here for opposing this move is that it will bring on more Palestinian terror attacks. Well great balls of fire! PALESTINIAN TERROR HAS NEVER STOPPED. It just ebbs and flows. The Palestinian Arabs don't need an additional excuse for committing murder. They already have had one for many, many decades: the mere existence of the state of Israel. Yes, it will spike for a while but then it will return to the normal level of Palestinian bloodletting.
It is Israelis who are on the front line of Arab terrorism and always have been. They will persevere.

As I said in post #113 I totally support this recognition and I explained why. Let me add to that that Jerusalem has been the center of Jewish nationhood for 3000 years. When Jews pray they pray in the direction of Jerusalem. Jerusalem is revered in Biblical Jewish history and in Jewish literature in the 2000 years since.
In contrast, "Jerusalem" is not even mentioned in the Quran. The mosques of al-Haram in Mecca and al-Nabawi in Medina are the most holy places in Islam. So why are they flipping out over Jerusalem? After the Muslim hordes left Arabia, they built the al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem. Why Jerusalem and specifically where in Jerusalem? Get this: they built it on the ancient Temple Mount of the Jews! Yes, the holiest site in Judaism. The Temple Mount which preceded Islam by 2600 years and existed until it was destroyed by the Romans 500 years before Mohammed was even a twinkle in his mother's eye. The very same Temple Mount which today's Muslims deny ever existed! (read UNICEF's resolutions). It's crazy, absolutely crazy.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:14 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
Both commenters above are referring to the president of the United States.
I've read through literally hundreds of posts on this thread. It's clear that many, if not most, of the critics of Trump on the Jerusalem issue are conflating their extreme hatred of Trump, and ANYTHING that he doe,s with his position on this specific issue. The two comments I cited above are only the most recent of their kind on this thread starting from the OP and going forward. If a previous president had taken this position would these commenters have attacked him so viciously? I think not.

Have they ever attacked the position of both the House and Senate for overwhelmingly voting to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital? NO.

Have they attacked the Democratic and Republican parties for including in their party platforms every four years support for the recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital? NO.

Trump merely recognized reality today: Jerusalem IS the capital of Israel and has been for almost 70 years.

So a lot of the supposed outrage here is more about Trump hatred than his position on this particular issue. And of course the same can be said of the very predictable positions of "news" outlets such as the NY Times and MSNBC, and many others.

Another reason given by some here for opposing this move is that it will bring on more Palestinian terror attacks. Well great balls of fire! PALESTINIAN TERROR HAS NEVER STOPPED. It just ebbs and flows. The Palestinian Arabs don't need an additional excuse for committing murder. They already have had one for many, many decades: the mere existence of the state of Israel. Yes, it will spike for a while but then it will return to the normal level of Palestinian bloodletting.
It is Israelis who are on the front line of Arab terrorism and always have been. They will persevere.

As I said in post #113 I totally support this recognition and I explained why. Let me add to that that Jerusalem has been the center of Jewish nationhood for 3000 years. When Jews pray they pray in the direction of Jerusalem. Jerusalem is revered in Biblical Jewish history and in Jewish literature in the 2000 years since.
In contrast, "Jerusalem" is not even mentioned in the Quran. The mosques of al-Haram in Mecca and al-Nabawi in Medina are the most holy places in Islam. So why are they flipping out over Jerusalem? After the Muslim hordes left Arabia, they built the al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem. Why Jerusalem and specifically where in Jerusalem? Get this: they built it on the ancient Temple Mount of the Jews! Yes, the holiest site in Judaism. The Temple Mount which preceded Islam by 2600 years and existed until it was destroyed by the Romans 500 years before Mohammed was even a twinkle in his mother's eye. The very same Temple Mount which today's Muslims deny ever existed! (read UNICEF's resolutions). It's crazy, absolutely crazy.
Very good post, and I agree with you 100%.

Like or dislike President Trump, he has shown great courage accomplishing something that not other US President has been able to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies