Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 03:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Arabs are still mostly a Tribal Society - that's just a fact. A major problem with the USA & European involvement in the Mid-East & Africa has been that they insist on attempts to broker with Societies that are like European & US Societies.

As for the (totally misnamed) Israeli/Palestinian "Peace Process" -- like it or not, Mr Trump has taken the correct viewpoint, over 50 years of failed attempts with no progress except some Containment have failed.
I think he has also reviewed the tremendous amounts of MONEY we send to the Palestinians and the amount the USA sends pales to the amount the Saudis send. This is important - the Palestinians are totally dependent on the MONEY they get from "aid" - Trump has figured out how to leverage them.. The Oil Nations are struggling with Money and a youth population that is both huge and stagnant. Corruption is rampant in all their Societies and the days are fast approaching when "blame the Jews" is not going to keep the populace satisfied. They must change and they know it. Arafat died a Billionaire, Abbas in in his 80's and possibly a Billionaire, but certainly a Millionaire - meanwhile the Palestinian people have nothing. Even Hamas Leadership lives Fat & Happy - first kicked out of Lebanon (that was actually the PLO), then kicked out of Jordan, Kicked out of Syria, Kicked out of Egypt, Kicked out of Qatar and now settled in Turkey. There is a real pattern here.

I believe President Trump does have a "plan" and while he says it will be revealed in 2018 -- I think he is about at step 5-6 of Implementation of that plan.

IF we had a working Press in the USA, they would have been paying attention to what the Mid-East press has been yattering about for months. President Trump's plan involves removing the USA from the "broker" position and to put the correct "brokers" in place ...... Mid East Arab Leadership. Egypt & Saudi Arabia will lead the efforts and has already begun to do so. I heard Dennis Ross (former US Negotiator under several Presidents) say today that Mr Trump "should have given the Arab Leaders a Head's Up about what he was about to do -- I believe he did exactly that and sent Jared Kichner to deliver the 'Heads Up" last month or his 'secret' (according to Politico) trip to the Mid East - he went to Israel (where he also met with Abbas of the PA), Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia with a short stop in the UAE & Qatar. I doubt he informed Qatar, which has become an Iranian ally.

This weeks announcement kicked off the next stage. He stated publicly what everyone around the World knew to be the Reality. The Israelis have every Government Office in Jerusalem with the exception of the Defense Ministry ...... and they have had their Government offices in Jerusalem for decades. It is the Capitol of Israel is actuality, everyone is aware of that.
You forgot how much Iran sends in both cash,guns and bomb materials...

Old 12-09-2017, 03:40 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Very true. I wondered this myself as my evangelical neighbors are always talking about the importance of Israel even though they are quick to say Jews are bad, they are going to hell, etc. I couldn't understand it. They told me Israel needs to be preserved and Jews need complete control over the Holy Land to bring about the second coming. They said Jews will die during Armageddon. The ones that don't can repent and be born again which fulfills God's covenant with the Jews.

Wow. Radical stuff. I can't believe these people are running the country. Guess this is the reason for all the prayer breakfasts. BTW, they look down on anyone who is not born again. Everyone is going to hell (but them). Trump is desperate now. He has kept his KKK following by speaking about them without criticism. I strongly believe this is a play to the evangelicals to keep the arm of his Christian army happy. When the sex harassment charges come back against him again, they will overlook it and anything else if they think they are getting Israel.
A lot of people are gonna be disappointed when this doesn't make Jesus come back. But it won't. Nothing will.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
A lot of people are gonna be disappointed when this doesn't make Jesus come back. But it won't. Nothing will.
I dunno, many are leaving the light on for him...

I don't honestly know if many would believe him even if he showed up at Carnegie Hall and had doves flying out of his ears...

Old 12-09-2017, 05:24 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,608,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I was waiting for the TDS inspired comments to show up and viola! Never disappointed on here...
I don't have a clue in the world what "TDS" stands for, but people who spout a lot of acronyms in their posts are not independent thinkers.

There was no reason in the world for t-Rump to have done this. Only an extremely small minority of Americans wanted this to be done, and he already had the support of these contemptible, immoral, vile, cowardly people. So the only reason for him to have done this is the same reason he keeps poking at Kim Jong-un: he WANTS war. Of course, he has never fought himself, and neither have any of his children.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:30 PM

714 posts, read 356,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
"Palestine" was a Territory - much like Arabia was a Territory.
There are "Palestinian People" ..... they are the people who lived in the Territory of Palestine - which makes the Jews who lived in that Territory - "Palestinians".

The Term "Palestinians" was created by Assar Arafat for Political reasons. There is no National, Ethnic or Racial designation for "Palestinians". It's a Political word.
Correct. Over the past 40 years history has been revised. Propaganda has shamelessly been endlessly repeated. Who was it, Goebbals who said that if you repeat a lie enough times then it becomes the truth? Well, Arafat set it in motion and the terror lovers eagerly picked it up. Your comment deserves expounding:

There was never a country called Palestine and there is no historical "Palestinian people".
Just some additional bits of interesting info which further debunks the myth of "the Palestinians":
"Palestine" is the English version of the Roman name "Palaestina". After the Romans savagely crushed the Jewish revolts of the first and second centuries of the common era, in which many Jewish men, women, and children were either murdered or expelled and enslaved, the Romans renamed Judea to Palaestina. Why the rename? Because as punishment for the revolt they wanted to eradicate the Jewish presence. And why did they choose the name Palaestina (there were no longer any Philistine people)? Because the Philistines were the ancient enemy of the Jews.
So today's so-called "Palestinians" have nothing to do with the name Palestine and their is no historical Palestine beyond Gaza.

The terms "Palestinians" and "Palestine" are tossed around ignorantly. The Arabs who today call themselves Palestinians have no historical legitimacy to Palestine.

So Palestine is simply a historical name. It has nothing to do with Arabs.
In fact, before the state of Israel, the term "Palestine" and "Palestinians" referred to Jews and the Jewish community. Jews created the Palestine Post, the Palestine Symphony Orchestra, the Palestine Electric Company. They even represented Palestine in the 1936 Olympics. "Palestine" and "Jews" became interchangeable. After Israel took control of the "west bank" in a war of survival in 1967, there suddenly appeared a "Palestinian people" beginning in the late 1970's.

This canard of historical "ownership" and an Arab national history in Palestine was created by Arafat's PLO in the late 20th century and has been promulgated ever since then. The concept of a "Palestinian people" or nation exists in a political context, not an historical one.
There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Arabs. Today's "Palestinians" are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of one percent of the landmass. But that's too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today... "No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough". See Joseph Farah, "Myths of the Middle East" Myths of the Middle East and "The Unreal Palestinians"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJOf0wi_ET0

Today's "Palestinians" are mostly descendants of Arab migrants who came to Palestine from neighboring Arab areas in search of jobs that were created, ironically, by the Jewish agricultural and industrial revival of the area in the 1800's. They are no different culturally, linguistically, and religiously from their 300 million Arab brethren. (Unfortunately, their morality is just as depraved).

The only sovereign states that have existed in the region have been Jewish ones.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:54 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,160 times
Glad others can see this. I know it's true because I have talked to these people. I am aware of all of the preacher shows too selling tapes and books and making a fortune.

Chris Matthews even publicly came out this week and said it. He has been around forever and he knows it's true too. He can retire so I'm sure he doesn't care and is willing to put it out there.

Matthews blamed the “crazy” Evangelical Christians in Alabama who do not understand Israel because they have “mythical” beliefs.
“Don't think this isn't related to Alabama next week,” Matthews said. “It is related because it’s the Christian Evangelicals down there with their crazy ideas about Israel which is, I don't know, mythical.”
“They don't understand the situation over there, how tricky it is ethnically and tribally,” he added. "They don't care because it's a religious belief. Trump is playing into that this week; you watch him.”

https://twitter.com/_/status/938497905094049792

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24401...-ryan-saavedra

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-09-2017 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 12-09-2017, 05:55 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Oh please stop. You’re insulting every Vietnam vet out there.

Trump is a 5 deferment coward who dodged the draft during the Vietnam War.

An ant has more courage than Trump.
True is not offending me, and I am a Vietnam veteran. Why would you say such a thing? We have several Presidents who didn't serve in the military, and still failed to move the US embassy to Jerusalem.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:59 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
My opinion, we spend way too much time and energy focusing on Israel. Let them work out a compromise directly with the Palestinians themselves. In no way can America be impartial. We have way too many elected officials that are Israeli firsters... These people put Israeli interests before American interests...
Who do you think the US benefits the most from, the Israelis or the Palestinians?

Old 12-09-2017, 06:05 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Who do you think the US benefits the most from, the Israelis or the Palestinians?
So is that what it comes down to?

Perhaps we should do a cost-benefit analysis comparing the financial support we give Israel against the economic benefits.

It the meantime we can screw over the Palestinian Christians because we assume we 'don't make enough money off of them'.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:17 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
My opinion, we spend way too much time and energy focusing on Israel. Let them work out a compromise directly with the Palestinians themselves. In no way can America be impartial. We have way too many elected officials that are Israeli firsters... These people put Israeli interests before American interests...
The other day it occurred to me that Jared may have played his father-in-law big time on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies