Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 01:20 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,963 times

Advertisements

Kay Hagan filed suit today in NC over the "Godless" ads Dole has been been running.

A spokesman for Ms. Dole, who faces an unexpectedly close re-election bid, called the lawsuit and advertisement “a political stunt.”

“I can file a lawsuit because I don’t like your shoes, but that doesn’t mean there’s merit to it,” said the spokesman, Dan McLagan. “The fact is that our ad is 100 percent factual. They know it, and they’re crying lawsuit to distract people from the facts in the ad, which they don’t like very much.”

Senate Candidate Files Lawsuit Over ‘Godless’ Ad - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

A copy of the actual filing: Kay Hagan for North Carolina » Kay Hagan Files Suit

And then in the middle of all the ruckus Dole released a new ad.
YouTube - Dole's second ad on "Godless Americans" 2

It is my sincere hope that Dole not only loses the suit but loses her seat. Good and decent woman my arse. Her ads are vile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 02:24 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Dole is a worm; whose business is it what anyone believes?
Especially when this is a lie, isn't Hagan a Sunday school teacher?
Why do the voters put up with this?
Vote the witch out?

Old 11-01-2008, 08:12 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,852,666 times
The best thing any of us can do is STOP POSTING HERE, and (1) send Kay Hagan $5, or $10, or $500, whatever YOU can afford, (2) if you live in a neighboring state get in your car and go volunteer for Hagan, (3) if you have friends or family in NC call or email them to support Hagan.

I think if enough of us do our part to stamp out these dirtbags (more mild adjective that what I really feel toward Dole) we can set the Rs back to what they truly are, a minority party.

golfgod

Old 11-01-2008, 08:29 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Vote the witch out?
The whole thing is basically a lie. Yeah, Hagan is a Sunday school teacher and that event Dole is making into a big issue wasn't hosted by the Godless American's as she's trying to make out, etc.

Quote:
The best thing any of us can do is STOP POSTING HERE, and (1) send Kay Hagan $5, or $10, or $500, whatever YOU can afford, (2) if you live in a neighboring state get in your car and go volunteer for Hagan, (3) if you have friends or family in NC call or email them to support Hagan.

I think if enough of us do our part to stamp out these dirtbags (more mild adjective that what I really feel toward Dole) we can set the Rs back to what they truly are, a minority party.
You know what GG, for whatever reason it hadn't occured to me to give Hagan money. I'll remedy that now.

As for Dole, she's gone from a woman I once respected to being I woman I cannot speak of in polite company.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:23 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,163,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
The whole thing is basically a lie. Yeah, Hagan is a Sunday school teacher and that event Dole is making into a big issue wasn't hosted by the Godless American's as she's trying to make out, etc.

You know what GG, for whatever reason it hadn't occured to me to give Hagan money. I'll remedy that now.

As for Dole, she's gone from a woman I once respected to being I woman I cannot speak of in polite company.
If you want, donate to Larry Kissell too. Hayes has been running smears against him, like saying the FEC fined Kissell for violating election law. Well, yeah. They fined him $210 for a late filing. Hayes makes it look like he's committing voter fraud instead.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:35 AM

26,222 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Dole's an idiot who thinks she can hide behind the bible or the flag, both being the last refuge of a scoundrel.

If the people of NC fall for those ads, they deserve to be ridiculed as rednecks who'll fall for anything they hear as long as you mention god or wave a flag, and it will be a sad day for our nation when voters are THAT ignorant.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:13 AM

3,953 posts, read 5,093,900 times
Default I will repay, says the Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Dole's an idiot who thinks she can hide behind the bible or the flag, both being the last refuge of a scoundrel.

If the people of NC fall for those ads, they deserve to be ridiculed as rednecks who'll fall for anything they hear as long as you mention god or wave a flag, and it will be a sad day for our nation when voters are THAT ignorant.
I intend to give Kay Hagan something much more valuable than my money- MY VOTE.

Elisabeth Dole has crossed the line by stooping so low as to call her opponent “Godless” and in the process lost my vote.

Don’t worry, the North Carolinian people with moral decency will reject Dole’s message and the rest are probably so brainwashed by Fox News propaganda that they can’t be reasoned with anyway.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:10 PM

917 posts, read 2,299,927 times
Quote:
Vote the witch out?
I'm trying to!

Old 11-02-2008, 05:56 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Being from NC, this is the most disgusting race of any, and there is no one in it I will vote for.

Everyone goes on about the group that had a fund raising event for Hagen in the second commercial. But WTF, no one has mentioned that it was in BOSTON, butt out you damn yankee's this is a NC election.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:14 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,199,076 times
Quote:
Vote the witch out?
Hey, don't blame the witches for Dole! She's a Bible thumper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies