Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 08:05 AM

957 posts, read 759,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
A drivers license is nationally recognized. I guarantee the background check on my CCW was more thorough than for a drivers license...
California requires you to state the reason you need a CCW. You can't just say because you're scared to go out without a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 08:10 AM

18,469 posts, read 7,108,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
California requires you to state the reason you need a CCW. You can't just say because you're scared to go out without a gun.
And that's exactly the type of unconstitutional nonsense that nationwide reciprocity is meant to do away with.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What laws actually prevent anything? All they really do is allow punishment for wrong-doing.

So otherwise law abiding people who wish to carry for self defense are doing something wrong that they need to be punished for?

.......and Liberals still can't figure out why they lost over 1000 elections last year....

Old 12-12-2017, 08:19 AM

957 posts, read 759,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And that's exactly the type of unconstitutional nonsense that nationwide reciprocity is meant to do away with.
I still have my guns but have no reason to carry them out in public, so nobody's trying to deny me my constitutional right to have a gun. You're also free to bring your gun into other states, you can even take it camping with you, or to your hotel room to sleep with. Check first with the Hotel to see if they allow guns. They have rights too.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:28 AM

50,442 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What laws actually prevent anything? All they really do is allow punishment for wrong-doing.
Ya, especially when the wrong-doing is created by idiot politicians with the stroke of a pen huh.

Like my 75 year old dad who hunts with his vietnam era replica M4. Had I not kept him up to date he'd be a felon many times over with all the BS laws passed here in CA. Assault weapons ban, magazine restrictions, ammo type restrictions, bans on owning in city limits.

Remember, ignorance of the law is no excuse, right?

Old 12-12-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
You think maybe the fact you're a former police officer might be a factor in you're being legal to carry in any state? Maybe each state should adopt the same qualifications as the states with the strictest gun laws, and apply that to their laws on obtaining a CCW.
I'm in California and it's not illegal to split lanes here while riding a motorcycle. Since it's not illegal in my state, shouldn't states where it is illegal make an exception for riders with Calif DL? Of course not as it's a violation of that particular state laws.
Driving or riding a motorcycle is not a Constitutional right.

States may do things like set their own speed limits and traffic laws but they can't keep you from driving altogether.

Saying that you can have a gun but you can't carry it in public is like saying you can have a car but you can only drive it on your own property..

Not recognizing another state's CCW permits is like forbidding someone to drive at all....whereas laws about magazine capacity or type of weapon that you can carry is more analogous to a state's individual traffic laws.

Nationwide reciprocity just means states can't forbid carrying for CCW holders....it doesn't mean that states can't put limitations on what can be carried or where you can carry.

Last edited by FatBob96; 12-12-2017 at 08:40 AM..

Old 12-12-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I still have my guns but have no reason to carry them out in public, so nobody's trying to deny me my constitutional right to have a gun. You're also free to bring your gun into other states, you can even take it camping with you, or to your hotel room to sleep with. Check first with the Hotel to see if they allow guns. They have rights too.
Keep and bear arms doesn't mean you only have a right to have a gun in your house.

Just because you don't feel a need to carry in public doesn't give you the right to deny others to do so.

You are probably more likely to need one in public than in your home anyways.

And if you really think you can bring a gun into other states.... try telling that to New Jersey.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:38 AM

50,442 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Keep and bear arms doesn't mean you only have a right to have a gun in your house.

Just because you don't feel a need to carry in public doesn't give you the right to deny others to do so.

You are probably more likely to need one in public than in your home anyways.

And if you really think you can bring a gun into other states.... try telling that to New Jersey.
I have serious doubt that dude owns a firearm. Serious doubt.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:47 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,506,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
All that over the SAFE Act, pretty rare individual.

Safe act, taxes ever increasing... I can go on with my reasons for my fire sale and getting out of Cuomos clutches.

I'm not the only one, I'm the only one vocal about it here. There's others here that left NY for that reason. swilliams is one.

Go ahead start a thread with a poll asking who left NY with the safe act being a reason.
Go to AR15 dot com and perform a search on how many left NY and see where they went.
#1 Pennsylvania, #2 Florida, #3 Texas, #4 Tennessee, tied for 5th the Carolinas.
Then skim their postings. Good majority of them used to be democrats.

2 of my cousins moved to PA within a week of the safe act they wanted me to go with them when they left.

3 friends from college quit their jobs, sold everything and relocated to Texas within a month of the safe act passing

I have about 2 dozen or so friends ages 26-35 looking to move this year out of NY and another 10 looking to get out of MA and CT... And they're all in lucrative fields and all stand to gain leaving NY. One of my gal pals may have her horse ranch sold by January/February.

If it's sold by then she will be buying one in Ocala and moving her and her family down her property taxes are around 90k per year. Down here, the place she might buy, with more acreage and 2 larger stables and larger house (mansion) property taxes are 28k per year her hubby owns and operates a trucking and towing company. He might stay behind to run it for a few more months before he sells.
With what she saves in taxes, she said she can hire 3 or 4 ranch hands at 16-18 per hour plus insurance. And trickle down doesn't work huh?

Currently it's just her and 1 other at 15 per hour with hubby helping out when he's not super busy. Both will walk away pocketing millions with the sales of their businesses, and saving tens of thousands in taxes. Should he start his business back up down here... they'll live like kings. Maybe never have to work ever again other than give orders...

Don't worry. I'll help get them out of NY and you can enjoy the high taxes and lack of freedom. I kind of already did, showing them all what I pay in property taxes here compared to one of the lowest taxed counties in NY where I used to live and what taxes get you here vs there... Then had them run the numbers on Trump's tax plan. Oh yeah, they're mostly registered republican voters too that want out of the northeast. That must warm the cockles of your heart.

Afterall... someone has to pay for free SUNY tuition and reviving junkies
Take comfort in knowing entrepreneurs, police officers, medical professionals, etc are fed up and wanting out. It's what you Schumer Debla*s*shole Gillibrand and Cuomo wanted.
Enjoy.

Serious question. What's going to happen to NY with alot of small business owners leaving, Cuomos Start up NY 7 year tax exemption, Free SUNY college tuition, reviving junkies in upstate, and relocating to America? Is there enough elitists on long island, in the boroughs, in Scarsdale, Yangkahz, Dutchess and Orange County to make up for the loss?

I'm doing my part to get those out of NY and into free states with lower taxes, lower costs of living, that happen to be pro 2A.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:07 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,155,727 times
Quote:
As with any state, you have to follow state law on driving, same applies to guns. You're free to apply for a CCW in California, but if you don't meet the criteria for receiving one, you will be denied. I don't have a problem with it as I don't have a need to carry a concealed weapon. A state isn't denying your 2nd Amendment rights by not recognizing your state issued permit. Does your state's criteria for getting a permit meet California's criteria? Probably not. You do have right to carry in California. Put your unloaded firearm in one location of your vehicle, such as your trunk or a locked tool box in your PU, and your ammunition in another location so that you don't have easy access. You're free to use the ranges in our state but you must enter with an empty weapon. If you need more than ten rounds to hit your target, you might consider taking up another hobby. If you're scared to go out without your gun, you might seek therapy for your condition as it could be you're paranoid.
Typical response from a resident of Commiefornia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies