Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find interracial marriage acceptable or unacceptable?
Acceptable 232 88.55%
Unacceptable 28 10.69%
Not sure 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 11:14 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think it's wonderful because it shows an increasing ability for people of different backgrounds to not only get along, but to love each other and create families together. We're probably more divided by political views these days than we are by our ethnic or religious backgrounds.

And I don't care if you think my "glee" is obnoxious. It's a frickin message board.
You want approval and praise for your views. That's the whole point of this thread. The fact that you aren't interested in opposing viewpoints demonstrates this clearly. I imagine you clapping your hands together in ecstasy at the idea of a mixed race country. It makes you feel so good inside for some reason.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:58 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don’t like it and never will.
Get with the times gramps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
You want approval and praise for your views. That's the whole point of this thread. The fact that you aren't interested in opposing viewpoints demonstrates this clearly. I imagine you clapping your hands together in ecstasy at the idea of a mixed race country. It makes you feel so good inside for some reason.
Give it a rest, OP is just trying to share some facts. I'm in an interracial marriage myself and many of my friends and family members are as well.

To hear that interracial marriage is increasing is wonderful news and shows how progressive and open-minded Americans are becoming. Now THAT is truly MAGA!

Oh and I also have a few mixed race kids so am making my contribution to the Liberals population. LOL!

Old 12-10-2017, 12:11 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesickgirl View Post
Seriously? Why?
I like my blond haired, blue eyed children.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-10-2017 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 12-10-2017, 12:41 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
I'm a woman of color married to a white man, and the only people who've taken issue with it are his extended family (his immediate family is lovely though, this doesn't include them).

What can I say? My husband's not big on family tradition dictating his choice in partners. I mean, I have an actual job and more livers than DUIs.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:50 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
The research is just according to the US gov definition of a race and ethnicity. There are a hell of a lot more ethnicity in the world, and the US, than Hispanics, so the number of "interracial marriages" is higher, much higher if you expand the ethnicity factor.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:54 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
I bet lots of Trump haters have no idea what Trump supporters think.
I bet that's the safest bet I've heard in my life.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:11 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
People are people. I’m already mixed and I’ve dated and married someone of a different background, who is also mixed. There isn’t a region of the earth that hasn’t touched my family somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treblenotdouble View Post
Topic: The evaporation of the African-Caribbean Community

http://www.intermix.org.uk/forum//fo...s.asp?TID=2285
That’s just in the UK. The Caribbean region is alive and well and many of us are already mixed.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:30 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
I have multiracial cousins. I like them all just fine. I have a Hispanic buddy who married a blonde German girl. He calls their kids Beanerschnitzels.

I think there's a lot more interracial sex than there is interracial marriage. As an old army buddy once told me, "Every body likes a little strange."

Old 12-10-2017, 04:46 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treblenotdouble View Post
- There is a difference between indifference & accepting

- Even within sub-racial groups there is a hierarchy based on skin color. All 4 of your examples still have varying degrees of "color".

It would require tens of thousands of years to reach a perfect mixture where everyone has the same exact skin, color eyes, hair and height. And that sounds depressing
See, I'm not so sure, at least in this case.

I think of someone who says it's unacceptable as someone who is actually hostile to the idea; a reply of acceptable is pretty much everyone else. If you're indifferent, you are not hostile, therefore, indifference = acceptance.

Just my take.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:52 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yes.

You should care, and your position should be indifference. And the reason your position should be indifference is because interracial reproducing is the only way out of our current dilemma of racism and racial identification.

If we all looked like Mariah Carey or Halley Berry or Meghan Markle or Tiger Wood, how much trouble could there BE?!

FWIW: I am the only Anglo in my family. Everyone else appears to be Asian mix.
If you think every one being a racial mix is going to end discrimination, it's not. People always find reasons to discriminate against and dislike each other.

I would rather have a world of multiple races and cultures than just one mutt race and one mutt culture.

Turning people and cultures into clones of each other is not "diversity", it's the opposite of diversity.

I can't think of anything more boring and dehumanizing. So of course, the liberals support it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies