Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did anyone really NOT expect Republicans to try to stop the Russia Investigation?
Of course I expected them to interfere! 51 75.00%
No,I expected them to allow the invetigation to be completed. 17 25.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 09:32 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,391,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Back to Trump - if he isn't guilty, he has nothing to fear. If he is, Mueller will uncover it, but Mueller isn't Cox. The indictments we have seen on Papadopoulos and Flynn are relatively minor charges, but don't think for a minute he doesn't have plenty more available, and plenty of evidence that he has shared with state prosecutors in New York, Florida , Virginia, and maybe other places that can be used to bring charges if Trump cans him. Firing him will not make the investigation go away. He has already pumped Flynn for a lot of information, and Flynn apparently thought it would be interesting to prosecutors since he was trying to cut a deal in March while Comey was still head of the FBI and Mueller hadn't even been thought of.
Lawyers who have weighed in on this say that Flynn's plea of guilty for lying to the FBI is insignificant. And it wasn't really a lie anyway.

How many years are we supposed to wait for Mueller to "uncover" something? This has already been going on for over a year, and so far ...nothing.

Quote:
If Mueller finds anything incriminating on any Democrats in the course of his investigation, he will act on it, and it will be well within the scope of his charter. If not, you will need a different Special Prosecutor appointed to deal with the charges you seem to think are coming. We'll just have to wait and see what he uncovers, won't we?
Really? Well, he'd better start bringing down the hammer then, because his team has been exposed. Strzok, his wife (worked for Fusion GPS), and the text messages between all of them indicating their extreme hatred of Trump, and their scheming to prevent his election. Too bad it didn't pan out. They can't possibly be objective.

Worse, it's now been revealed that Mueller unlawfully obtained transition team documents. We also know that the FISA warrants were issued based on the phony "dossier."

There have been multiple crimes committed by those involved in this investigation. The longer this goes on, the more we learn, and it's not looking pretty for the Democrats. They would actually be better off at this point if the investigation was ended tomorrow. But the investigation into the corruption of Democrats and Hillary will continue. We know too much at this point.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:35 AM

1,400 posts, read 870,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Any American who thinks there's even a 1% chance Trump conspired with our foes should want that 1% possibility 100% investigated. The only reason to want the Mueller probe ended entirely is because you want Donald Trump to reign over America as a king rather than a president.
That sounds reasonable until you think it all the way through. Is there a 1% chance that you committed a felony? If so, that seems like a really low bar to ruin your life.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:37 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,728,036 times
Quote:
We may be gettting ready for an instant replay of Nixon and Watergate. The question is, why would Trump fire Mueller if he's innocent and this investigation is his best chance of being exonerated by the evidence? Firing Mueller would seem to be the stupidest thing he could possibly do, since it would look like he's trying to cover something up.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-cou...?.tsrc=fauxdal
Cold be

May be

What if

Un-named sources said.

etc., etc., etc.

I'll wait until something ACTUALLY happens before crying or cheering.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:39 AM

6,849 posts, read 3,437,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
these need to be given the same attention and treatment as Clinton emails otherwise this investigation needs to be closed down.
That would be fair, but since they did nothing about Hillary's criminal actions except sweep it all under the rug, they will look into this with their usual bias and find nothing. Just like every other rock the liberals turned over, they'll come up empty again.

As for Mueller and his sham of an investigation, I say let it play out. The FBI and the DOJ are making fools out themselves and nobody really thinks they're credible anyway. The fix was in for Crooked Hillary and it's all coming back to bite them in the ass.

I want to the whole thing to go down in flames with all of Mueller's a-holes indicted and put in prison.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:41 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,995,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
That would be fair, but since they did nothing about Hillary's criminal actions except sweep it all under the rug, they will look into this with their usual bias and find nothing. Just like every other rock the liberals turned over, they'll come up empty again.

As for Mueller and his sham of an investigation, I say let it play out. The FBI and the DOJ are making fools out themselves and nobody really thinks they're credible anyway. The fix was in for Crooked Hillary and it's all coming back to bite them in the ass.

I want to the whole thing to go down in flames with all of Mueller's a-holes indicted and put in prison.
I wouldn't mind seeing those promoting Mueller's lies charged too. That would include some of our C-D friends who love pushing fake news and FBI/Mueller lies.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:42 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,964,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
https://ww2.kqed.org/news/2017/12/15...-russia-probe/

Democrats are starting these rumors. They sycophants pass them around. Then the chorus screams about the threat that was totally fabricated by them to begin with.

The same rumors were going around last summer. Last I looked, Mueller is still there.
Uncertain one can say there are 'rumors' calling for the firing of Mr. Mueller.

As per the link provided:

Quote:
Florida congressman Matt Gaetz, a House conservative who has led the charge against the Russia investigation and calls for a second special counsel, said Friday morning he wants Robert Mueller fired — and wants more Republicans to join in his cause. ...
GOP congressman demands Mueller firing: It's time 'to put up or shut up'

GOP congressman demands Mueller firing: It's time 'to put up or shut up' - ABC News

16,374 posts, read 10,567,818 times
Call me crazy but I consider lying, covering up, obstruction of justice and collusion with our sworn enemy regarding interference in our election to be worse crimes than lying about cheating on your wife or covering up a break in of a political rival's office.

So this is very serious folks. Those ready to dismiss the possibility based on nothing more than their support of the President are really missing the most important point of all. I am not convinced it happened but I am convinced we need to know with absolute certainty. Posters who call themselves Americans should understand just how important this is.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 12-17-2017 at 10:18 AM..

11,184 posts, read 6,541,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He did not. Once again, parties are allowed to share what another party REFUSES to testify to. They are NOT allowed to share what a person did testify to as part of a private hearing.
What a coincidence. You're repeating Schiff's excuse. The interviews are supposed to be strictly confidential until the Committee votes to release a transcript. Besides, CNN was tweeting about Jr.'s testimony during his testimony.

No, I don't have proof that Schiff is a Class A leaker. Yes, a load of circumstances point his way as a prime suspect.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:43 AM

27,811 posts, read 16,328,585 times
Would love to see thousands go missing just so the left could taste that **** sandwich

Old 12-17-2017, 09:53 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,964,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Lawyers who have weighed in on this say that Flynn's plea of guilty for lying to the FBI is insignificant. And it wasn't really a lie anyway.

How many years are we supposed to wait for Mueller to "uncover" something? This has already been going on for over a year, and so far ...nothing.

Really? Well, he'd better start bringing down the hammer then, because his team has been exposed. Strzok, his wife (worked for Fusion GPS), and the text messages between all of them indicating their extreme hatred of Trump, and their scheming to prevent his election. Too bad it didn't pan out. They can't possibly be objective.

Worse, it's now been revealed that Mueller unlawfully obtained transition team documents. We also know that the FISA warrants were issued based on the phony "dossier."

There have been multiple crimes committed by those involved in this investigation. The longer this goes on, the more we learn, and it's not looking pretty for the Democrats. They would actually be better off at this point if the investigation was ended tomorrow. But the investigation into the corruption of Democrats and Hillary will continue. We know too much at this point.
Mr. Mueller was appointed special counsel on May 17th 2017 ~ in my book that's shorter than a year ~ what's the rush? He's doing alright so far, why not let him finish his work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies