Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should females be allowed to have a choice to abort a fetus?
Yes 276 85.71%
No 46 14.29%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 06:23 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,044,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Then why doesn't the women accept 100% of the responsibility for birth control? Why doesn't she say no to sex?

Why does she only demand 100% responsibility AFTER sex?
Because she can, no matter how much you whine about it on the internet! No woman is ever going to care what you think about her abortion. No, really.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:06 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,393,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I hate this topic.

Such an unpleasant way to close out the year — screeching at total strangers about abortion. We need to give it a rest...
Agreed - has anyone EVER changed ANYONE'S mind about abortion?

Old 12-30-2017, 08:15 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,320,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You're right, there's also people that believe we shouldn't celebrate Christmas, people's birthdays etc,etc,etc. There's people that believe they and theirs shouldn't associate or even talk to people who think or believe differently than they do.
There's zealots on all sides of any subject, I try to take a moderate stance and as best I can think like I'd want to be treated were I faced with a situation.

I once had a girl friend who got pregnant several times (not from me) and (as she explained to me after I asked if she was on the pill) no, she would go water skiing when she found out as shooting/pounding water "up there" at ski speed removed the problem.

All I could do was shake my head.
As a side note no, she never told her boyfriend at the time why she wanted to go skiing...
You should be more careful when you quote other people's posts. That last one you did you attributed me for having written something that you wrote. Not good on a topic like this, especially. See post #415 the bottom quote was my reply but the top quote with my name on it was not written by me.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,059,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I hate this topic.

Such an unpleasant way to close out the year — screeching at total strangers about abortion. We need to give it a rest...
Yes, people need to accept Roe v Wade as settled law and move on.

How about people advocate for abused/neglected children, healthcare for children, children victimized by sex trafficking etc., you know, actual children that are capable of suffering instead of forcing women to bear unwanted fetuses?

Old 12-31-2017, 05:37 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,327,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It may or may not be but that doesn't mean you can't. Sadly only one side of the equation has that option to end it before it really starts so...
Well, you can't pop a pill every other week that gives you the following:
  • Nausea or vomiting.
  • Dizziness.
  • Fatigue.
  • Headache.
  • Breast tenderness.
  • Bleeding between periods or heavier menstrual bleeding.
  • Lower abdominal pain or cramps.

Just in case you might be pregnant. Its a ridiculous standard to put on women. Another ridiculous standard I should say. Not to mention that the MAP is less effective than the pill or condoms. MAPs are far more expensive than the aforementioned BC methods. It also can disrupt your menstrual cycle causing your periods to be irregular and unpredictable.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:50 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,327,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Well if the woman wasn't responsible with the birth control and the man doesn't want a child he should either get a say in the abortion or not be held liable.
And what if the man decides he doesn't want the child? Should he get to say she has to have an abortion?

Old 12-31-2017, 06:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You should be more careful when you quote other people's posts. That last one you did you attributed me for having written something that you wrote. Not good on a topic like this, especially. See post #415 the bottom quote was my reply but the top quote with my name on it was not written by me.
All I did was hit the quote button so..... I will apologize for the software error in the interest of harmony. Either way I'm sure you understood the intended ideas in the post right?

Old 12-31-2017, 06:36 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,959,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Agreed - has anyone EVER changed ANYONE'S mind about abortion?
Yes.

I was pro-choice for a long time until someone had long conversations with me about life, what it means to grow, and how morals are never defined by man's law.

I am not religious and this person was not religious either.

Did a lot of thinking about it and changed my stance completely. Unbrainwashed myself from the indoctrination I had received from feminists, and realized that self respect and responsibility is more feminine than killing a baby because I was irresponsible.

Last edited by newtovenice; 12-31-2017 at 06:46 AM..

Old 12-31-2017, 06:44 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,959,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And what if the man decides he doesn't want the child? Should he get to say she has to have an abortion?
Either you want him involved or you don't. Feminist viewpoints:

1. My body my choice, I get an abortion you have no say. Which is no involvement. Run along now.
1a. I just don't tell you about it. You are so inconsequential that you don't need to know.
2. My body, my choice, I don't have an abortion, you pay me for 18 years. Which is 100% involvement, financial only because I determine whether you are even permitted to see the kid. But I'll take your money, no problem. Get to see your kid? Meh, if I feel like it.
2a. After the baby is born, I sandbag you GOTCHA!!! teehee, guess what you're a daddy!!! Now gimme my check!!

The man gets no say. Ever. Because, well, feminism and stuff, men are only needed for their one body part that night, and smart women have no clue sex leads to babies and are shocked SHOCKED when they find themselves pregnant.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:11 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,345,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yes, people need to accept Roe v Wade as settled law and move on.

How about people advocate for abused/neglected children, healthcare for children, children victimized by sex trafficking etc., you know, actual children that are capable of suffering instead of forcing women to bear unwanted fetuses?
Like I said: give it a rest — as in telling other people how to think and what to do.

Just for a day or so. Cool the outrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies