Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 11:07 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,512,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
WTH??? First you blame women who stay silent, and then you blame women who finally choose to speak up. Make up your mind.
No i'm just saying that they should speak up IMMEDIATELY. it doesn't really help anyone to jump on the me too bandwagon years later. By staying silent, they harass more victims and get rich and famous in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 11:07 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,245,468 times
Quote:
And they probably got punished as a result. Labeled as trouble-makers, complainers, and that deadly label, feminists. Blaming the women who chose not to get labeled seems unfair, don't you think?
Yup. Been there, done that. Not sure if it was worth it because my reputation got destroyed, and the incidents rolled off of him like water off a duck’s back. And that was with witnesses. In some ways, the retaliation for speaking up was worse than the harassment.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
OMG. The woman who's been sexually assaulted or harassed in your mind doesn't have a clear conscience???? She did nothing wrong, buddy. Her conscience is clear whether she reports it or not. She's not the guilty one!!!!!
Some don't because they know of other victims and they know they could have stopped it if they reported it sooner. No one's blaming the women here.

In the Weinstein case, this guy was allegedly harassing and and abusing women for years. They even say now that is was a known thing in Hollywood. So i bet you that some of those earlier victims dont have a clear conscious cause they could have help stop him.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:12 AM

15,545 posts, read 10,533,079 times
" Ladies, if you get abused and harassed please report it immediately "

I agree. I would add men to that statement though, they can get harassed too.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Yup. Been there, done that. Not sure if it was worth it because my reputation got destroyed, and the incidents rolled off of him like water off a duck’s back. And that was with witnesses. In some ways, the retaliation for speaking up was worse than the harassment.
You did the right thing though.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
" Ladies, if you get abused and harassed please report it immediately "

I agree. I would add men to that statement though, they can get harassed too.
Good point.

42,732 posts, read 29,925,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
No i'm just saying that they should speak up IMMEDIATELY. it doesn't really help anyone to jump on the me too bandwagon years later. By staying silent, they harass more victims and get rich and famous in the process.
Most men who harass women don't get rich and famous, and certainly don't get rich and famous in the process of harassing women. And if speaking up immediately wouldn't have any effect in stopping the man from harassing more victims, but would have the effect of hurting the woman even more than she's already been hurt, your admonition seems to be that she should accept being collateral damage.

12,275 posts, read 7,156,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What about men?
They should be reporting it too. Unfortunately there's an even bigger stigma of male victims of sexual harassment/assault, so most will likely be too embarrassed to come forward.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,925,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Some don't because they know of other victims and they know they could have stopped it if they reported it sooner. No one's blaming the women here.

In the Weinstein case, this guy was allegedly harassing and and abusing women for years. They even say now that is was a known thing in Hollywood. So i bet you that some of those earlier victims dont have a clear conscious cause they could have help stop him.
I don't know where you get that from, but women who've been assaulted or harassed have clear consciences. Period. They were the victims. They were not the perpetrators. Their conscience is clear. They aren't responsible for what he did to them, or what he does to others. He's the one who is responsible. And the possibility that they could have stopped him is outweighed by the probability that they would have been punished for reporting it.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,850,990 times
And people wonder why when legitimate avenues of justice are blocked or nonexistent frustrated anger takes over and results in the guy getting a quick kick in the balls and a foot on his throat while the victim of the harassment says, "Knock it off!" That my cost the woman her job but the bully will remember that harassing some people can hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies