Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 12:27 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times

Advertisements

this quote is undefeated. Just replace white with con and colored with lib.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 12:27 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Your post is everything that is broken about our political system in one single paragraph.

Congratulations for illustrating it so well.

The fact that there are grown adults that think this way explains a lot about the insanity that is American politics.
I'm an anarchist though.

All statists are fodder for my amusement.

It's just that liberals get so worked up over "social justice" they can turn into crazed psychos.

Statist cons who get to that point are the religious zealot types which have been in decline for the past 20 or so years...dramatic decline. Point me to them and I'll make fun of them too.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm an anarchist though.

All statists are fodder for my amusement.

It's just that liberals get so worked up over "social justice" they can turn into crazed psychos.

Statist cons who get to that point are the religious zealot types which have been in decline for the past 20 or so years...dramatic decline. Point me to them and I'll make fun of them too.
I'm not saying this behavior is bad because you're cheering for the "wrong" team. I personally find the very concept of "teams" to be at the core of the majority of our political problems. Instead of viewing each other as Americans, all sharing this world together, we view it as a sport to which we need to make the other side "pay" or "feel pain".

I might disagree with people on many a topic (and I do quite frequently), but I never would wish ill on them in any way. I know many people that voted differently from me in 2016 - and I want them to have success in life. I want them to be helped. I don't want them to "pay" for their decisions.

I'm very aware that are people that share similar political beliefs as me, and want to see "the other side" pay or suffer. I think that is terrible thinking, too.

I am aware that you just want to make fun of everyone - so I guess, you're an exception here

Old 12-15-2017, 12:45 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Actually I am rather independent in thinking, however in times I agree with Trump I am labeled a Trumpster and when I don't agree with him I am labeled a liberal. It has happened to me several times in threads on this forum. Both sides immediately jump to conclusions and label me.
This has happened to me too.

I think sometimes what is forgotten in these discussions (and really in American politics in general) is that we are all just as worried about America as the people we are arguing with.

We may see the problems/solutions differently, but in our hearts, we all care deeply about America.

(Any foreign government bots posting are the exception of course. )

Old 12-16-2017, 01:19 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I'm not saying this behavior is bad because you're cheering for the "wrong" team. I personally find the very concept of "teams" to be at the core of the majority of our political problems. Instead of viewing each other as Americans, all sharing this world together, we view it as a sport to which we need to make the other side "pay" or "feel pain".

I might disagree with people on many a topic (and I do quite frequently), but I never would wish ill on them in any way. I know many people that voted differently from me in 2016 - and I want them to have success in life. I want them to be helped. I don't want them to "pay" for their decisions.

I'm very aware that are people that share similar political beliefs as me, and want to see "the other side" pay or suffer. I think that is terrible thinking, too.
Oh, I don't see what's so terrible about it at all. I just want them to get everything that they voted for. Trump's idiot cult specifically voted for a man wno promised to take away health insurance from tens of millons of Americans. so when people start losing health insurance, I want Trump voters (and their children, of course) to be the first ones to lose their insurance. That's the change they said they wanted, so I want them to get it.

Trump cultiists voted to cut Medicare, Medicaid, disability, food stamps, and Social Security, so when the republicans cut Medicare, Medicaid, disability, food stamps, and Social Security, I want Trump voters (and their children, and their parents, and their grandparents, and of course all of their loved ones) to be the first ones to lose their Medicare, Medicaid, disability, food stamps, and Social Security benefits. That's the change they said they wanted for America, so I want to make sure they get it.

Trump's cult wanted all illegal aliens deported immediately, so I want every Trump voter who is married or otherwise involved with an illegal alien to have their loved one deported immediately. They said that's what America needs, so let's get it done.

I really don't think there's anything terrible about it. This is what they wanted for everyone, and to the victor goes the spoils. I want them to be the first ones to reap the whirlwind they have sown. And when tens of thousands of people begin to die from lack of access to health carfe, well... someone's got to die first, right? Let's see; who should go first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
This has happened to me too.

I think sometimes what is forgotten in these discussions (and really in American politics in general) is that we are all just as worried about America as the people we are arguing with.

We may see the problems/solutions differently, but in our hearts, we all care deeply about America.
I'm honestly not sure any more how much Republicans (especially Trumpists) genuinely care about America. Their actions suggest more that they care only about themselves. They only seem to care about "America" to whatever extent it benefits them personally; they clearly don't care at all about other Americans, so how can it be said that they care about America? How can they care about America if they don't care about most of the people who live here?

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 12-16-2017 at 01:45 AM..

Old 12-16-2017, 06:48 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
In the eyes of Trump supporters, anyone who disagrees with or opposes Trump is a Lib (or RINO), making any and everything he does defensible on some level.Things with no apparent upside like ending net neutrality can be shrugged off at sticking it to the libs. Everything is justifiable by the simple fact that there is opposition. The opposition is the enemy and upsetting the enemy is good.
Face, meet spite.

I have a knife for my nose, I'll enjoy it when the libs get all upset.

Old 12-16-2017, 06:49 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Yep, that's pretty much it right there.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:01 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
More sanctimonious holier than thou clap trap.... The left will be back on top sooner or later maybe, Will you recall these post about one for all, all for one...no flippin way... If you people ever get back on top you'll attack like rapid dogs..

Old 12-16-2017, 02:52 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
More sanctimonious holier than thou clap trap.... The left will be back on top sooner or later maybe, Will you recall these post about one for all, all for one...no flippin way... If you people ever get back on top you'll attack like rapid dogs..
There's no maybe about it. Gonna happen sooner than you think too.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:01 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post

You don't have to replace anything here:

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”

― Marcus Tullius Cicero
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies