Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 07:31 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

Senator Joe Manchin says that Al Franken should stay....even though much proof has come out and Al Franken admitted to have handled inappropriate.

What a slap in the face of the victims.

If the accuser denies and there is no proof, that to me would make the situation different but Al Franken's case is where they are images that back up the victims statements.

Maybe we should check closer into Joe Manchin and Matt Damon who also stands behind Al Franken while Minnie Driver, the ex girlfriend of Matt Damon over the weekend came out to bash Matt for his remarks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 07:35 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Many said a week ago he would not be leaving office. It was just a dog and pony show by the Democrats for the Alabama election.

Dems have no moral authority. It was all pure Politics. I agree Franken should stay in office, he's just another Democrat clown.

At least he doesn't wear a goofy Cowboy hat.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:39 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
So, to be clear, the far-right still supports Trump and wants the investigation called off or otherwise deep-sixed. They also whined all day about the "unfair" accusations against kiddie-diddler Moore, and supported him to the bitter end... but they throw a fit if the Democrats suggest the same "innocent until proven guilty, and even then he might be innocent" idea for one of their own?

What happened to all the right-wing screaming around here about how all these women are "fake accusers being paid money!" and how we "need to follow the process and not assume these people are guilty!"

Funny, it seems almost like they are partisan hacks who want a double standard for their tribe vs. everyone else. What a shock.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:42 PM

1,199 posts, read 639,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If the accuser denies and there is no proof, that to me would make the situation different but Al Franken's case is where they are images that back up the victims statements
Gee, I wonder if you drew on real-world inspirations to draw this line without compromising your party-first principles...

I also wonder how you define "denial" and "proof."

Old 12-18-2017, 07:45 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Of course they do. You've got to understand that there is a double standard, and it's not a big thing when one of their own engages in some hanky-panky. It's only unacceptable if a conservative does it.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:47 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Why not? I’m not even a Democrat, but with President “Grab’em by the *****” in office, Franken might as well stay.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:49 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why not? I’m not even a Democrat, but with President “Grab’em by the *****” in office, Franken might as well stay.
Talk vs. validated sexual harassment.....You know, those pictures of him attempting to grab boobs...That is sexual harassment....

Can you tell the difference? Obviously not....

Old 12-18-2017, 07:50 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Senator Joe Manchin says that Al Franken should stay....even though much proof has come out and Al Franken admitted to have handled inappropriate.

What a slap in the face of the victims.

If the accuser denies and there is no proof, that to me would make the situation different but Al Franken's case is where they are images that back up the victims statements.

Maybe we should check closer into Joe Manchin and Matt Damon who also stands behind Al Franken while Minnie Driver, the ex girlfriend of Matt Damon over the weekend came out to bash Matt for his remarks.
Many Democrats openly said this all along.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:51 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'd like to see Franken leave. A message should be sent that we will not, as a nation, accept that kind of behavior.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:55 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Talk vs. validated sexual harassment.....You know, those pictures of him attempting to grab boobs...That is sexual harassment....

Can you tell the difference? Obviously not....
Nothing has been “validated.” If you actually think that photo is any sort of attempt to grab boobs, I can’t help you. Perhaps an optometrist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies