Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 02:20 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,470,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Oh, the fallacy that "Seventeen" agencies did their own investigations?
What's your theory as to why the DNC never let the FBI have the server?
Curious, no?
Not curious at all. Losing your server hardware in the middle of an election would have crushed any chance to win. What DID they get?

Copies of the servers. IE they got everything they needed barring some physical hack of the server hardware (which was not the issue). This FBI not getting access to the server nonsense is exactly that. They got images of the drives, which is whats needed to investigate the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 02:23 PM

9,169 posts, read 5,847,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Not curious at all. Losing your server hardware in the middle of an election would have crushed any chance to win. What DID they get?

Copies of the servers. IE they got everything they needed barring some physical hack of the server hardware (which was not the issue). This FBI not getting access to the server nonsense is exactly that. They got images of the drives, which is whats needed to investigate the issue.
They still haven't turned over the server.
Why?

Images? Copies of stuff do not constitute evidence.
If you brought a copy of evidence to court it would be thrown out.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:26 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,395,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Thank you. Trumpers always want to simplify what is going on. There is not an investigation, per se, of criminal collusion between Donald Trump and the Russians. This is an investigation of how the Russians tried to influence our electoral process for President in 2016.

So, even if Donald Trump isn't involved there is plenty of reason for an investigation to go.

I can't stand Trump, but I really believe that the investigation needs to focus on how we can prevent a repeat of the Russian interference with our 2016 election. Trump and his people figure into all that, but its not the overriding question.

Russia's concerted efforts to cultivate American's ( including those who were American) .. once investigation started.. has lead investigations to JUST WHICH AMERICAN"S> It's of course according to "Cult" that Trump had zero knowledge and culpability.

Actually, due to Investigation, it turns out a whole host of insiders of Trump's Campaign..Transition Team were indeed vulnerable and participated with Russian"Operatives"! But this is where Trump runs into that HUUUUGE SPEED BUMP >> The COVERUP!! Harkening back to Nixon, who most likely didn't do that breaking.. however, the Trail of evidentiary COVERUPS brought him down along with many minions under him.

Fast foreward to 2015-2016-2017... The constant drumbeat of CONNECTIVE TISSUE between Russian Oligarch's acquitted to Trump's Brand ( Money laundering) and Trump's need to seek $$$ from Russia after getting kicked out of "American Banking System" made Trump rely on Russian Oligarchs... Complicity matters ( Donald JR.. admitted long ago of their reliance on Russian $$) and the more they lie, the more they try to smear reports on it.. is often done AFTER they realize the Facts have been known for some time and ONLY when Press expose it.. do they KNEE-JERK propaganda to diss the source ( Press/CIA/FBI/DOJ/Mueller/ Comey/Yates) .. list is endless .

Only Extreme Sites of "Conspiracy Theorists" try to defend it.. as well as Bots/Trolls likely paid to spread Lies. Many, who only listen to reports that FIT their narrative or ideology seem to defend it. White Supremacy and propagation of FASLE ( Alternative Facts) narratives have been exposed.. including Talking Heads and some Politicians!!

Par USUAL.. It's always the COVERUP that snags the guilty!! i.e. Flynn pleading OUT knows he's lucky to get it.. BUT hinges on his story being TRUTHFUL> IF DJT pardon's him.. LOL.. That actually causes Flynn for problems.. on Fed/State level!!

TOO LONG??? GMAFB Mueller is honing in on the " Head of the SNAKE" and guess who feels threatened??? you all fill in the blank____ ..

Old 12-18-2017, 02:29 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,470,137 times
Quote:
Why?
Why would they? What do you think the hardware would reveal?
Quote:
You are apparently unaware that when criminal cases involving computer systems occur, they LITERALLY work of of copies for the entire thing.....right?

That when they seize a computer from a criminal. step 1 is to make a image-and work COMPLETELY off of that, never even turning the original equipment back on.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:30 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,758,673 times
Quote:
Oh, the fallacy that "Seventeen" agencies did their own investigations?
What's your theory as to why the DNC never let the FBI have the server?
Curious, no?
"The fallacy of Seventeen agencies" You really do believe in the Deep State Conspiracy theory don't you?? You really believe that all of the heads of intelligence and the Republican members of the House and Senate Intelligence committees are fabricating a crime that never happened to oust a sitting president. You know what I think, I think Vladimir Putin is playing you for a fool, to question your own country's institutions because the subjects of this investigation have a R after their name.

Whose to say that the special counsel hasn't looked at the DNC hack, we simply dont have all the info.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
"The fallacy of Seventeen agencies" You really do believe in the Deep State Conspiracy theory don't you?? You really believe that all of the heads of intelligence and the Republican members of the House and Senate Intelligence committees are fabricating a crime that never happened to oust a sitting president. You know what I think, I think Vladimir Putin is playing you for a fool, to question your own country's institutions because the subjects of this investigation have a R after their name.

Whose to say that the special counsel hasn't looked at the DNC hack, we simply dont have all the info.

You believe that the Coast Guard investigated the "hack," but I'm the fool?

Old 12-18-2017, 02:40 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,758,673 times
Quote:
You believe that the Coast Guard investigated the "hack," but I'm the fool?
Yep I really do. The Coast Guard?? My God...you people

Old 12-18-2017, 02:45 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,946,383 times
Quote:
Why?

This is not how it works with digital data.

There is also no difference, at the byte level, between an original file and a copy of a file.

You can illustrate this yourself - make a copy of any file on your computer from one location to another. Look at the file size and the underlying metadata associated with that file. It should be identical.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Yep I really do. The Coast Guard?? My God...you people
Yes, The Coast Guard. Didn't you know they are one of the "Seventeen" agencies?

Old 12-18-2017, 02:55 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,664,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Now that I lured you into the topic, some info on investigations of Executive Branch:

- Watergate, by FBI and Archibald Cos/Leon Jaworski: 765 days
- Bill Clinton, by Ken Starr: 1,491 days (for a beejay, I mean come on)
- Hillary Clinton, Benghazi: 949 days

- Robert Meuller, Trump-Russia - 215 days.

And guess what: Muellers investigation produced more than Clinton's investigations: plea deals and indictments (FYI: plea deals are only entered into by prosecutors when they can help take down highers guys. Who is higher than M. Flynn? Ask yourself).

Anyone who says Mueller's investgation is dragging has no idea what they are talking about.

Same people who claim a guy calling people idiots somehow changes the nature of objective evidence submitted in front of grand jury.
OK i bit.

I was about to blast you with facts and rant about Ken Starr, well played sir , well played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies