Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 07:01 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ill wait to see what my accountant says, before I pass judgment. Sorry but left wing hysteria isn't enough for me to form an opinion.

It's not hysteria it's fact Trump and his gang are giving the biggest tax breaks to the most wealthy and big corporations just about every news source is in agreement. It's not like this is a big secret they are not trying to hide it.

The Republican tax bill that the House and Senate are set to pass as soon as Tuesday night would give most Americans a tax cut next year, according to a new analysis. However, it would by far benefit the richest Americans the most. Meanwhile, many lower- and middle-class Americans would have higher taxes a decade from now ... unless a future Congress extends the cuts.

However, extremes make averages, and the benefits would be much larger for richer households. A household earning $1 million or more would get an average cut of $69,660, an income bump of 3.3 percent. Compare that to the average household earning $50,000 to $75,000, which would get a tax cut of $870, or 1.6 percent.

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/19/57175...e-middle-class
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 07:06 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times
You know it..... The FASCIST Republicans 'O-W-N 'THIS one!

Old 12-19-2017, 07:10 AM

908 posts, read 1,662,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
By 2027, over half of all Americans — 53 percent — would pay more in taxes under the tax bill agreed to by House and Senate Republicans, a new analysis by the Tax Policy Center finds. That year, 82.8 percent of the bill’s benefit would go to the top 1 percent, up from 62.1 under the Senate bill.

And even in the first years of the bill's implementation, when it’s an across-the-board tax cut, the benefits of the law would be heavily concentrated among the upper-middle and upper-class Americans, with nearly two-thirds of the benefit going to the richest fifth of Americans in 2018.
Taxes - the-republican-tax-bill-got-wo - Money - msn

That's THIS coming year, folks! Did ANY non CULT-45, N-O-T see this coming from the Fascists?
YOU FORGOT THE LOWEST TAX TIER- THE POOREST TAX PAYERS NOW, WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY ANY TAX AT ALL. THE STANDARD DEDUCTION WILL BE DOUBLED. so they will have twice as much money that is not taxed at all. Most of them are renters so won't have any mortgage interest to deduct etc. So they won't be hurting if that deduction goes away. The middle however , will.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:10 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
My taxes are getting lower... I get to keep more of MY money and I know that must upset you liberals...

Old 12-19-2017, 07:14 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
My taxes are getting lower... I get to keep more of MY money and I know that must upset you liberals...
Ultimately-that's the real issue for them. People being able to keep more of the money they EARNED reduces their dependency on government-which in turn spells the end of liberalism. When people see several thousand extra dollars in their paychecks next year, the Democrat's lies will be impossible to ignore.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:16 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Are liberals incapable of telling the truth? Or do they just fear the truth so much that they are more than willing to lie to promote their latest rant?

Old 12-19-2017, 07:17 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Yeah we know, Leftists don't want anyone to pay less taxes

Old 12-19-2017, 07:19 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Are liberals incapable of telling the truth? Or do they just fear the truth so much that they are more than willing to lie to promote their latest rant?
Most of them are just lying manipulators. It's a symptom of the larger issue of mental illness.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:20 AM

693 posts, read 357,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Ultimately-that's the real issue for them. People being able to keep more of the money they EARNED reduces their dependency on government-which in turn spells the end of liberalism. When people see several thousand extra dollars in their paychecks next year, the Democrat's lies will be impossible to ignore.

Many will see more money.
That's not the issue here. When the country can't pay it's debts, when programs are cut that leads to more crime, drug use, etc (has happened in the past), when the shat hits the fan because we're not getting enough funding for everything else we rely on.....let's see how "great" this country is.

But hey, you'll have a few extra bucks in your pockets, and you'll convince yourselves that liberals are mad because it somehow ends "liberalism" in this country.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:21 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Corker is shocked, shocked I tell you when it was revealed that a newly inserted section of Tax Cuts for the Rich will save him and other Republicans a boatload of money.

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/stat...95596774076417
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies