Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 08:56 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Y Again, illegal aliens don't come here skilled.

they are very skilled, masonry, welders etc, taught from a very early age by their fathers, yes in construction, they are the best workers.

but I agree, they ought to come here legal, instead of crossing illegal, yes I believe there ought to be a fence, wall, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 09:03 AM

62,963 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
they are very skilled, masonry, welders etc, taught from a very early age by their fathers, yes in construction, they are the best workers.

but I agree, they ought to come here legal, instead of crossing illegal, yes I believe there ought to be a fence, wall, etc.

Really? Then why can't they find a job in their own country if they are so skilled? And FYI, our country does not lack skilled American construction workers. Illegal aliens are no more skilled or harder workers than Americans either. They allow themselves to be exploited so they won't be turned in for deportation by their greedy employers so they appear to be hard workers. Doesn't matter anyway. Hard work does not excuse anyone for breaking the law.

Another thing, I have seen their shoddy workmanship on new homes so many aren't so skilled.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:07 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Take care of the real current problems...visa overstays and jobs, THEN see if there’s enough of a problem left to justify wasting money on a wall. No, we don’t need them concurrently. Taking care of the first two will be sufficient, I believe.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
290 House votes plus 67 Senate votes = NEVER happen

March 6, 2018 does happen
Then kiss your budget goodbye............

Old 12-31-2017, 09:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
To build the wall we could always use the settlement money from the banks, which was more than the estimated cost of the wall .... oh wait, Obama stole that money and handed it out to leftist groups, like La Raza.(where was the outrage then?)

"No longer applies"? I guess it no longer applied when people were trying to immigrate legally through Ellis Island, since some were denied entry and were sent back home.
Very few were sent back and they were for good reasons such as criminal histories..

Old 12-31-2017, 10:07 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Most Americans continue to oppose U.S. border wall, doubt Mexico would pay for it
As was the case throughout the presidential campaign, more Americans continue to oppose (62%) than favor (35%) building a wall along the entire U.S. border with Mexico.

Most Americans continue to oppose U.S. border wall | Pew Research Center

Most Texans do not want Trump's border wall

President Donald Trump will have to mess with Texas if he wants to build his "big, beautiful" wall.

According to a new poll from the nonpartisan Texas Lyceum, residents of the Lone Star State overwhelmingly oppose Trump's planned border wall and support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

Of 1,000 Texans surveyed, 90% support a path to citizenship
I guess they surveyed 1000 illegals, because actual Texans are about 90% in the other direction.

I would also point out that no one in any legislature anywhere has ever suggested granting illegals citizenship. The legislative proposals always involve extra-special first-class citizenship with all sorts of priorities, privileges, and preferences that regular white Americans don't get.

Government preferences of this sort are obscene.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:10 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
These are the issue that will win republicans elections. The Democrats desperately need the displacement of the white population and demographic change to win elections.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...31576687235072
President Trump knows how to negotiate and the Democrats know they will have to work with Republicans or Democrats will let DACA down.

President Trump will not give in!

Old 12-31-2017, 10:11 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
I guess they surveyed 1000 illegals, because actual Texans are about 90% in the other direction.

I would also point out that no one in any legislature anywhere has ever suggested granting illegals citizenship. The legislative proposals always involve extra-special first-class citizenship with all sorts of priorities, privileges, and preferences that regular white Americans don't get.

Government preferences of this sort are obscene.
You know what would support your case of “actual Texans not wanting it”? A link. The other poster cited an article with research. Sure, the truth could possibly be different, but who knows unless some sort of other research is shown, not just you saying it.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory
So what? They can't get to know their own homeland? People often move as adults and kids to different states and different countries, people adapt. These DACAs already know the language and culture of their homelands anyway. Don't pull this religious crap on me. God said to obey his Ten Commandments, the laws of the land and not take from others what doesn't belong to you.

There is no labor shortage in this country. You think illegal aliens come to this country skilled? No, they are the poor, uneducated and unskilled. Americans were already doing most all blue-collared jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border. Educate yourself on this topic. That is if you don't have an agenda for protecting illegal aliens and from your posts I can tell that you do.

Yes there is. Educate yourself on this. There are unfilled jobs that need skilled people. Where are the americans who can fill these jobs. Many can't because they don't have the skills. And why don't they.Yes there is.
There is no such thing as a labor shortage. It's a conceptual impossibility. Educate yourself on this.

What you're talking about is a compensation shortage.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
You know what would support your case of “actual Texans not wanting it”? A link. The other poster cited an article with research. Sure, the truth could possibly be different, but who knows unless some sort of other research is shown, not just you saying it.
I live in Texas. There is no "link" that can reflect every Texan's view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies