Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 04:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
He thinks everyone is racist and everyone conspires against black people.
Everyone? No, just you.

Conspire? Nah...beyond your capabilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 05:06 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
This is what decades of glorifying "single moms" [insert applause here] has wrought. The surest route to poverty is illegitimacy, despite attempts to supplant the baby daddies with Uncle Sam.

Moreover, the effects of having no father in the home have become increasingly apparent, ironically mimicking the "juvenile delinquency" seen in the broken white homes of the '50s and '60s.

Yes, America. Working families provide the type of financial support which elevates them out of a life of mediocrity and poverty.

And it's men who civilize children. Hence, the push by the left to emasculate them from cradle to grave.

When the government provides, the government controls.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:08 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Ok and? Even others who send more have relatively high OOW birth rates.
Lower than the US

Old 12-31-2017, 05:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The rate for African-Americans is actually higher than it looks on paper because immigrants from Africa have much lower out of wedlock birth rates of about 34%.

Hispanic immigrants also have much lower out of wedlock birthrates than latinas who were born in America.
Actually its lower

OOW = married

Two people dont have to be married to raise a child together in the same house. The actual number is far closer to 50%

Old 12-31-2017, 05:20 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Actually its lower

OOW = married

Two people dont have to be married to raise a child together in the same house. The actual number is far closer to 50%

Since when does OOW (out of wedlock) = married?

If you look at a link that both MetroWord and I posted you'll see the Census numbers for single parent households. Which does not mean "married to raise a child together in the same house". It means exactly what it says, households with only one parent in residence. No step parents, no boy/girl friends.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:23 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,398,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Today, no Jim Crow laws, no restrictive covenants, more Blacks in the middle class as opposed to the 1960s. I'd much rather be alive today. More freedoms and rights than ever before.
+1....and I say as a white guy.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:22 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,600,070 times
Quote:
Actually its lower

OOW = married

bull.
Actually you are full of it since you are providing no evidence to this claim.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:49 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,398,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
All lies. I would expect nothing less. Conservatives are FOR responsible birth control. How about the Black women, and men take some PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY??? But no, to you it is all the Republicans' fault.

This crisis correlates directly with LBJ's Great Society, and incentivizing out of wedlock birth. In this case correlation IS causation.
Actually, no, you are wrong.

One of the most comprehensive studies done on this issue concluded as follows:

"The results show that after controlling for individual effects, there is no evidence that welfare contributes to increasing propensities to form female headed households for either whites or blacks."

Does Welfare Play Any Role in Female Headship Decisions?

Old 12-31-2017, 06:52 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Since when does OOW (out of wedlock) = married?

If you look at a link that both MetroWord and I posted you'll see the Census numbers for single parent households. Which does not mean "married to raise a child together in the same house". It means exactly what it says, households with only one parent in residence. No step parents, no boy/girl friends.
LOL

I meant to say OOW = unmarried.

and that you dont have to be married to raise a child together. There are plenty of 2 parent Households where the 2 adults are not married. And I dont mean mom and grandmom type households either.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:55 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
LOL

I meant to say OOW = unmarried.

and that you dont have to be married to raise a child together. There are plenty of 2 parent Households where the 2 adults are not married. And I dont mean mom and grandmom type households either.
If you look back several dozen posts you'll see I said the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies