Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 04:10 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times

Advertisements

We can add "Sloppy Steve" to the list now. A timely entry and real contender.

'Sloppy Steve" that will stick !!!!!

"Sloppy Steve " is a lock on the Palace Intrigue award.

I love saying "Sloppy Steve" it has a fun ring to it like Soupy Sales. Unforgettable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 08:30 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Perhaps you should not be so low information and do some research on how the economy and stock market really work? That makes as much sense as the liar and chief claiming bragging rights about how he single handedly saved the air line industry from having zero crashes last year Oh by the way maybe you haven't noticed, but the value of our currency is slipping. It peaked around the time Trump was inaugurated and has been sliding since, so by your logic, isn't that Trump's fault as well?

lets compare market positions and see which one of us really understands how the stock market really works? Im up better than 10% this year in absolute dollars already, how about you? When we get a VIX close below 9 Im going to be buying more SPY calls

deflection attempt about the airline stuff belongs in another thread.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:43 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
The purpose of this farce was to detract from the release of Fire and Fury, which was originally slated to hit the stands on the 9th. Trump's plan was to have everyone talking about this instead of the book on Tuesday. But the publishers took the wind out of Trump's sails by releasing it today. And now there is a whole weekend ahead where people will be talking about it and releasing excerpts. I imagine the Sunday shows will talk of little else.

No silly pretend "awards" are going deflect from the slow moving train crash that is the Trump presidency, no matter how much the president may wish it. I must admit, I never foresaw enjoying the Trump presidency as much as I am.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:01 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
Jim Acosta from CNN is still the front runner for this award is my guess

Old 01-05-2018, 12:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
I didn't read the thread. I recall it being here and read this and it just jumped out at me as being fake.

The headline.

Six-figure construction jobs are going unfilled

When the reality is the article is about entry level jobs going unfilled that might some day lead to six figure jobs.

Some of the positions than can lead to those lucrative salaries include welders, foremen and even some craft professionals, like instrument techs and crane operators, Mulva said.

Six-figure construction jobs are going unfilled | Fox Business

Old 01-05-2018, 01:00 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
lets compare market positions and see which one of us really understands how the stock market really works? Im up better than 10% this year in absolute dollars already, how about you? When we get a VIX close below 9 Im going to be buying more SPY calls

deflection attempt about the airline stuff belongs in another thread.
Um retired at 58. Enough said.

Trump taking a bow for the airline industry not having a crash this year is far from deflection. It makes as much sense as him taking a bow for the stock market. I'll bet you won't hear him talk about the dollar slipping. Oh, That's Obama. Right.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:23 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Will there be a best TV news theme song category?

Best location news report? CNN wins that for staging events using their own staff.

Separate print and TV categories?

Will Melania, the Trump daughters and wives present the trophies in each category? Can't wait to see what they all will be wearing.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:24 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Jim Acosta from CNN is still the front runner for this award is my guess
Will they have a Best Hairstyle trophy?

Old 01-06-2018, 05:26 PM

587 posts, read 305,110 times
Oh wow this is so much bigger than the Oscars !

Old 01-06-2018, 05:36 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,371,285 times
Trump lies every day and since he hates loosing, he should walk away with it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies