Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2018, 06:36 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times

Advertisements

I might have voted for Ivanka.
She much smarter than her father. More personable than Hillary, and she isn't Hillary.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:36 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The following are excerpts from a New Yorker article written my Michael Wolff. There will be those that say it is fake news, but that is just a sorry excuse for not wanting to deal with and/or to face the truth.

Trump, including his staff, never wanted to win the presidency.

Trump was shocked when he won

Trump did not know who John Boehner, the Speaker of the House, was

Murdoch's low opinion of Trump on Immigration:

Here's the link

Michael Wolff

Fascinating read.

I'm sure nobody comes out of high school or college wanting a career as a chief A operator for a wastewater treatment plant.

But like Washington D.C., this sludge needs to be pulled out of our water and sent back into the ground. The water needs to be treated and ultimately recycled.

In time, the A operator comes to love the job and is rewarded by decent pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Love this analogy.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty fitting for the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So Hillary was so bad she lost to a candiate who didn't even want it apparently? Wow. So much for "the most qualified candiate of all time"
Though the thread title is nifty and eye catching, it's a lie.

Trump wants to be President. He loves it. He's doing remarkably well despite all the idiots trying to stop him.

He probably didn't think he would actually win.

Two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Beaten by the most unqualified candidate of all time. Because apparently there are lots and lots and lots of idiots who are allowed to vote.
Y'all used to have the decency to just call us Russians.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-03-2018 at 07:27 PM..

Old 01-03-2018, 06:39 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I might have voted for Ivanka.
She much smarter than her father. More personable than Hillary, and she isn't Hillary.
I imagine a lot of people agree with you. Even Democrats.

Well, probably not now - but back in 2016, definitely a real possibility.

That said, I wager she would not have run as a Republican.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:40 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm sure nobody comes out of high school or college wanting a career as a chief A operator for a wastewater treatment plant.

But like Washington D.C., this sludge needs to be pulled out of our water and sent back into the ground. The water needs to be treated and ultimately recycled.

In time, the A operator comes to love the job and is rewarded by decent pay.
Love this analogy.

5,802 posts, read 9,897,487 times
All a Reality Show and the Ultimate Con-Job ... and Americans got taken to the cleaners .... Trump has exposed how vulnerable this country is when 'Low Information Minds' are brainwashed by a good propagandist con-artist, and with the help of state run media.

Trump is so illiterate, he can't even recite the ABC's ... Yet the Deplorables actually thought he was going to do something for them. Deplorables this is YOUR PRESIDENT!

How convenient this all comes out after the passage of the Tax Bill.

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
BTW.

Someone is getting credit for clicks on that Amazon link for the Book being hawked in the OP.

This nonsense is nothing more than that. Book sales for some unknown.
Probably the Deep (Derp) State.

I get $10000 per thread here at CD - that Soros is really good at paying out, you know (but man, that conversion from Hungarian money is a pain!).

Old 01-03-2018, 06:42 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
So Hillary was so bad she lost to a candiate who didn't even want it apparently? Wow. So much for "the most qualified candiate of all time"

Old 01-03-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I imagine a lot of people agree with you. Even Democrats.

Well, probably not now - but back in 2016, definitely a real possibility.

That said, I wager she would not have run as a Republican.
No clue about she might have run as.
Ivanka or Hillary? No contest Ivanka.
Ivanka or Donald? No contest Ivanka.I would have voted for Ivanka over any of the Republicans that ran.
I would have likely taken Jim Webb over Ivanka.
Donald has most likely ruined any chance for Ivanka to ever be elected to anything.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:45 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Beaten by the most unqualified candidate of all time. Because apparently there are lots and lots and lots of idiots who are allowed to vote.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:45 PM

Based upon how it seemed like he was hell bent on sabotaging his own campaign when ever he started moving up in the polls, I believe he didn't really want the job.
The hell of it is he could have let his daughter run and she likely would have beaten Hillary. Hell a ***** scab on mangy dog's butt could have beaten Hillary, Donald did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies