Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2018, 03:22 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,735,815 times

Advertisements

What he did for Atlantic City and Trump U. and everything else he worked on...he's now doing for US. We should be glad that a biznessman is giving us all his best....or so the story goes.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:22 PM
JRR

8,235 posts, read 5,740,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Best thing about Trump is what he does to liberals, and their reactions. It's unmatched.

That's why I was attracted to the title of this thread. The entertainment. Reminds me of election night with all the crying and screaming. Looking forward to re-election night.
Different people are entertained in different ways. I enjoy seeing ardent Trump supporters twist themselves into pretzels to defend his actions.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:31 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,860,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
2019-2020 are shaping up to be baaaaaaad years for the economy.

This.

12% unemployment and 7000 Dow by the 2020 election.

And this is ALL on Trump. Our country and our economy was on track to boom in late 2016.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:50 PM

19,943 posts, read 22,895,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Words matter, this is NOT correct. Its the worst DECEMBER.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/17/wors...epression.html
What month is this? Pray tell?

But yeah oh boy- your logic, well **whew**, that makes the market seem so much brighter now doesn't it?

Old 12-18-2018, 03:51 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,270,066 times
Quote:
Best thing about Trump is what he does to liberals, and their reactions. It's unmatched.

That's why I was attracted to the title of this thread. The entertainment. Reminds me of election night with all the crying and screaming. Looking forward to re-election night.
This is like eating poison, and waiting for someone else to get sick.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:54 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,860,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

I think most of them would rather completely destroy the country than allow the people they consider "other" to be treated equally under the law.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:55 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,010,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The Dow is on track to have the worst month since the Great Depression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
What month is this? Pray tell?

But yeah oh boy- your logic, well **whew**, that makes the market seem so much brighter now doesn't it?
What you typed doesn't mean what you think it does, sorry, but not sorry.

And no, don't roll your eyes at me just because you can't figure out how to interpret what you read or heard somewhere else.

Your reaction here is what I'd expect from Trump himself.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:06 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,411,294 times
Quote:

Ha! Trump will probably be in jail in 2020.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:30 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,735,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I've said it for year, but deplorables prove it beyond any doubt. There are a number of Americans who want everything to fail. They have become convinced that only from the ashes can their "authoritarian/nationalist/fundamentalist" new nation rise up.

This fits in very closely with the Trump experience.....win-lose or lose lose. Most of Trump's life has been lose-lose, that is he has less money than if he invested his inheritance in an index...and along the way he has taken so many people for a ride...none of which needed to be.

The current deplorables think a "win" is more pollution, shorter life spans, more suicides, the decline of the USA and less education.

Instead of the old wisdom "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" doesn't apply because they revel in being fools.

Sad, really. One can only hope their numbers are declining. I notice in Trump Central (Sarasota) there are VERY few signs up anymore (people had lawn signs even with no election)...and even fewer bumper stickers!

So it may be that a good percentage of deplorables are already disavowing their past. Soon it will be like the Iraq War. 85% of the country was good to go for it....but ask today and many will deny. Trump was for it but won't admit it now.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:36 PM

16,344 posts, read 8,140,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I've said it for year, but deplorables prove it beyond any doubt. There are a number of Americans who want everything to fail. They have become convinced that only from the ashes can their "authoritarian/nationalist/fundamentalist" new nation rise up.

This fits in very closely with the Trump experience.....win-lose or lose lose. Most of Trump's life has been lose-lose, that is he has less money than if he invested his inheritance in an index...and along the way he has taken so many people for a ride...none of which needed to be.

The current deplorables think a "win" is more pollution, shorter life spans, more suicides, the decline of the USA and less education.

Instead of the old wisdom "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" doesn't apply because they revel in being fools.

Sad, really. One can only hope their numbers are declining. I notice in Trump Central (Sarasota) there are VERY few signs up anymore (people had lawn signs even with no election)...and even fewer bumper stickers!

So it may be that a good percentage of deplorables are already disavowing their past. Soon it will be like the Iraq War. 85% of the country was good to go for it....but ask today and many will deny. Trump was for it but won't admit it now.
Trumpies cut off their nose to spite their face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.