Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2019, 09:40 AM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What in the world is going on in the economy and the markets ?

Can someone explain why the price of oil is going down and the stock markets are steady and up ?

There must be a reason !!! Ya think !?!?!?

Because Trump sent a tweet about a meeting with China. Hopefully it is not more of his BS.

Rumor has it that J & I are aware of what the President will tweet, and make their buys and sells accordingly.

Hoping that gets investigated.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-18-2019, 09:51 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Because Trump sent a tweet about a meeting with China. Hopefully it is not more of his BS.

Rumor has it that J & I are aware of what the President will tweet, and make their buys and sells accordingly.

Trump has a well documented history of trying to manipulate the markets for a quick profit.

Old 06-18-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Trump has a well documented history of trying to manipulate the markets for a quick profit.
Yep. He succeeded for awhile too.

Old 06-18-2019, 09:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Would that be the reason the DOW is within 500 to 600 points of the all time high ?
You mean 600 points from where is was 17 months ago?

Old 06-18-2019, 09:58 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
So does OPEC. Think about it, you invest millions upon billions of $$$$ into US oil stocks through shell companies if you must, and then send out some people in boats waving machine guns or shoot a tanker and block the straights. More profits.

We are plus/minus oil independent now, and the last reports showed surpluses of oil so prices are going down.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
So does OPEC. Think about it, you invest millions upon billions of $$$$ into US oil stocks through shell companies if you must, and then send out some people in boats waving machine guns or shoot a tanker and block the straights. More profits.

We are plus/minus oil independent now, and the last reports showed surpluses of oil so prices are going down.
Soooo...... you are equating Trump to a pirate?

Old 06-18-2019, 10:09 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times
Quote:
Soooo...... you are equating Trump to a pirate?
Lol no. But anybody in a position of power can , and do, manipulate the markets for profit. All that's happening here is China is trying to drag their feet in hopes that we have a Democrat president in 2020 that is going to roll over on trade like all the others (except Trump).

Look, I'm typically a moderate. I've voted both ways through the years. I don't like some of the things Trump stands for, but when it comes down to it $13 TRILLION and counting is ALOT of money that could have been spent here on OUR infrastructure. The financial losses of our flawed trade and immigration policies are massive and Trumps position on these issues has my support. The democrats used to be the ones that stood up for the American worker while the Republicans were the "robber barons", but now the democrats have gone bat**** crazy liberal with supporting the illegals, homeless, entitlement programs, and complete lack of criminal justice, and want to tax tax tax working middle class like myself more and more when I can't even afford a home anymore. Anyone better than our typical choices in politics, simply isn't going to be in politics, especially with the ****show mess this country has been for the last decade+.

Last edited by rkcarguy; 06-18-2019 at 10:23 AM..

Old 06-18-2019, 10:10 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean 600 points from where is was 17 months ago?
Is that what you call Armageddon ? A market bottom ?

How is that Head and Shoulders Top looking for you now ?

The neckline buy point below 20,000 yet ?

Old 06-18-2019, 10:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:

His tweets should NOT drive the stock market, but it seems he wants to create instability to drive the market down, and then reverse it to help it recover. That is not how healthy markets work.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Lol no. But anybody in a position of power can , and do, manipulate the markets for profit.
I do not know what laws apply to OPEC, but I know what ones apply here to that type of behavior. Hint: it is not legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies