Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 01:55 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Comey could face espionage charge for leaking classified information. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. LoL

It too early to know if he will face charges, but I wouldn't want to be Comey right about now.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley has sent a letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

After a review of the seven memoranda created by former Director Comey, it is now clear that four are marked classified at various levels of sensitivity. Former Director Comey reportedly provided copies of four memos to Columbia Law School Professor Daniel Richman. If true, that would mean at least one disclosed memo contained information now-marked classified.

My staff has since reviewed these memoranda in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) at the FBI, and I reviewed them in a SCIF at the Office of Senate Security. The FBI insisted that these reviews take place in a SCIF because the majority of the memos are classified. Of the seven memos, four are marked classified at the “SECRET” or “CONFIDENTIAL” levels. Only three did not contain classified information.

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/news...memos#_ftnref2

and i might get to mars while still living.... but both are not that likely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 02:01 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
For what crime exactly?

they are losing the plot.

I try reminding folks on these forums that when you limit your news sources to those that make you feel comfortable you tend to lose sight of the full picture. I understand the desire to seek out news that confirms one's feelings, but it results in people believing nonsense that is demonstrably false.

look how excited so many trump supporters were when the Uranium nonsense was hyped up again.

Of course many folks here know they are peddling lies and propaganda but they do it to support trumpism and possibly to earn a few bucks..

Old 01-04-2018, 02:11 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Quote:
For what crime exactly?
Not participating in the obstruction of justice that Trump wanted.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:20 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Comey could face espionage charge for leaking classified information. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. LoL
It too early to know if he will face charges, but I wouldn't want to be Comey right about now.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley has sent a letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

After a review of the seven memoranda created by former Director Comey, it is now clear that four are marked classified at various levels of sensitivity. Former Director Comey reportedly provided copies of four memos to Columbia Law School Professor Daniel Richman. If true, that would mean at least one disclosed memo contained information now-marked classified.

My staff has since reviewed these memoranda in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) at the FBI, and I reviewed them in a SCIF at the Office of Senate Security. The FBI insisted that these reviews take place in a SCIF because the majority of the memos are classified. Of the seven memos, four are marked classified at the “SECRET” or “CONFIDENTIAL” levels. Only three did not contain classified information.

Anyone who whines about Comey, but does not care that Trump discusses classified information in a crowded dining room is a hypocrite.

Donald Trump and Japanese PM Shinzo Abe 'responded to North Korea missile test in crowded Mar-a-Lago dining room' | The Independent

Old 01-04-2018, 02:20 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Grassley trying desperately to change the subject from Fusion GPS. The Senator lied at a town hall, lied to the media and continues to lie because he does not want to release the minutes which damage the POTUS.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:25 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,339,310 times
Quote:
For what crime exactly?
Investigating Dear Leader and his family. It is amazing how quickly Trump was able to galvanize support for his fascist regime. For anyone wondering how things got so bad in Germany, well this is how it starts.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:43 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Anyone who whines about Comey, but does not care that Trump discusses classified information in a crowded dining room is a hypocrite.

Donald Trump and Japanese PM Shinzo Abe 'responded to North Korea missile test in crowded Mar-a-Lago dining room' | The Independent
Dear God, you just posted a link to a completely debunked fake news article. LoL

Old 01-04-2018, 02:47 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Wait until Mueller is in court.

As a defendant.

Now you are really reaching for straws. Why stop there, let's arrest the Pope.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:47 PM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:

Comey should get some jail time for knowingly and deliberately leaking classified documents....gee I wonder why he was fired.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:57 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
The question would be what the classification level of the memos were at the time released. They have now been classified (by who) but may not have been at the time. Classification levels change all the time and depend on the context of the information. They may now only be classified because there is an investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies