U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2018, 04:08 PM
 
272 posts, read 96,451 times
Reputation: 162

Advertisements

Good to see. Looks like a real right wing will be winning a historic victory in march elections. Austria Hungary,Poland, the right is really resurgent in europe

"If indications from recent regional elections are to be believed , the Democrats, today governing with centrist parties, are set for a historic defeat"

https://thinkprogress.org/italys-far...-d870acc1da53/

https://www.economist.com/news/europ...onal-political
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2018, 04:13 PM
 
Location: City of Atlanta
2,753 posts, read 1,717,049 times
Reputation: 3844
And why is that a good thing? You know what's happening in Poland, right? The courts are being folded under the governing party. That's never a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 04:17 PM
 
10,930 posts, read 5,051,269 times
Reputation: 4890
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
Good to see. Looks like a real right wing will be winning a historic victory in march elections. Austria Hungary,Poland, the right is really resurgent in europe

"If indications from recent regional elections are to be believed , the Democrats, today governing with centrist parties, are set for a historic defeat"

https://thinkprogress.org/italys-far...-d870acc1da53/

https://www.economist.com/news/europ...onal-political
I see little good in far-right-wing nationalism.

These are the kind of trends that lead Europe down a pretty messy war in the early part of the 20th century. Surely we have learned our lessons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 04:32 PM
 
Location: USA
7,478 posts, read 5,798,259 times
Reputation: 12323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
And why is that a good thing? You know what's happening in Poland, right? The courts are being folded under the governing party. That's never a good thing.
I find it hilarious that we've got supposedly "patriotic" right-wingers on this forum supporting right-wing extremists in other nations. They don't seem to understand that xenophobia and jingoism are a key part of right-wing policy, even as they promote such nonsense in this nation.

Newsflash, righties: by definition, right-wingers in other nations are NOT your friend or ally. To them, you're a "dirty immigrant who's gonna steal my job and money."

The worst part: they seem to forget that last, fun far-right party in Italy some years ago... Fascism? Benito Mussolini? Remember your history, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 05:28 PM
 
272 posts, read 96,451 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I see little good in far-right-wing nationalism.

These are the kind of trends that lead Europe down a pretty messy war in the early part of the 20th century. Surely we have learned our lessons?
Unless some worldwide economic crisis happens I dont see a fascist movement coming to power at this time. This rise of the right today has a great deal to do with the weakness of these governments to protect their borders
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 10:05 PM
 
8,264 posts, read 2,448,333 times
Reputation: 5758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
And why is that a good thing?
It's opposition to genocide. That's why it's a good thing.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 01-05-2018 at 10:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Earth
17,446 posts, read 23,978,485 times
Reputation: 7282
This is not really something we should be celebrating.

While it is unquestionably true that a lot of great art and architecture was made under the Mussolini regime, the price of having fascism is not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 10:16 PM
 
8,264 posts, read 2,448,333 times
Reputation: 5758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Newsflash, righties: by definition, right-wingers in other nations are NOT your friend or ally. To them, you're a "dirty immigrant who's gonna steal my job and money."
We don't want to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 10:17 PM
 
50,758 posts, read 26,780,454 times
Reputation: 15908
Our ancestors went to war fighting black shirts in Italy’s streets.

Now American Republicans cheer on Italian fascists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 11:02 PM
 
Location: Here.
13,889 posts, read 12,655,712 times
Reputation: 16271
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Our ancestors went to war fighting black shirts in Italy’s streets.

Now American Republicans cheer on Italian fascists.
My ancestors fought Islamist invaders...and so will I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:14 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top