Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 10:31 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
When has he ever shown loyalty to anyone but himself? He now picks what he's been planting for many, many years.
If memory serve me correctly, I believe Trump was a Clinton (Bill) supporter and was even a donor back in the day. Trump has very much been supportive and loyal to both democratic and republican candidates over the years. You need to read up on history before mouthing off something you know nothing about.
You inadvertently gave a perfect example.

He is loyal only to himself, and all of his decisions are calculated to benefit only him. The is no empathy, no altruism, no cause he supports and would sacrifice for. It's just all him and he would use, deceive and even betray anyone.

If you or I gave our little portion to a candidate it would only be because we believed in their cause and would sacrifice to advance that cause. For Trump, it is a calculated investment upon which he requires a return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 10:41 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

He is loyal only to himself, and all of his decisions are calculated to benefit only him. The is no empathy, no altruism, no cause he supports and would sacrifice for. It's just all him and he would use, deceive and even betray anyone.

If you or I gave our little portion to a candidate it would only be because we believed in their cause and would sacrifice to advance that cause. For Trump, it is a calculated investment upon which he requires a return.

Please tell us what decisions only benefit him? I see a lot of nothing in your statement . Enlighten me on what he has done to benefit himself?

Oh let me guess. The tax cuts? Well guess what , they couldn't pass a permanent ta cuts for everyone because there was not enough votes to do so. They needed 60 votes. If the middle class was so important for the democrats, then some of them should have been involved during the process instead of grandstanding .

Old 01-06-2018, 10:41 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

Very few of us are so altruistic that we don’t ultimately look after ourselves and our loved ones. You are attacking Trump for being human, something all of us (outside of Mother Theresa) are.

BTW, if you want all presidents to be selfless, then good luck finding anyone to do the job. Even your Obama and Hillary gods look after themselves too.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:43 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
If memory serve me correctly, I believe Trump was a Clinton (Bill) supporter and was even a donor back in the day. Trump has very much been supportive and loyal to both democratic and republican candidates over the years. You need to read up on history before mouthing off something you know nothing about.

Donald Trump Says His Money Drew Hillary Clinton to His Wedding - ABC News
You have an odd definition of loyalty.

No one thinks that genuine friends can't disagree strongly about politics. And many, if not most, people who run for office run against social friends/acquaintances. But the things Trump said to and about Hillary Clinton do not show ANY kind of loyalty or recognition of past ties or common interests. At all. This is not surprising, since I am quite sure he wanted to confuse his potential supporters about his past Democratic support.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:48 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You have an odd definition of loyalty.

No one thinks that genuine friends can't disagree strongly about politics. And many, if not most, people who run for office run against social friends/acquaintances. But the things Trump said to and about Hillary Clinton do not show ANY kind of loyalty or recognition of past ties. At all.
It’s called falling out. It happens with everyone. Families break up, friends grow distant and couples split up. Does not mean when they were together they were not loyal to each other.

People are allowed to disagree and not remain together, you know. Trump and the Clintons were friends and because of a differences of politics, they are now at odds. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:49 AM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Please tell us what decisions only benefit him? I see a lot of nothing in your statement . Enlighten me on what he has done to benefit himself?

Oh let me guess. The tax cuts? Well guess what , they couldn't pass a permanent ta cuts for everyone because there was not enough votes to do so. They needed 60 votes. If the middle class was so important for the democrats, then some of them should have been involved during the process instead of grandstanding .
Or better yet, during Obama's years, there was a time the democrats had control of everything, why didn't they think of proposing a tax cut for the middleclass back then?

Old 01-06-2018, 10:51 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Fire and Fury is very unique in one respect: Never that I can recall have we had a critical presidential tell all book after the first year of a presidential administration.

Trump has been called a "moron", "idiot", "dope" and "stupid" and that is by his friends and political appointees!

Trump has engendered little if no loyalty, except by those people who barely know him, or who do not know him at all and who would never be invited to walk in the same social circles as he does.

Why so little loyalty or warm feelings for Trump by those closest to him? Why such low opinions?
Because Trump is an opportunist who represents neither the Traditionalist nor the Libertarian contingent within the coalition that stopped Obama and the Clintons from consolidating their power a year ago. But most of us within (or merely semi-disposed toward) that coalition saw him as the lesser threat than another coalition of the over-sheltered, the short-sighted, and the merely power-obsessed who would like to see one of the world's oldest and most-tested democracies devolve into a one-party circus-state modeled upon Mexico, and as is currently unraveling in the societal basket-case called California.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:58 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
It’s called falling out. It happens with everyone. Families break up, friends grow distant and couples split up. Does not mean when they were together they were not loyal to each other.

People are allowed to disagree and not remain together, you know. Trump and the Clintons were friends and because of a differences of politics, they are now at odds. Nothing wrong with that.
Didn't say that there's anything wrong or even unusual about people changing their minds. Just saying that loyalty is an odd term to use to describe switching sides.

Short-term and/or conditional loyalty is no loyalty at all.

Last edited by jacqueg; 01-06-2018 at 11:23 AM..

Old 01-06-2018, 10:59 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Most of us only care that he serves the best interests of our country and our people which he is doing it. Others want to yammer on about "loyalty" or "popularity", etc. as a way to have something negative to yammer on about Trump, because he is doing a really good job despite all the deadbeats that try to block him.

I don't think much about "loyalty" as it is all too often used to cover, like with Hillary's "loyalty" to Bill when it came to his abuse of them. "Loyalty" can be a bad thing.
He is a disgrace and he has disgraced him self in front of God, man and the rest of the world. He has disgraced our country. He is a blemish on American history that will take generations to correct. The people that follow him will only be a foot note and compared to those that followed Jim Jones, David Koresh and those like them. I hope I live long enough to see him face the truth, justice and the wailing of those that were mislead.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:07 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

Donald Trump Says His Money Drew Hillary Clinton to His Wedding - ABC News

Oh? Are you really so naive as to believe his donations to politicians of both parties had any other purpose than to put himself in a favorable light when he needed something?

"I support politicians. In 2008, I supported Hillary Clinton, I supported many other people, by the way, and that was because of the fact that I'm in business." _____ Donald Trump

Notice the intent of his donations was to benefit himself.

Talk about mouthing off about something you know nothing about.

Last edited by burdell; 01-06-2018 at 11:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies