Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 04:40 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,528,776 times

Advertisements

It is refreshing to see Luntz do this.
In the midst of so much hate and finger pointing for about 2 years coming from so many, it is refreshing.
I hope if he starts to disagree with the President and the people who voted the President in, he can refrain from adding to the pool of disgusting remarks and mindset.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...ology.amp.html

Conservative pollster Frank Luntz reconciled his 2015 public row with Donald Trump, saying Tuesday that he now owes the president an apology after his State of the Union address.

Tonight, I owe Donald Trump an apology. Tonight, I was moved and inspired. Tonight, I have hope and faith in America again. It may go away tomorrow. But tonight, America is great again,” Luntz wrote in a series of tweets.

Even in foreign policy and national security this speech (is) a perfect blend of strength and empathy. These heroic stories break our hearts, but sturdy our resolve. This is the Trump his voters wanted him to be,” Luntz continued.

The pollster’s praise for Trump did not stop there. He added that Trump's SOTU address “represents the presidential performance that Trump observers have been waiting for — brilliant mix of numbers and stories, humility and aggressiveness, traditional conservatism and political populism.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 04:51 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,408,542 times
The problem with Trump is that, to paraphrase Luntz, "it [always] goes away tomorrow".

Last edited by TreeBeard; 02-01-2018 at 05:40 AM..

Old 02-01-2018, 04:57 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,645,764 times
I think Frank is a great guy who shouldn't be part of the story because when he does these focus groups it can certainly impact people if they know what the moderator's position is.

Hard to do when you're in the press a lot. I don't know what the answer is, but I do wish he wasn't on social media so he could lie low a little.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The problem with Trump is that, to paraphrase Luntz, "it [always] goes away tomorrow".
He does tend to be raw with his words. I Dont think that helps matters any.

Did he, does he have to to show how the news lies and is bias, and to get the corruption out in the open? I dont know. Maybe? It is coming out for the better of America, to have the act cleaned up.

I think Pres Trump has settled his mouth some.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:07 AM

20,166 posts, read 9,069,121 times
I judge by results not words.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:40 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,638,064 times
Traitor and two-faced. He can go screw himself. Sick of Trump defectors.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Traitor and two-faced. He can go screw himself. Sick of Trump defectors.
Way to be, allen

Old 02-01-2018, 08:51 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,560,676 times
It’s unbelievable how the little crony insiders react to an outsider like Trump tipping their little boat over. It’s nice there is one big enough man to admit his mistakes.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It’s unbelievable how the little crony insiders react to an outsider like Trump tipping their little boat over. It’s nice there is one big enough man to admit his mistakes.
True and nice to see a man big enough to do so.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,284,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
It is refreshing to see Luntz do this.
In the midst of so much hate and finger pointing for about 2 years coming from so many, it is refreshing.
I hope if he starts to disagree with the President and the people who voted the President in, he can refrain from adding to the pool of disgusting remarks and mindset.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...ology.amp.html

Conservative pollster Frank Luntz reconciled his 2015 public row with Donald Trump, saying Tuesday that he now owes the president an apology after his State of the Union address.

Tonight, I owe Donald Trump an apology. Tonight, I was moved and inspired. Tonight, I have hope and faith in America again. It may go away tomorrow. But tonight, America is great again,” Luntz wrote in a series of tweets.

Even in foreign policy and national security this speech (is) a perfect blend of strength and empathy. These heroic stories break our hearts, but sturdy our resolve. This is the Trump his voters wanted him to be,” Luntz continued.

The pollster’s praise for Trump did not stop there. He added that Trump's SOTU address “represents the presidential performance that Trump observers have been waiting for — brilliant mix of numbers and stories, humility and aggressiveness, traditional conservatism and political populism.”
It is tomorrow and the administration has shown that they mean none of what they say.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ks/1085279001/

Your very first action is to attack the one guy from the other side that has tried to work with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies