Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 02:12 PM

18,917 posts, read 8,553,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
My niece is an OT at a facility that is part of a nation-wide chain. She does work-ups to check for physical problems. Sometimes she gets people from other nearby facilities from other chains. While most are elderly, not all are. While most have physical problems, not all do. Some have been placed in a facility. Some have gone of their own accord. They are almost all on Medicaid. I've seen this myself over the years, where someone who seems to be able-bodied will check themselves into a facility.

If the government goes after those able-bodied people, what's to stop them from going after the others? Nothing.
I would think that unless self-pay, that people would need just a bit of a medical exam and some reasonable diagnosis as to why they are in said facilities? Unless there is fraud going on.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:14 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,557,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
My niece is an OT at a facility that is part of a nation-wide chain. She does work-ups to check for physical problems. Sometimes she gets people from other nearby facilities from other chains. While most are elderly, not all are. While most have physical problems, not all do. Some have been placed in a facility. Some have gone of their own accord. They are almost all on Medicaid. I've seen this myself over the years, where someone who seems to be able-bodied will check themselves into a facility.

If the government goes after those able-bodied people, what's to stop them from going after the others? Nothing.
https://www.kff.org/infographic/medi...ing-home-care/

Over 4 of 5 nursing home residents are 65+.

2 of 3 are women

4 of 5 are white.

3 in 5 have cognitive impairment (alzheimer's, stroke etc)

Old 01-11-2018, 02:23 PM

19,792 posts, read 12,351,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Fake news...it's only for able bodied adults...seniors get Medicare nice try tho...these guys should be full time jurors
Define able-bodied.

You guys who keep repeating it can't, because you have no idea.

There are people hanging by a thread, and this pushes them over the cliff. They will die from lack of care because they cannot work and cannot be designated as disabled.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:25 PM

8,374 posts, read 3,568,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There are also many who suffer from mental health issues and are not really employable either, but they are "able bodied."

And to you and all of them the GOP and Trump say, shut up, go away and die already. We don't believe you have any value to society so we don't care about you.

Of course, the GOP has been saying that for years now. It's only been the Democrats who have protected those who can't protect themselves through the years. But with the GOP in control of everything, we're seeing how heartless they truly are.

And the cult cheers...until they are the ones out in the cold. And that's coming...

Until there is a way for the unemployed to force employers to hire and retain people with health problems then those with health problems should not be punished for being unemployed. You cannot take a job that isn't offered to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies