Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Donald Trump a racist?
Yes 259 55.34%
No 209 44.66%
Voters: 468. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 04:05 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
correct, in 2011. the certificate of live birth that obama released in 2008 was a legal contemporary state issued document compatible with what both mitt romney and donald trump released as legal proof of birth.

yes, i did.

obama proved the facts of his birth in june 2008. by demanding the "long-form" birth certificate obama was held to a higher standard of proof than either mitt romney, ted cruz or donald trump ( or any previous presidential candidate that didn't make their birth certificate publicly available ). even when supplied the birthers demanded an even higher level of proof.

to hold a black candidate to a higher standard than a white is racist.
Your narrative is blown up by fact that he questioned Cruz's citizenship, and I don't recall any liberal saying that was racist.

If there was no merit to what Trump was saying, why did Obama bother to release the long form? Also, Obama or the state of Hawiaii had previously said the long form no longer existed, but then he was able to produce one.

WHat I think is racist is how you try to turn Obama into a victim because people questioned his citizenship. Simply questoning his citizenship is not evidence of racism.

I guarantee you if Obama was a Republican, most liberals would have no problem questioning his citizenship and those that did would not be accused of racism.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 01-16-2018 at 04:17 PM..

Old 01-16-2018, 04:08 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Some "racist!"

(Yes, image is a little blurry)

Old 01-16-2018, 04:13 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:

no it doesn't. the "born in kenya" blurb came from a industry-only brochure promoting the literary agency. mariam goderich has admitted to writing error.
The blurb was on Obama's book.

It remained there for a while.

If a blurb stated something factually incorrect about me on a book about me, I would not have allowed it to get past the proofreading stage, let alone be printed and included on/with my book.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:20 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Your narrative is blown up by fact that he questioned Cruz's citizenship, ...
trump questioned cruz's eligibility since cruz was born in canada. he never questioned the validity of cruz's birth certificate or demanded a higher standard of proof ( "long-form").

trump demanded a higher standard of proof from obama than cruz. my point stands.

Quote:
Also, Obama or the state of Hawiaii had previously said the long form no longer existed, but then he was able to produce one.
the state of HI did not say that the "long-form" no longer existed. the "long-form" is just part of the vital records that are maintained by the state health department ( this is true of every state ). what they did point out was since 2001 they had switched to an abstract form as the standard issue for birth certificates. it was one of these that obama received in 2007 and made public in june 2008. in 2011 obama made a special request for a "long-form" from the state of hawaii and they complied copying directly from vital records.

this only escalated birtherism thanks to joe arpaio and his comically incompetent cold case posse ( aka mike zullo ).

Old 01-16-2018, 04:22 PM

I think it is weird you are still talking about the birther thing in 2018. Obama is no longer president. The birther movement never went anywhere.

Obama went to the very racist Jeramiah Wright's church. That seems like better evidence of racism than Trump's birther thing, which I think was mostly show biz.

I remember when the economy was struggling during the Obama years, and all liberals like you wanted to do was make Obama out as a victim because a small number of people questioned his citizenship. It isn't the people unemployed out there that have it rough, it was president Obama.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
The blurb was on Obama's book.
no it wasn't.

Quote:
It remained there for a while.
no, it didn't.

first editions of obama's book are still easy to obtain. i challenge you to find any image of obama's book that states he was born in kenya. if this truly was the case birthers would have pasted photos of it all over the web.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I think it is weird you are still talking about the birther thing in 2018.
you and others brought it up in the thread. not surprising being a thread debating if trump is/isn't racist.

i'm simply responding with facts to false information.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
... because a small number of people questioned his citizenship.
polls consistently showed between 33-40% of republicans believed in some aspect of birtherism. that's not a small number.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
polls consistently showed between 33-40% of republicans believed in some aspect of birtherism. that's not a small number.
That's smaller than the percentage of Democrats who think Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election from Hillary. I also don't trust any poll that was done by liberal pro-Obama outfits on that issue.

You still haven't articulated how it is racist to be a birther. Obama had a father who was from Kenya and went back to Kenya after he was born.

I think if the birther thing is the main argument that Trump is a racist, you don't have a case.

These days, a racist is essentially anybody who is not a liberal Democrat, using their definition. The point is to discredit people by smearing them as racist.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
You still haven't articulated how it is racist to be a birther.
yes i have, specifically, twice, with the second time in bold.

do you really want me to post it again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies