Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 06:12 PM

272 posts, read 218,045 times

Advertisements

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=y4bAULTwAJU

It takes a moment to really grasp what's going on here... The lefties are starting to realize they've created their own apocalypse with #metoo as it begins to devour their own. Suddenly this lady is met with job of defending Aziz Ansari and berating a woman who, by her account, was being dehumanized and manipulated into gross sex for an entire evening. What was the tipping point for CNN to decide that for once, the poor victim woman wasn't right? What about Ansari caused them to start doing what they should have been doing at the start of #metoo?

Old 01-17-2018, 04:36 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
I have difficulty understanding what Ansari's anonymous accuser wants.

Old 01-17-2018, 04:41 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Attention and her 15 minutes of fame?

Ansari may have been a bad date and he manipulated her but she allowed herself to be manipulated.

Old 01-17-2018, 04:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Now you know how conservatives feel being accused all day, everyday of something or another except we don't have the luxury of the liberal media to defend us.

Old 01-17-2018, 04:43 PM

700 posts, read 638,023 times
Didn't the #metoo movement begin by going after the "their own"? Harvey Weinstein, Paul Haggis, Morgan Spurlock, etc..

Old 01-17-2018, 04:50 PM

That's the thing about identity group politics. "Their own" is suppose to be everyone accept straight, white and conservative. But in reality "their own" is actually a very limited demographic, in this case, if you're not a female then you're not one of "their own" and subject to attack. He he he.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:02 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,781,844 times
I've read her account in Babe, and I don't think this is an accusation of rape - just of jerkish, boorish behavior. She wanted his interest and attention - he wanted sex, then and there, after a quick dinner out. He pressured her for sex, she kept on trying to connect with him in other ways. Had some jerk she'd been on a more equal footing with - say, another 22 year old just starting out in life, instead of a 34 year old celebrity - behaved like that, she'd have walked out much more quickly. But she wanted something from him, and he wanted something quite different from her. He figured that their disparate social standing meant he could have sex with her in exchange for a quick casual meal. She figured that she was winning the jackpot - maybe a relationship with a celebrity. When she finally realized (and boy did it take her a long time to realize it) that she wasn't going to get anything from him than a quick sexual encounter, she finally left. And was so hurt that he didn't want anything from her other than sex.

He didn't force her. What they did was consensual. From her description, and it is a very plausible description, he simply ignored all her cues that she didn't want to have sex with him then and there, hoping she'd give in. If he'd been in any position of power over her - her boss, someone who could break her career, who'd enticed her into sexual activity by wielding his power over her, then yes, it definitely would have been a "Me Too" moment. But it wasn't.

But I'm so glad that she publicized an account of their encounter, so that other young women will know what they're in for, when Aziz Ansari asks them out for dinner and invites them back to his apartment. And considering his behavior, he should be happy, too, since now that everyone knows what he's inviting them back for, those who go should be more willing sex partners, and his "yield" should increase.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
I've read her account in Babe, and I don't think this is an accusation of rape - just of jerkish, boorish behavior. She wanted his interest and attention - he wanted sex, then and there, after a quick dinner out. He pressured her for sex, she kept on trying to connect with him in other ways. Had some jerk she'd been on a more equal footing with - say, another 22 year old just starting out in life, instead of a 34 year old celebrity - behaved like that, she'd have walked out much more quickly. But she wanted something from him, and he wanted something quite different from her. He figured that their disparate social standing meant he could have sex with her in exchange for a quick casual meal. She figured that she was winning the jackpot - maybe a relationship with a celebrity. When she finally realized (and boy did it take her a long time to realize it) that she wasn't going to get anything from him than a quick sexual encounter, she finally left. And was so hurt that he didn't want anything from her other than sex.

He didn't force her. What they did was consensual. From her description, and it is a very plausible description, he simply ignored all her cues that she didn't want to have sex with him then and there, hoping she'd give in. If he'd been in any position of power over her - her boss, someone who could break her career, who'd enticed her into sexual activity by wielding his power over her, then yes, it definitely would have been a "Me Too" moment. But it wasn't.

But I'm so glad that she publicized an account of their encounter, so that other young women will know what they're in for, when Aziz Ansari asks them out for dinner and invites them back to his apartment. And considering his behavior, he should be happy, too, since now that everyone knows what he's inviting them back for, those who go should be more willing sex partners, and his "yield" should increase.
But see, I don't even agree with that. Just being in a position to "could have broke her career" doesn't make it harassment unless there's evidence of "did break her career". Otherwise every boss is automatically a harasser. And in this case anyone who could "make you financially" is a harasser. If you are a gold digger and you don't get the gold, doesn't a harasser and harassment make.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:48 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
She wanted nothing more than to humiliate a man who has done nothing wrong and is actually talented and successful. There was no crime here just regret. I am also sick of these "accusers" who go to the media but not the police. In the accusations that ARE genuine there is usually a police report to go with it. This dumb "runt" (the actual word I would use doesn't start with an "R") knew that no laws were actually broken so she had no legal ground. She just wanted to shame and humiliate him for a crappy drunk and horny date and took advantage of what's supposed to be a serious movement, to do so.

I agree 100% on Whoopi Goldberg's take on this. Wtf is a "non-verbal cue" in this case? You can't just say "I gave non-verbal cues" without specifying what your non-verbal cues were. When it comes to stuff like this, you have to be verbal. Grow some breasts and SPEAK UP. This whole story read like a socially awkward 14 year old virgin yet the woman was 22? Holy crap. And don't go to a guys apartment after a date if you don't wanna have sex. Welcome to the adult world, where if a guy invites you to his apartment after a date, it's not to show you his Pokemon card collection.

My problem with liberal millennials is they want the privileges of adulthood but less of the burdens and responsibilities that come with it. Clearly this woman isn't very mature, and her complain about the type of wine is a "verbal cue" on that as well.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:54 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
please read my mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies