Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:48 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times

Advertisements

Rick Sanchez, the dude at CNN who not so subtly blamed Glen Beck and Hannity for the nut job in Pittsburgh, actually killed someone. In 1991, while still in local news in Miami, he was at a football game, got totally wasted and decided to get in his car to drive home. On the way home, he hit a speed bump. The problem is that speed bump happened to be an actual human being. What did Mr. Sanchez do? Instead of trying to see if he could help his victim, he speed away, fleeing the scene of the crime and went home and had a few more beers to "calm his nerves". When the cops finally caught up to him, his first comment was about how this would ruin his career. The person that he ran over was in and out of a coma, until they died.

So Sanchez, who openly accused Fox News and conservative talk radio for the Pittsburgh shootings, without any proof whatsoever, actually killed someone. Anyone see the liberal hypocrisy and irony?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 10:52 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,570,952 times
If this is true, and I have no idea if it is or not, either way it isn't liberal hypocrisy it is HUMAN hypocrisy. Happens all the time within all political parties, all religions, just all humans altogether!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:53 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
I don't know if you want to get into the hypocrisy of newscasters... because Limbaugh and O'Reilly aren't exactly saints themselves.

It is absolutely unacceptable on EITHER SIDE.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:57 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I don't know if you want to get into the hypocrisy of newscasters... because Limbaugh and O'Reilly aren't exactly saints themselves.

It is absolutely unacceptable on EITHER SIDE.
The dude MURDERED someone. Hello.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:01 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Look, I think Sanchez is a cheeseball, Ron Burgundy-esque "newsman", but he was convicted of a DUI. He struck a pedestrian, and the pedestrian died 5 years later. What DA WOULDN'T prosecute the guy for at LEAST manslaughter if there was a case?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:07 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
The dude MURDERED someone. Hello.
Did I not say that was 100% Unacceptable?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:15 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Look, I think Sanchez is a cheeseball, Ron Burgundy-esque "newsman", but he was convicted of a DUI. He struck a pedestrian, and the pedestrian died 5 years later. What DA WOULDN'T prosecute the guy for at LEAST manslaughter if there was a case?
Cant convict of him that while the person is still alive. With the person in a coma and no telling how long they would stay in that coma by the time the person actually died it could have been to late to charge him with manslaughter so they took what they could.

Only murder has no statue of limitations and since he was drunk he couldnt be convicted of murder

Old 04-10-2009, 11:20 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
I don't really care cause i don't watch cable news, but it's usually a good move to post a link if you're gonna post stuff like that.

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
I don't watch CNN so I had no idea Rick Sanchez was on TV still. I thought that loser found another job in another field. He was a totl joke down here on Channel 7 (was that back in the 80's?). In fact he turned the entire station into a joke.
Yes, I remember his DUI hit and run. He got away with it. He is bottom-feeding scum. Weird that he is a lib. I thought he was a Cuban and they are usually Republicans.

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Cant convict of him that while the person is still alive. With the person in a coma and no telling how long they would stay in that coma by the time the person actually died it could have been to late to charge him with manslaughter so they took what they could.

Only murder has no statue of limitations and since he was drunk he couldnt be convicted of murder
Sad story here:

There was an incident this past week in Charlotte where a 20yr old kid (had an 11yr old and 13yr old in the car with him) was racing a camaro (the driver was 40yrs old, with her two teen-20something daughters in the car) down a 4 lane road. They were going 80+ according to reports. The 20yr old wrecked into a car pulling out and killed a mother and her 2yr old daughter as well as the 13yr old (I think) in his car.

They charged him with 3 counts of 2nd degree murder.

The mother stopped, got out of the car and looked at her car and the car with the other "Racer"...looked around, got back in and left the scene. No charges yet, but Im sure they'll get something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies