Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree?
Yes 49 74.24%
No 15 22.73%
Not Sure 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 09:09 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,465 times

Advertisements

It's wasn't just Haiti though. Belize and Samoa were also removed for the same reason..high levels of abuse and fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 09:10 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
This sounds like Trump's ego got bruised so he will take it out on the 'low skilled Haitians'.

What does it matter if it is low skilled Haitians, or Phillipinos, or whatever...even low skilled Norwegians.

Spiteful politics -- yeah because that's the mature thing to do,

Our own President's business relies on importing low skilled workers........ugh.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:12 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Why is it wrong? Until every low-skilled US citizen is employed, no foreigners need apply.
THIS THIS THIS!

If Joe Dirt is unemployed we do not need to import more Joe Dirts.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:13 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post

Haitians were removed from a list of foreigners able to able for the visas. This has nothing to do with low-skilled US citizens. This is simply a move against Haitians.
Well... factoring all the Haitian refugees that we are trying to send back to Haiti, we don't need anymore Haitians in the US.

First, the issue with the refugees has to be addressed. Next, how to fix their broken country. The Haitian Americans I work with, send money back to family in Haiti, but there is no plan on how to fix their country. I think that they expect non-Haitians to fix their problems. Meanwhile, a 61 year old Haitian American co-worker (a Christian) seriously was telling the young woman at work that god's plan for them was to bear children. Haitians could really help themselves out by voluntarily deciding to have only on child per married couple.

And because of their past of colonizing of the island, France should be the main force behind helping Haiti today, not the US.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
THIS THIS THIS!

If Joe Dirt is unemployed we do not need to import more Joe Dirts.
Then why does the President allow MaraLago to import low skilled workers?

I don't know if there are Americans put out of work because of low skilled workers coming in.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:15 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
You're delusional if you think our country can thrive without foreign labor. Whether that be low-skilled or otherwise.
So you are suggesting that our country thrives with high immigration numbers like in the previous decade 2000-2010 when immigration numbers rose to their highest levels?

Old 01-18-2018, 09:16 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I didn't ask for your O-P-I-N-I-O-N because I place no value on it.

I asked WHY Trump imports workers because someone stated "we have too many people that need jobs who are citizens".
They didn't shut down the visa program. Plenty can still come here. DHS just removed the 3 countries that have high levels of fraud and abuse with people not going back home.

And help wanted ads were placed in the Palm Beach Post in July.
The additional foreign workers were requested in November..probably to fill up the remaining empty positions. The ads also offered housing to these people for $50/week.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:18 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:

Haitians were removed from a list of foreigners able to able for the visas. This has nothing to do with low-skilled US citizens. This is simply a move against Haitians.
This is what it's about. Thank you for pointing that out. If it is going to be shut down for Haitians, why not shut it down for everyone regardless of where said persons are from? If the issue is really about low-skill workers, the government would be fair and shut down low-skill visas for everyone, instead of singling Haitians out.

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I wonder what countries the 70 workers granted visas to work at Mar-A-Lago are from?

Trump wins visas to hire 70 foreign workers at Mar-a-Lago | TheHill
Probably not Norway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
They didn't shut down the visa program. Plenty can still come here. DHS just removed the 3 countries that have high levels of fraud and abuse with people not going back home.

And help wanted ads were placed in the Palm Beach Post in July.
The additional foreign workers were requested in November..probably to fill up the remaining empty positions. The ads also offered housing to these people for $50/week.
So there were not American workers for those jobs...so they needed to import them. Got it. That is what I thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies