Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 06:31 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>>I'm on agreement with you there. If global warming was real that beach front property should be selling for pennies on the dollar. But it isn't and it ain't.
Since global warming isn't real in all probability it will continue to stay expensive as sea levels stay where they are or even drop slightly.
This doesn't prove Global Warming isn't real. What is proves is the wild claims from those like Al Gore need to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 06:38 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>>I'm on agreement with you there. If global warming was real that beach front property should be selling for pennies on the dollar. But it isn't and it ain't.
Since global warming isn't real in all probability it will continue to stay expensive as sea levels stay where they are or even drop slightly.
Do you have any idea what flood insurance is for beach front homes and those in low lying areas, some homes in Florida and paying 5 figures. The point where taxpayers will subsidize people that live near the water are ending. Besides that is just here in the US, poor people in places in India and other countries that don't have the support of endless resources are feeling the effects. Climate change will set off another migration and create more chaos, but you can stick with your expensive home theory but its lacking in science.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:50 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's statements like this that cause problems. You don't get people to see your point of view by poking them in the eye and that is all this was.
To be fair, I don't think these are the people you try to reason with at this point. We just need the politicians to go over their heads and get done what needs to be done over their objection. We've wasted enough time already trying to get people on board with the truth. They just need to be run over roughshod on this issue. Get as many Republicans out as we can, that's all that matters now.

Online forum debating, when it comes to climate change, is an utter waste of time.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
To be fair, I don't think these are the people you try to reason with at this point.
O.K. fair point.

Quote:
We just need the politicians to go over their heads and get done what needs to be done over their objection. We've wasted enough time already trying to get people on board with the truth. They just need to be run over roughshod on this issue. Get as many Republicans out as we can, that's all that matters now.

Online forum debating, when it comes to climate change, is an utter waste of time.
There is no way to "run people over roughshod". I believe absolute honesty works best.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:59 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times
Quote:
O.K. fair point.

There is no way to "run people over roughshod". I believe absolute honesty works best.
In interpersonal relations I agree with you. In this particular political issue, i think it's simply a matter of getting in power the people we need to. Reaching across the aisle to people who are this level of obstinate, to me, is counterproductive, and almost grants legitimacy to their position.

My thoughts at least.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
In interpersonal relations I agree with you. In this particular political issue, i think it's simply a matter of getting in power the people we need to. Reaching across the aisle to people who are this level of obstinate, to me, is counterproductive, and almost grants legitimacy to their position.

My thoughts at least.
You are not going to get people elected that claim NYC will be under 10 feet of water in X number of years.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:03 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
You are not going to get people elected that claim NYC will be under 10 feet of water in X number of years.
Well in some states like Florida you government offices aren't even allowed to use the words climate change.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well in some states like Florida you government offices aren't even allowed to use the words climate change.
I'm more than happy to advocate what I want without using that language. We made some decent strides from 1970 on without using it. People like Al Gore has sullied that idea.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:07 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"lease advise us when this supposedly happened? You know, that actual time frame."

Don't know, don't CARE when the actual date was.

We ALL know they did.

When libs get tired of being showed up, they change the names to try to convince other that are "credible", they change their words to try to attract people who are ignorant, just like they used to call themselves 'liberals" NOW they use the word "progressive".

"You can put lipstick on a pig, and it is STILL a pig"

"Some people can be fooled ALL OF TE TOME"!
I see. You have heard a through away meme, and rotely repeat it. But yet you pretend that it is something that is factual.

Got it.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:02 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Again, anyone who doubts AGW should be buying up as much real estate in New Orleans and Miami Beach as they can afford. When global temperatures and sea levels start dropping again as part of the natural cycle, you’ll be able to cash in on your investment since property values in those areas will soar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies