Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 01:07 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
No kidding. It's not like he's a shy, retiring philanthropist who donates money anonymously because he hates to be the center of attention...

These two spotlight-lovers found each other with little trouble.
After I wrote this, I got this in my in-box - Stormy Daniels is crushing President Trump at his own game

Sums it up.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:18 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I normally wouldn't say this but considering the sleazebag that Trump is...I'm gonna say it now.

So what if she is going after more money? I'd call it poetic justice for a man of Donald J. Trump's ilk.
Isn't asking for hush money the same as extortion?

Old 03-16-2018, 01:35 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
After I wrote this, I got this in my in-box - Stormy Daniels is crushing President Trump at his own game

Sums it up.
It does indeed.

Daniels is every bit as shameless as Trump, and she's got him coming and going.

Great article.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:38 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Folks have pounced on your post for the wrong reasons.

You have Person A and Person B one of whom has a known track record for profiting from publicity and the other who might well profit.

Person A sells the name, with multiple allegations of fraud. Person B sells the body, always delivering to the best of my knowledge.

Person A is a known liar. Person B's veracity track record is less well known but to my knowledge nothing Person B has said has been disproved.

So if you had to "take their word" which Person would you go for and why?
That is certainly a skewed way of looking at it. Who is to say Trump is a known liar?
Many of the things his critics on the left and in the media have said he lied about have turned out to be true or at worst exaggerated.
For example, when he said Muslims were celebrating in NY or NJ when the towers fell. They jumped on him saying it was all a lie, but it was proved to be true based on news footage and reporting. Now Trump certainly may have exaggerated the number, and it could have been intentional for effect, or just being mistaken.
Either way, the average American would not consider that an outright lie, and understood his bigger point, that some Muslims in this country have their allegiance to their own culture/religion and supported the terrorists attacking us.

I certainly do not purport to claim everything Trump utters is completely honest, nor that he has not been dishonest.
However the media and those with TDS do no one any favors (especially themselves) when they claim he is lying in situations like the aforementioned, knowing full well his statement had validity and was not an outright lie.

As to the question, I already game my answer. As to why, I'd say that on average hookers lack integrity/dignity, and if they are willing to sell their bodies, they are willing to do just about anything for money.
Now before someone comes in with your typical joke about all politicians being hookers as well, I think many of them get into politics for the right reasons, even if their methods will not work. While many become corrupt in an effort to gain party favor and get re-elected, most are not just there to fatten their wallets.
Thus I'd trust more politicians over hookers, though a hooker will at least give you sexual pleasure when either one of them ********* over.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:43 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Just remember - in the future, when any Democrat does any of the billion things Trump has done - we will say "Trump..." in response. For anything. Count on it.
I hope that the response would be "Yup it was wrong when Trump did it and it is still wrong.".

Old 03-16-2018, 01:44 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Obama irrelevant, lets stay on topic.
It is valid when pointing out how liberals with TDS are hypocrites by only being upset when their ideological opponents do something, but give their team a pass.
If someone here shows consistency, then I can respect their position as I know it is not motivate solely based on partisanship.
For example, I criticized Bush for creating unfunded mandates. Thus when I criticized Obama for the same thing, I was consistent and not subject to charges of hypocrisy.

`

Old 03-16-2018, 01:45 PM

10,773 posts, read 4,351,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
If there is evidence of Cohen physically threatening her to shut her up about her affair with Trump, that's a whole new level.

First of all it's criminal, second of all - we have a so called president who threatened to harm another human being because he was scared of her speaking out.

That's different than name calling people he doesn't like because he's a snowflake. That's criminal.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...threats-467067
Trump is untouchable.
Trump and Kim have a meeting, not Pence and Kim.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:49 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
CD should make a trash can icon for threads like this.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:51 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It does indeed.

Daniels is every bit as shameless as Trump, and she's got him coming and going.

Great article.

It is, and everyone should read it. I read many of her tweets... she owns her detractors. I'd love to see Trump try and take her on in a tweet war; he'd lose.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:56 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
I just read the article, and her team of lawyers has handled this brilliantly. He's in a "damned if you, damned if you don't" situation.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies