Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you boycotting the Super Bowl?
Yes 48 19.83%
No, but if they kneel, I'm tuning out faster than a Chicago career politician running from the truth 19 7.85%
No 121 50.00%
I don't watch football anyway so this doesn't apply to me 54 22.31%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 04:28 PM

272 posts, read 184,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
The players did not take a knee. Which surprised me, perhaps these 2 teams weren't much kneelers to begin with? But still I was surprised because if you were pro kneeling and anti Trump, this would have been the time to do it.

Any theories or ideas why there was no kneeling? If I recall, even the halftime show wasn't political. I imagine even the commercials were fairly non political, just because I did not hear about it.
There is talk about 2 or 3 commercials due them being more political. Think a MLK one, Feminist and BLM one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 04:33 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muevelos View Post
There is talk about 2 or 3 commercials due them being more political. Think a MLK one, Feminist and BLM one.
The MLK one I saw, maybe there was more than one, wasn't too political in my point of view. It was just weird, did not make sense, I suppose most superbowl commercials don't make sense lol. Also fyi, the owners of the MLK jr name/dynasty/etc sold the rights to allow the car company to use the speech.

There was one commercial about babies of all colors laying in bed together, I think hold hands or something. It was a cell phone commercial if I recall. Another weird one.

Yeah I guess the commercials did have a progressive/liberal agenda. But not too extreme in my point of view. Just weird and honestly I don't know if the cost/reward ratio will be worth it. But hey, I ain't in marketing so what do I know. It must work, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Old 02-05-2018, 04:35 PM

272 posts, read 184,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
The MLK one I saw, maybe there was more than one, wasn't too political in my point of view. It was just weird, did not make sense, I suppose most superbowl commercials don't make sense lol. Also fyi, the owners of the MLK jr name/dynasty/etc sold the rights to allow the car company to use the speech.

There was one commercial about babies of all colors laying in bed together, I think hold hands or something. It was a cell phone commercial if I recall. Another weird one.

Yeah I guess the commercials did have a progressive/liberal agenda. But not too extreme in my point of view. Just weird and honestly I don't know if the cost/reward ratio will be worth it. But hey, I ain't in marketing so what do I know. It must work, otherwise they wouldn't do it.
I enjoyed the MLK one actually, the Baby one, was a T-Mobile commercial. The issue is 0% if the commercial had to do with T-Mobile.

Old 02-05-2018, 04:40 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Funny how many people are willing to take away from others their freedom of expression.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:07 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
It was A fantastic game worth watching. Those who didn't watch, I can say you missed out.
It was, and I read he hosted a Super Bowl watch party at his private golf club in West Palm Beach Florida. He was the biggest mouthpiece of the NFL players protest , but yet he watched the game while some of his supporters boycotted it, go figure. I believe he is big fan of Tom Brady and the Patriots owner. Great Great game, one of the best ever.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:17 PM

1,362 posts, read 874,612 times
Malcolm Butler boycotted it.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:20 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
It bears repeating. Trump is not boycotting even through he told all of his cult to boycott.
How silly.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:49 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
Malcolm Butler boycotted it.
Not by choice though.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
I'm sure this commercial got some people's hackles up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwF3ipuNyfc

Old 02-05-2018, 06:21 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly.
Not silly at all. Did he in fact host a SB party? Did he in fact call for people to boycott the NFL? Now THAT is silly.

Trump never cared about the kneeling. He is still frosted at the NFL owners not wanting him as a member. Now that is silly or perhaps pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies