Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 05:48 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

PA Officials Claim Palestinian Borders Include All of Israel

This claim is not new. There is no reason to believe that the Palestinians are open to any negotiated solution within any borders. The Palestinians' position is that Europe instigated the Holocaust and the refugee Jews are Europe's problem.

The Arabs seem upset with anything that recognizes Israel as a permanent fact of life. For example, President Johnson announced, on February 7, 1964 a commitment to fund Israel's development of desalination. In an article by Seth Siegel, the author of Let There be Water, entitled Desalination: Science, engineering and alchemy (link) Mr. Siegel described his speech at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel on February 6, 1964:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Siegel article excerpt
When Johnson stepped to the podium at the Waldorf- Astoria Hotel ballroom to greet the seventeen hundred dinner guests and Weizmann Institute donors in February 1964, few likely expected Johnson to set in motion a project that on the one hand would spark an immediate firestorm in the Arab world, but on the other would promise a significant boost to Israel’s own desalination efforts....” From Damascus to Beirut to Cairo, Johnson’s speech was met with fury. One Lebanese newspaper columnist addressed the Texas- born, Disciples of Christ church- president as “Johnson the Jew” and said that the speech went “beyond recognition of the birth of Israel to recognition of Israel’s future.”
Another thing that appears have gotten at least some people mad is Trump moving to recognize Jerusalem as capital of Israel. The argument is that Jerusalem is open to surrender to the Arab world as a bargaining chip. As we see above, though, the problem isn't Jerusalem; it's Israel

Anything that normalizes Israel's permanence, it their mind, is problematic. The fact is, there are giant migrations of people in the world. The migration of Jews to Israel is not the first and won't be the last.

Israel is permanent. Deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 06:14 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Borders change throughout history. That’s the way it goes. The Palestinians can live with it or die fighting Israel.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:16 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
If only , for them , people gave a crap about what radical Palestinians thought.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:46 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
I read an article today from an "official" of Fatah - he is complaining because the Arab Nations (Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE and others) are searching for "new Palestinian Leadership".
They have searched to try and find anyone from anywhere that will take over the "negotiator roll" that the USA has assumed for Decades - nobody will agree to do that .... except John Kerry.

Point being - the Arab Nations are tired of the Palestinian Authority inaction and the Status Quo.
His answer is to dissolve the PA and go back to the PLO - the PA is refusing to even talk to the USA.

That's fine with me -- I've long thought that this is an ARAB problem and THEY need to deal with it.
Looks like the Trump Administration is thinking the way I'm thinking.

I have no idea of any of the things that are going on out there will help the situation -- I DO KNOW that the Status Quo for decades has not worked - time for new thinking and new ideas.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Point being - the Arab Nations are tired of the Palestinian Authority inaction and the Status Quo.
Follow the money. The money pours in, goes through the leaders' coffers and is not used to benefit the people. Where do you think it is? And to whose benefit?

Old 01-27-2018, 09:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
As Americans, who are we to tell them they’re wrong? It ain’t our country and we have no skin in the game one way or the other.

This is between the Israelis and Palestinians. They both want it all and it’s nothing to us as Americans who ends up with what.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As Americans, who are we to tell them they’re wrong? It ain’t our country and we have no skin in the game one way or the other.

This is between the Israelis and Palestinians. They both want it all and it’s nothing to us as Americans who ends up with what.
I'm sure you didn't feel that way about Protective Edge and Cast Lead.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I'm sure you didn't feel that way about Protective Edge and Cast Lead.
Actually, that’s EXACTLY how I feel about that TOO.

I don’t care what they do to each other over there. Murders, assassinations, bombings, etc...I just don’t want American involvement in any of it, nor do I want this country taking sides in their conflict. It’s none of our business, and it’s not in our hemisphere.

The conflict has Arab, Jewish, Turkish, British and French roots...and if I had my way, they would still be eating this soup sandwich. We should’ve never been involved in it. It’s been nothing but trouble for us over the last 50 years and it definitely hasn’t been worth it for what we’ve gained: NOTHING!

Old 01-27-2018, 10:14 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
^This is how I feel, as well. What other group of Americans is so tied to a foreign land with expectations of full support of the USA? None. Enough already. Let them handle it. Americans so invested can move there and take up the cause.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:29 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Why do you bother with these threads? The Palestinians are not wanted by any Arab Middle Eastern country. Not one of them will grant them or a generational one citizenship. The funny thing is that the US allows them to immigrate to the US and become citizens and not carry refugee status. It doesn't matter what citizens of the US want as it all ended when Carter penned the Egypt-Israel Treaty with the US AND the Palestinians in it. If Carter would have penned that the Gaza Strip go back to Egypt with the Sinai it would not be Israels' problem today. Then we have the West Bank, where Clinton penned a similar issue with Jordan. These were your POTUS' as they, like you, are both Leftist Democrats. As long as these Treaties exist then the US is tied to the issue and thus have skin in the game no matter what you repetitively state otherwise in thread after thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies