Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 12:54 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,114,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
He was "cleared" because the ethics committee didn't have clearance to look at the underlying documentation.

Report: Ethics investigation into Nunes ended because panel couldn't gain access to classified info

Dems arent in "panic". Dems are looking at people acting poorly and I would describe them as disgusted and angry. Theres no panic.
Your link is an opinion piece, not fact.

Nenes never recused himself, the dems need to stop pushing that lie, it only makes them look even more desperate.

Lying about Nunes isn't going to stop the release of the memo.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:55 PM

37,157 posts, read 19,268,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Nenes never recused himself, the dems need to stop pushing that lie, it only makes them look even more desperate.

Releasing the memo is not going to stop Mueller's investigation.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:57 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,411,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

I suspect the FBI Trump appointed leadership saying that the nunes memo paints a false narrative pretty much makes the memo so much toilet paper.

And its a opinion piece based on reality. Maybe you should consider that?

Nunes is a Trump puppet doing what Trump wants.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:59 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,072,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
man, do you ever get any information from middle of the road media or do you always depend on the left side to inform you of what is going on in your little world?
What is the middle of the road media? I'd like some alternatives.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:59 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,802,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It is on tape. Nunes refused to answer.
Refusing to answer is not saying yes or no. It is not admitting anything. Most likely he didn't want to dignify the question with a response. I wouldn't. The question was really an accusation. "Did you stop beating your wife?" No one with a even a shred of self-respect would answer it.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:03 PM

37,157 posts, read 19,268,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Refusing to answer is not saying yes or no. It is not admitting anything. Most likely he didn't want to dignify the question with a response. I wouldn't. The question was really an accusation. "Did you stop beating your wife?" No one with a even a shred of self-respect would answer it.
In other words, "yes".

Old 01-31-2018, 01:04 PM

27,704 posts, read 16,194,432 times
The Dems are clean and have nothing to worry about. What would they be worried about. Nope, not worried at all.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:04 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,924,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
I don't know - it doesn't seem like a high bar to answer the question of whether he worked with the WH to draft this memo.

Of course, him not answering isn't, in itself, confirmation of anything. But it is strange behavior, I would argue.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:09 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,480,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
People keep asking Devin Nunes, "Did you work with the White House on "The Memo" you wrote?" His answer: silence. He won't deny it. Which means he probably did work with Trump's lawyers to craft a memo to trash the FBI and to protect Trump.

Nunes is actively obstructing justice to protect Trump. He is totally abusing his position as head of the House intelligence committee.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-...-anti-fbi-memo
Considering that back in March of last year Devin Nunes pulled that stunt sharing information with the white house the man is soiled goods. A real shill for Trump. Bad seed.

Article from April of last year, lest we forget:

Devin Nunes: A Running Timeline of His Surveillance Claims and White House Ties

Old 01-31-2018, 01:10 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,114,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I suspect the FBI Trump appointed leadership saying that the nunes memo paints a false narrative pretty much makes the memo so much toilet paper.

And its a opinion piece based on reality. Maybe you should consider that?

Nunes is a Trump puppet doing what Trump wants.
Can you, or anyone provide a source directly from the FBI to this statement?

Every article that mentions this statement, never provides the source of the statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.