Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 06:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I would say yes. Their records would also be expunged. Cook County jail is no fun place. I served Jury Duty there and the tried calling me back after I moved to Texas.... they simply do not have the room to lock up people for pot possession... there way worst hombres in there that need to be off the streets.

Theres some bad guys in there. However the jail is practically filled with violent felons, a lot of gang members (illegal and legal) and multiple offenders. They typically let pot possession criminals out quick.

Orland Park writes tickets/fines for possession under a certain amount with no misdeamor record.
All I know is the courts are letting real criminals off with light sentences because of what you stated above - there's no room to put them anywhere, so I can imagine they're not going to stick it someone whose only crime was possessing pot. Chicago has been notorious for locking up young black males for that, though.

They need to do something about the criminals in Chicago - on the street, in political office and on the police force. Corrupt all the way around and the machine isn't going anywhere until Mike Madigan is gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 06:28 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
nope. I slept good last night . I also sleep a lot better now that Trump is president. Obama gave me nightmares for 8 years... I believe Obama contributed to the few gray hairs I have on my head.

So you've earned your "snowflake" award then?

Old 01-31-2018, 06:30 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
He must really hate the fact that African American and Hispanic unemployment levels are at an all time low.

And so are their wages.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:31 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
All I know is the courts are letting real criminals off with light sentences because of what you stated above - there's no room to put them anywhere, so I can imagine they're not going to stick it someone whose only crime was possessing pot. Chicago has been notorious for locking up young black males for that, though.

They need to do something about the criminals in Chicago - on the street, in political office and on the police force. Corrupt all the way around and the machine isn't going anywhere until Mike Madigan is gone.
Ever go to California or Ashland on the southside? When I was working as a delivery driver . I had to go over there . It was about 11 am . There were mobs of people standing on the corner in white t-shirts doing nothing. All gang bangers. I finished the delivery and looked behind the truck and seen a vigil where someone was shot dead.

Madigan and his minions have a grip on that city and he has to go....until then , it will continue to sink. Emanuel is another pos that needs to go, along with this other traitor (gutierrez) that walked out during the sotu....

Old 01-31-2018, 06:40 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And so are their wages.
So when were they higher, Back in the Clinton or Obama days?

At least now they can feed their kids without Dem Welfare.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:41 PM

Logical relevancy is certainly lacking with some.

You got a Russian minion with known connections to corrupt Russian oligarchs occupying the big chair who makes multiple attempts to sabotage an investigation, refuses to enact sanctions against Russia that were Congressionally approved and duly signed into law but; he gets a pass while you want a guy classed as a traitor who merely walks out during a lull in the SOTU proceedings.

Are you folks deliberately trying to look......well.....you know?

Old 01-31-2018, 06:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Ever go to California or Ashland on the southside? When I was working as a delivery driver . I had to go over there . It was about 11 am . There were mobs of people standing on the corner in white t-shirts doing nothing. All gang bangers. I finished the delivery and looked behind the truck and seen a vigil where someone was shot dead.

Madigan and his minions have a grip on that city and he has to go....until then , it will continue to sink. Emanuel is another pos that needs to go, along with this other traitor (gutierrez) that walked out during the sotu....
No, I travel between downtown to Lake County and other suburban areas outside of Lake and that's about it. No cause to go anywhere else in the city.

That's a day in the life though. And I think the government keeps certain neighborhoods well armed and filled with drugs. (tinfoil hat time)

They're all bad news. Anyone in power should be voted out but the people are ignorant when it comes to voting.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:44 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Logical relevancy is certainly lacking with some.

You got a Russian minion with known connections to corrupt Russian oligarchs occupying the big chair who makes multiple attempts to sabotage an investigation, refuses to enact sanctions against Russia that were Congressionally approved and duly signed into law but; he gets a pass while you want a guy classed as a traitor who merely walks out during a lull in the SOTU proceedings.

Are you folks deliberately trying to look......well.....you know?
Here we go again.... is that you Jake Tapper??? Its okay Jake! You're not on air. You do not have to read your producer's propaganda teleprompter anymore

Old 01-31-2018, 06:50 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
People should be more ashamed that our political discourse has degenerated into chanting, like at a sports game.

Come, on righties - if you can't see the problem with confusing jingoism with patriotism, you're missing the big picture. It's a free nation - we don't have to chant when Dear Leader tells us to. And THAT freedom is what makes American great. Not idiots like Trump or jingoist cultists who think he's a patriot instead of a con artist.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Here we go again.... is that you Jake Tapper??? Its okay Jake! You're not on air. You do not have to read your producer's propaganda teleprompter anymore
Typical rejoinder when you've got a tough question to answer. It's okay Sarah, you'll still be a Huckleberry in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies