Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2018, 12:54 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
and that is what bugs me the most about the whole thing. The thought that government officials (the FBI which should be held to the highest scrutiny) failed to inform the court fully and got a warrant offends me and if I were the judge that granted the warrant I would be hauling folks into my court right now.

I worked for the government 34 years and all I knew were very careful to do our jobs and follow the rules and it is inconceivable that anyone I knew would do such a thing as these people did. It is disheartening to me that rules for all do not apply to some.
BS...the Nunes Nothing Burger lists only what he wanted to list. The memo DOES NOT SAY that the dossier was the only info given to the Court. This post is a good representation of how misleading the Nunes memo is, and why good people at the FBI and DOJ did not want it released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 01:08 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
It doesn't matter that other evidence was presented.

It is a felony to make any knowingly or recklessly misleading statements (including omission of material facts) in an affidavit.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:11 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tams3757 View Post
This whole thing did not start with Mueller.

The FBI got the dossier in summer 2016 and started investigating.

Mueller is but one of 3 investigations going on and Mueller's was the last one to start.

In the case of Watergate the investigation started after the crime was committed and the burglars caught with connections to Nixon.
So far there has been no crime committed. Mueller is an investigation looking for a crime.

And NONE of those charges have anything to do with the election.
At a minimum we know that computers were hacked and data stolen. That is a crime.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If all this is not a scandal — then the following protocols are now considered permissible in American electoral practice and constitutional jurisprudence: An incumbent administration can freely use the FBI and the DOJ to favor one side in a presidential election, by buying its opposition research against the other candidate, using its own prestige to authenticate such a third-party oppositional dossier, and then using it to obtain court-ordered wiretaps on American citizens employed by a candidate’s campaign — and do so by deliberately misleading the court about the origins and authors of the dossier that was used to obtain the warrants.

Nunes's Memo, FBI & DOJ Corruption -- Ticking Memo | National Review
Carter Page was being investigated prior to the last Presidential election. Should the investigation of Page have halted just because he started working for the Trump campaign?

Old 02-03-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
No. Flynn was allowed to speak to anyone as Trumps NSA once the election was over. All Presidents NA start talking to other countries to prepare things for when the President takes office. You cannot just hop into office on January 21 and expect no one to be prepared.

Comey lied to congress and no says a word. Comey actually broke a law by committing perjury. Should be blame Obama for him lying. Why yes because Comey knew of the fake document from a Russian spy used to spy on Trump that was ordered by Obama.

He lied about another issue that had nothing to do with Trump or the campaign period.
Has there been any evidence that anyone was spying on Trump? Must have missed that.

Flynn crossed the line when he started negotiated with the Russians prior to Trump assuming office. All he had to do was wait 4 weeks. He got in trouble when he lied about it to the FBI and apparently others in the Trump administration which is why the Trump administration fired him.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
and that is what bugs me the most about the whole thing. The thought that government officials (the FBI which should be held to the highest scrutiny) failed to inform the court fully and got a warrant offends me and if I were the judge that granted the warrant I would be hauling folks into my court right now.

I worked for the government 34 years and all I knew were very careful to do our jobs and follow the rules and it is inconceivable that anyone I knew would do such a thing as these people did. It is disheartening to me that rules for all do not apply to some.
You don't know that the FBI failed to inform the court.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tams3757 View Post
Really ? That dossier claims that Page met with Russian Ogliarchs to discuss Russian interference with our elections. No names of course were given and Steele refused to give Congress names.

Are you telling me that was proven true ?
The FBI knew about Page and his connections with Russia prior to the creation of the Steele dossier.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:36 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Let me get this straight...you think the FISA court was told that the Steele dossier was put together by Russians (we know it was) and paid for by the DNC and Hillary campaigns (we also know that to be true) and the FISA court approved warrants to spy on a political campaign in the middle of an election four times?
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I don't know, and neither do you. We only have the "he said" half of the story, still waiting for the "she said". The GOP is openly being very dishonest and biased by only allowing their half of the story to come out.

The FISA court either approved the warrant knowing the Steele dossier was of Russian origin and paid for by the DNC and Hillary or they didn't.

If they didn't know, why didn't they know?

Old 02-03-2018, 03:48 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Don, you seem pretty invested in protecting the Democrats. I hope you're being paid by the post.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:51 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekistanirefugee View Post
So? Nobody should have the right to wiretap and spy on a political campaign for president.
Only a true simpleton would ever think that a presidential candidate was wiretapped for any legitimate purpose during the campaign. And assuming someone did, by chance, have a legitimate reason, they darn well would have made sure they had all their ducks in a row. Instead we have "this" -- obviously because they thought they would never be caught and they would get Clinton in as president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies