Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 04:56 PM

30,198 posts, read 11,845,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
The interest rates were artificially low. It was only a matter of time. As the Fed, which I suspect is part of the Deep State, raised rates, it made the economy go south, which was intended to make Trump look bad.

Either that, or my other theory is that the bogus market was working with the artificially low wages but once Trump helped them start to rise, the bubble burst.

Either way, I think the Dow incident was rigged.
The fed did not ease rates this last meeting. They have been signaling for the past two or more years that rates will have to go higher. And have been slowing raising rates. If you think that makes it some sort of deep state conspiracy have at it.

And Trump during the campaign wanted rates higher.

If we hold 24K we will likely get a bounce back close to 25K. The bull market was way overheated and needed a substantial correction. If you look at a long term chart we are still in a bull market.

Whether this is a correction or something much worse time will tell. I think its just a correction. The insider money sold near the top. Now they can ride it back up again at first of the year prices.

If you want a conspiracy look at the inside players in the stock market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 04:57 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I already criticized Trump for his words of pumping himself up when he had been saying it was overvalued.

Is there anything else besides words that you would blame Trump for? In terms of actions? His actions was to appoint someone to the Fed who opposed the QE trickle down economics that resembled all of the picks of Obama.
Failure to act? Picking truly bad choices for economics advisor? Because his advisor has cheered on the weak dollar one day, then talked about the value of a strong dollar the next. Injecting uncertainty into the healthcare market. Thats off the top of my head mind you.

Quote:
Other than that, what can Trump do to clean up the trickle down QE from Obama's tenure?
See first you assume that the "trickle down QE" is the source of the problem. Mind you, im not saying it isnt. But lets go with that assumption, that the "trickle down QE" is the problem. (which btw is a utter nonsense of a name, its only trying to hop on the idiocy of trickle down economics rather then rationally discuss it).

But lets assume that. And that its obvious to see. I'd argue that letting it go on for another year indicates that either they are incompetent, or that its not something that obvious.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:01 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,636,432 times
Quote:
The interest rates were artificially low. It was only a matter of time. As the Fed, which I suspect is part of the Deep State, raised rates, it made the economy go south, which was intended to make Trump look bad.

Either that, or my other theory is that the bogus market was working with the artificially low wages but once Trump helped them start to rise, the bubble burst.

I'm sure FAUX NOOZE will make sense of your conspiracy theory soon enough.........

stay tuned !

Old 02-05-2018, 05:01 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,837,946 times
Quote:

Trump crossed the Deep State and the Deep State is reminding him who runs Bartertown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgq4w4dqKsU

Old 02-05-2018, 05:03 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,057,902 times
Quote:

Of course you do.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:18 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,561,965 times
I agree that the dow was a ticking time bomb but I don't think it can't be fixed and I don't think they did it on purpose.

I think that there was going to be a ripple when the interest rates went up. Businesses and the gov't have been relying on them to be low.

But that was unsustainable and it was killing those with money. It might hurt for a small period but we have to do it.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:26 PM

26,550 posts, read 15,122,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Failure to act? Picking truly bad choices for economics advisor? Because his advisor has cheered on the weak dollar one day, then talked about the value of a strong dollar the next. Injecting uncertainty into the healthcare market. Thats off the top of my head mind you.

See first you assume that the "trickle down QE" is the source of the problem. Mind you, im not saying it isnt. But lets go with that assumption, that the "trickle down QE" is the problem. (which btw is a utter nonsense of a name, its only trying to hop on the idiocy of trickle down economics rather then rationally discuss it).

But lets assume that. And that its obvious to see. I'd argue that letting it go on for another year indicates that either they are incompetent, or that its not something that obvious.
You are incoherent, because you are pushing a partisan narrative.

#1 Explain how Trump changed the value of the dollar and then how that caused an overvalued stock market.

#2 Explain how Trump injecting uncertainty in an already uncertain healthcare created an overvalued stock market.

#3 Trump has not picked QE Trickle Down pushers like Obama did. Other than that, what specific actions would you have Trump take up to have addressed the inflated stock market that he inherited - please don't go off on tangents again to divert.

#4 True or False, QE is a variation of Trickle Down economics, and all of Obama's Fed picks were for QE?

How Quantitative Easing Helps the Rich and Soaks the Rest of Us - Reason.com

QE3 is 'trickle-down' economics for today: Pimco's Gross - The Tell - MarketWatch

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...87R03M20120828

#5 True or False, QE trickle down economics helped inflate the stock market?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-f...194426366.html

Global quantitative easing has driven the stock market to new highs - Business Insider

#6 True or False, based on historic P/E and Shiller P/E ratios, the stock market was over valued on Obama's last day in office?

Shiller PE Ratio

Old 02-05-2018, 07:31 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,732,142 times
Quote:

Last week the stock market was based on Trump's genius and this week it's based on the Deep State. It's kinda hard to keep up.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:35 PM

68,343 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Was the DOW a ticking time bomb left by the Deep State?

No! Trump is the ticking time bomb left by a band of roving evil fairies!

Old 02-06-2018, 06:26 AM

11,228 posts, read 8,317,439 times
Quote:

If everything you like is automatically a conspiracy, how do you question anything? You've already "rigged" the universe to tell you exactly what you want it to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies