Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2018, 07:39 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
We didn't have to wait long for the politics to spoil the Team USA victories. Rippon had to open his mouth and 'rip' the Trump Administration as being "homophobic," and for that reason he has said he will skip the White House reception in protest.

Dishonoring his country and our President in that way at a world event like the Olympics should be cause to have his medal revoked. He doesn't deserve it.

So disgusted!

Still wondering on what basis he calls the Administration, "homophobic?"
Pence for one thing.He's pretty homophobic.

Mike Pence: What He's Said on LGBT Issues Over the Years | Time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 07:44 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
We didn't have to wait long for the politics to spoil the Team USA victories. Rippon had to open his mouth and 'rip' the Trump Administration as being "homophobic," and for that reason he has said he will skip the White House reception in protest.

Dishonoring his country and our President in that way at a world event like the Olympics should be cause to have his medal revoked. He doesn't deserve it.

So disgusted!

Whatever.

Adam Rippon is from our area and has a TON of support from us Americans.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:52 AM

41,976 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Freedom of speech, baby. It's the first part of the Bill of Rights.

Funny how some folks like to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution they'll honor, and which they won't. The Constitution is not a Chinese menu.

Quote:
Seriously?

Old 02-12-2018, 07:54 AM

20,463 posts, read 12,392,439 times
I kept trying to watch last night but every time I turned it on, it was stupid mind numbing ice skating.

talk about mind numbing idiocy

aint gonna do that. not gonna happen

Old 02-12-2018, 07:55 AM

20,463 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Pence for one thing.He's pretty homophobic.

Mike Pence: What He's Said on LGBT Issues Over the Years | Time
well that right there is so vastly important.

I mean we cannot possibly have anyone saying anything that some minor set of people might be offended by,.

nope. we gotta keep it all PC.

yea us we suck

Old 02-12-2018, 08:00 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well that right there is so vastly important.

I mean we cannot possibly have anyone saying anything that some minor set of people might be offended by,.

nope. we gotta keep it all PC.

yea us we suck
Pence can say what he wants about LGBTQ folks. And we can say what we want about what Pence says.

I like the first amendment, I think it's a GREAT thing. Not sucky at all. I'm sorry you are having such trouble with it.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:01 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
I hope it sends you into a lib induced deep sleep.

How the hell does someone trigger you? Turn the channel, mute the TV or just, you know.. stop being a snowflake and suck it up buttercup

Old 02-12-2018, 08:49 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,060,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Athletes compete for their country, not for the current president of the country, even when you have an egomaniac in the WH who thinks everything is about him like we have right now. So yeah, I would have no problem with that.
Right, of course you wouldn't.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:57 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,060,431 times
Quote:

So disgusted!

Rippon thinks he was 'ripped-off' by the judges and instead of focusing on that, he chose to take his exasperation out on President Trump's administration. Typical - especially since the "liberal-biased" media is adding fuel to the fire as usual.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:02 AM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
What is being “triggered?”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies