Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2018, 12:20 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

Some of these memes are sorta funny.

For those who don't get it, it's the Russians laughing at themselves for their lack of caring about advancing their tech and civilization.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...-spacex-launch

The first tweet "Your Rocket - Your son's friends rocket" is pretty accurate in terms of how Russia spends its money. Our government actually still buys rocket engines from Russia, but they are 1960's design!

Space-X (Musk) can now launch twice the weight as his closest US Competitor - for 1/3 or less of the price. That is quite revolutionary.

Anyway, have a chuckles at the Ruskies - who at least have a sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 12:58 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Who says Russians don't care about advancing their civilization? You're as welcome to your opinion as you are to wallow in your ignorance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVYWMuIX4lE

Enjoy.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:59 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,149 times
The title is misleading big time.

I don't like infowars, but they do call BS where due every once in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECiKb46InkQ

Old 02-10-2018, 01:08 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Some of these memes are sorta funny.

For those who don't get it, it's the Russians laughing at themselves for their lack of caring about advancing their tech and civilization.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...-spacex-launch

The first tweet "Your Rocket - Your son's friends rocket" is pretty accurate in terms of how Russia spends its money. Our government actually still buys rocket engines from Russia, but they are 1960's design!

Space-X (Musk) can now launch twice the weight as his closest US Competitor - for 1/3 or less of the price. That is quite revolutionary.

Anyway, have a chuckles at the Ruskies - who at least have a sense of humor.
It will be revolutionary when every other launch doesn't fail miserably.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
As a Russian bot I must say our technology is very primitive.

To get me fired up in the morning you have to blow inside my cartridge like the old Nintendo.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Who says Russians don't care about advancing their civilization? You're as welcome to your opinion as you are to wallow in your ignorance.

Enjoy.
I have noticed that Russians (women) seem to sell themselves in bulk to the most popular sites on the interweb.....I guess that's one of the top ways to make a living when your country doesn't care about you any longer (not to excuse American women - maybe the Russians just work cheaper).

Strange because Russia was actually ahead of the West in terms of educating women, having them in the military, etc......during the commie years. I guess now it's pretty much "anything goes" and hopefully you know a billionaire through some family connections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies