Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 09:34 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times

Advertisements

One of your Senators is a moron

Those Outraged by the Term 'Anglo-American' Are Only Betraying Their Own Ignorance | National Review
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 10:02 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/s...69929838153728

... which illustrates just how far to the left and down into the postcolonial swamp prominent liberals have moved in just the past decade. Will former president Obama speak up and correct the senator from his former home state?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-13-2018 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: still trolling

Old 02-13-2018, 11:59 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,228,419 times
Leftists are stupid and ignorant of history (they are not American, and know very little about this country and its founding, or its principles)...what else can you say?

Old 02-14-2018, 12:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
They are called, easy prey around here.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:37 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,654,796 times
Default People are looking for a reason to be offended.

Don't the other forefathers of (English) American law get a shout out? Just the Angles? Not the Normans, the Saxons, The Britons?

I like to be offended by very obscure things. My outrage is sudden and not understood.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:59 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Leftists are stupid and ignorant of history (they are not American, and know very little about this country and its founding, or its principles)...what else can you say?
It's comments such as this that keep me returning to the CD politics forum night after night. So now you have to be a fan of Fox in order to be considered "American"? Well, so be it. I'm fed up with the republican's new requirement that we all have to make a loyalty oath to Putin or else. I pick "or else." I also pick the USA over Russia. If that makes me "not American," then so be it.

(more proof that too much Fox destroys brain cells)

Old 02-14-2018, 01:07 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
Don't the other forefathers of (English) American law get a shout out? Just the Angles? Not the Normans, the Saxons, The Britons?

I like to be offended by very obscure things. My outrage is sudden and not understood.
It's not so trivial what this senator's trying to promote. It's part of a pattern of trying to diminish and blot out America's heritage.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:46 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
It's comments such as this that keep me returning to the CD politics forum night after night. So now you have to be a fan of Fox in order to be considered "American"? Well, so be it. I'm fed up with the republican's new requirement that we all have to make a loyalty oath to Putin or else. I pick "or else." I also pick the USA over Russia. If that makes me "not American," then so be it.

You’re rambling, Colorado. The topic is a US senator’s ignorance of the common term for our system if jurisprudence — not how much you hate the people to whom you scream “love trumps hate.”

Old 02-14-2018, 03:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post

Can you cite one, just ONE quote from a Republican who demands a loyalty oath to Putin. Your own hallucinations do not count.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:58 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Just happened to read an article in NR about an engineer who had responded to some liberal academic's claim that search engines were racist. She had claimed that searching for 'black girl' yielded negative hits, while searching for 'white girl' gave positives.

The engineer decided to test this, and found it not to be true. This unleashed a ****storm from lefties. The engineer, no doubt thinking of his career, ended up backing down and apologizing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies