Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 08:55 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,716,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Actually, this isn't the first time the Clintons have done this. LoL

They did the same thing back in the 1992 election.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/269...iel-greenfield
That photo sums it up nicely.

Even as the Democrats pretend that they hate Putin, they fantasize about jailing their political opponents the way that Vladimir Putin does. Using police surveillance to spy on your enemies is a KGB tactic. So is accusing them of secretly working for foreign interests and trying to arrest them.
The final tragic irony of the Democrat’s Russian conspiracies would be to make America just like Russia.

Only Trump stands in their way. Take him out and the country is lost forever to the communist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 08:56 AM

683 posts, read 468,578 times
We had dinner with very good friends last night. Educated, now retired VP of a large corporation. We usually dance around politics but last night we discovered that they knew NOTHING about the recent findings of the dossier, how corrupt some of the FBI people are, etc. We asked what news they watch and they said NBC and CNN. I asked if they ever watch Fox, and they replied "sometimes" but I highly doubt they spend significant time watching.

The point I'm trying to make is that there are tons of people out there that still believe that Trump was involved with the Russians in winning the election. They also have NO idea about the corruptness of Hillary and her team. It's shocking. And in all honesty, I fear that my friends are representative of the majority of people in the country. If they don't have a balance of news from all angles, but only the anti-Trump one, well, no wonder why most of the country still believe the Russian Collusion story.

I'm waiting for the day when someone in the media finally gets fed up with all of the baloney and speaks the truth. Will that ever happen?

Old 02-11-2018, 09:10 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,123,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWonderWoman View Post
We had dinner with very good friends last night. Educated, now retired VP of a large corporation. We usually dance around politics but last night we discovered that they knew NOTHING about the recent findings of the dossier, how corrupt some of the FBI people are, etc. We asked what news they watch and they said NBC and CNN. I asked if they ever watch Fox, and they replied "sometimes" but I highly doubt they spend significant time watching.

The point I'm trying to make is that there are tons of people out there that still believe that Trump was involved with the Russians in winning the election. They also have NO idea about the corruptness of Hillary and her team. It's shocking. And in all honesty, I fear that my friends are representative of the majority of people in the country. If they don't have a balance of news from all angles, but only the anti-Trump one, well, no wonder why most of the country still believe the Russian Collusion story.

I'm waiting for the day when someone in the media finally gets fed up with all of the baloney and speaks the truth. Will that ever happen?
Nice post.

However, I don't think most of the country believes Trump colluded with the Russians.

In fact, I think it's only the very partisan democrats that actually believe Trump colluded with the Russians. I would say most people think is not true, or are undecided.

For whatever it's worth, recent polling suggests that many people are beginning to have doubts about the Russian investigation, and of the integrity of the FBI.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:37 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,050,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This opinion column is a Fox News guy pushing the Fox News line of propaganda. There are already tons of conspiracy threads--a NY Post/Fox News guy pushing it does not make it true. File under shiny objects.
Yep. Look, we all know Hillary Clinton is crooked. If she went to prison - after due process, of course - no actual progressive in the nation would miss her, and the same can be said for many of the leaders in both parties.

But that's not what this is about. This is about the unhealthy obsession the far-right has with Hillary. They utterly failed to pin anything on her in decades, which says more about their incompetence than her innocence, but worse is the nutty notion that if they can "prove" she's a crook, it somehow vindicates Trump.

That is what this obsession is really about: justifying their vote for Trump and somehow vindicating him using crazy-world logic of "if Hillary is a crook, Trump must not be, therefore I made the right choice in voting for Trump."

Let's be clear: if you voted for Trump, you did not make the better of two lousy choice, and proving Hillary is a crook - which should have been done years ago - does NOT mean Trump is innocent, much less a good person or president. Hell, his crookedness is a matter of public record, even more so than Hillary's, and all these jokers making excuses for him today would not have trusted Trump with their money, house, or wife only a few years ago.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:43 AM

8,402 posts, read 4,401,033 times
Why are you more concerned about a "has been" that holds no public office then you are a corrupt and spiteful president that is tearing the country apart right now?

Old 02-11-2018, 10:50 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,834,632 times
Hmmm opinion news. Should it be taken as gospel or should we research facts instead? I vote for facts. This reads like a Nunes memo. Maybe you should give this article to him to post in his alternative facts conservative ( conspiracy theory based) news site "The California Republican. " The sad part is that there will be people who believe every word without question.

The Clinton foundation has a web site that posts annual reports, financials, and tax exempt reports. Any reporter could use it as a jumping off point to dig up dirt. Charity Watch Analysts is a watch dog group that performs in depth analysis of charities audited financial statements, and IRS tax filings. Again there are eyes everywhere, much to Trump's dismay. Is the Clinton foundation one big corrupt entity? Or do they do a lot of good work around the world? Yes the optics look bad that Bill Clinton was paid half a million to give a speech payed for by a Russian investment bank with ties to the Kremlin. It also looks bad that the Canadian company Uranium One gave millions to the foundation, but here's the kick. Where is the quid pro quo? By all means, investigate it. Do we really want any Russian money in our politicians pockets on either side? I say no.

Does this diminish the fact that our president should be exempt from any wrong doing because Hillary did or didn't do it? No!

Here's some facts. Trump changed the republican platform to soften the language against Russia for invading Crimea. Trump tried to eliminate sanctions against Russia as soon as he took office which sparked alarm bells. A bipartisan bill was passed to sanction Russia further which Trump signed into law and refuses to institute. Trump has never held a cabinet meeting to address Russian interference in our upcoming mid terms. We have Don Jr's I love it emails that shows a willingness to conspire with a foreign adversary for political gain. Yes it is against the law. We have Kushner trying to open up a back channel through the Russian embassy for a direct line to the Kremlin. We have Kushner amending his security clearance form to add an additional 100 contacts. We have Kushner meeting with a sanctioned Russian bank. We have Kushner meeting with a known Chinese spy. We have Kushner that can't get a security clearance still in the white house. Does anyone believe that Trump could honestly get a security clearance if he was an employee in the white house? We have Flynn's conviction, Papadopoulos conviction and about 30 white house employees working with our most sensitive information without security clearances.

Anybody else find any of this disturbing? Or would you rather talk about Clinton?

Old 02-11-2018, 10:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,765,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post

https://nypost.com/2018/02/10/peelin...ns-deceit/amp/

Lays it all out.

"Thus, the Democratic nominee paid for and created allegations against her Republican opponent, gave them to law enforcement, then tipped friendly media to the investigation. And it is almost certain FBI agents supporting Clinton were among the anonymous sources.

In fact, the Clinton connections are so fundamental that there probably would not have been an FBI investigation without her involvement.

That makes hers a brazen work of political genius — and perhaps the dirtiest dirty trick ever played in presidential history. Following her manipulation of the party operation to thwart Bernie Sanders in the primary, Clinton is revealed as relentlessly ruthless in her quest to be president.

The only thing that went wrong is that she lost the election. And based on what we know now, her claims about Trump were false.

Of the charges against four men brought by special counsel Robert Mueller, none involves helping Russia interfere with the election."
She didn't do it alone. She had many accomplices to the crimes committed, to get the power she wielded.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:55 AM

51,690 posts, read 25,953,583 times
The Russians meddled in our last election. Intelligence services around the world, including our own, affirmed this.

Our own Secretary of State Tillerson stated Russians are doing it again.

Trump and the Republicans are trying distract us with whatever nonsense they can come up with.

Bunch of traitors.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:00 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,156,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The Russians meddled in our last election. Intelligence services around the world, including our own, affirmed this.

Our own Secretary of State Tillerson stated Russians are doing it again.

Trump and the Republicans are trying distract us with whatever nonsense they can come up with.

Bunch of traitors.
And now for you to say the same about the Democrats...

Are you just gonna ignore what they did? And blame the Republicans? Us Indies can see the bs coming from both parties.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,619,085 times
Talking OK, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post

https://nypost.com/2018/02/10/peelin...ns-deceit/amp/

Lays it all out.

"Thus, the Democratic nominee paid for and created allegations against her Republican opponent, gave them to law enforcement, then tipped friendly media to the investigation. And it is almost certain FBI agents supporting Clinton were among the anonymous sources.

In fact, the Clinton connections are so fundamental that there probably would not have been an FBI investigation without her involvement.

That makes hers a brazen work of political genius — and perhaps the dirtiest dirty trick ever played in presidential history. Following her manipulation of the party operation to thwart Bernie Sanders in the primary, Clinton is revealed as relentlessly ruthless in her quest to be president.

The only thing that went wrong is that she lost the election. And based on what we know now, her claims about Trump were false.

Of the charges against four men brought by special counsel Robert Mueller, none involves helping Russia interfere with the election."

Contact tRump and Sessions.

Demand that they lock her up.

After all, tRump told everyone on earth that he intended to do exactly that.

What's he afraid of?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies