Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 01:45 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I put in a lot of overtime last week and, thanks to the Trump tax cut, I am looking forward to that extra money not going straight to the mooches.

Good luck running against that in 2018 and 2020!

Wow that EXTRA $25 a week. Unless you're one of those overpaid types that got the job from being born in the right socioeconomic situation
Don't taxes go towards mostly military expenses and infrastructure as opposed to safety nets?
I know you'd rather spend 100 bucks on the bloated mismanagement of the military as opposed to 25 cents to help those NOT born with silver spoons
My property taxes went towards the schools all those little snoblings went to" even though it was just me and my Orange Tabby cat, but I understand the importance of education- otherwise you end up with cult45ers.
How much of each tax dollar goes to social programs as opposed to military and other stuff? REALLY

Old 02-14-2018, 01:58 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The debt (not deficit) is what is inherited. Deficit = specific to a particular year.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Wow that EXTRA $25 a week. Unless you're one of those overpaid types that got the job from being born in the right socioeconomic situation
Don't taxes go towards mostly military expenses and infrastructure as opposed to safety nets?
I know you'd rather spend 100 bucks on the bloated mismanagement of the military as opposed to 25 cents to help those NOT born with silver spoons
The 'where one comes from (so to speak) envy' is really strong with you...at least this week.

Quote:
My property taxes went towards the schools all those little snoblings went to" even though it was just me and my Orange Tabby cat, but I understand the importance of education- otherwise you end up with cult45ers.
How much of each tax dollar goes to social programs as opposed to military and other stuff? REALLY
So, you met your wife in Australia? Or was it after selling the last house you owned in the U.S. ?

Old 02-14-2018, 03:09 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,502 times
Living and looking at it from abroad, during the last 4 presidents... We saw a hatred towards Obama that was unprecedented! The rights complete opposition on almost anything Obama tried to do, during a global recession and two inherited unnecessary wars.

And that is looking at several news sources during those times.

I can't say other then it was because of Race! Most of the Reichwingers could not handle that a black man was in the White House. And they are even claiming HE was the racist one now.. They are truly deranged.

As a result, Obama could not do what he wanted, because of Reichpublican controlled Senate and congress 75% of the time Obama was in office.

Luckily he managed to stop the bleeding the Reichpublicans started with unnecessary tax cuts and two unfunded wars, during his two first years. After that the economy recovered, although slower then it could have.. Reichwingers were willing, and did sacrifice the American economy to stop a black man from governing.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Living and looking at it from abroad, during the last 4 presidents... We saw a hatred towards Obama that was unprecedented! The rights complete opposition on almost anything Obama tried to do, during a global recession and two inherited unnecessary wars.

And that is looking at several news sources during those times.

I can't say other then it was because of Race! Most of the Reichwingers could not handle that a black man was in the White House. And they are even claiming HE was the racist one now.. They are truly deranged.

As a result, Obama could not do what he wanted, because of Reichpublican controlled Senate and congress 75% of the time Obama was in office.

Luckily he managed to stop the bleeding the Reichpublicans started with unnecessary tax cuts and two unfunded wars, during his two first years. After that the economy recovered, although slower then it could have.. Reichwingers were willing, and did sacrifice the American economy to stop a black man from governing.
So you are an American married to a Norwegian, or two Americans with permanent residency in Norway?

Otherwise, there wouldn't be any pressing reason for you to care about the behavior of the U.S. voting public.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:01 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Part time jobs don't help anyone. Whoopdedo, Obama trashed full time jobs and gave everyone part time jobs. Wow, what an accomplishment.

I don't know who was the worst president ever, but he's the worst in my lifetime. The damage that has been done to this country in his 8 years of stupidity is going to take some time to fix. Thank GOD Hillary did not win.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:09 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Could a candidate really ever get worse than Hillary?
trump

Old 02-14-2018, 04:15 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
These anti-Obama threads are very tiresome. W. drove the nation into the ground and Obama got us out of the muck. I really am beginning to feel this is all about race. I never have before but maybe I was being naïve. The visceral hatred of Obama, and it is visceral, has no rational basis. There is much to criticize him for, but most of what I read, especially on this forum, is all race related.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:18 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
and the sky is falling

Old 02-14-2018, 04:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
We've all known for many years that Obama was the worse president that they US has ever had. But when Hillary was running for office, it wasn't clear that he would remain the worst president of all time. Now that Hillary has lost and will never be president, we can confidently conclude that there will never be a worse president than Obama.
In your opinion.
Maybe instead of listening to Limbaugh you should do some reading on what Obama accomplished =
http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-ac...omment-page-9/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies