Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 10:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Ok, great.

So tell me now: is Trump going to replace it with something else that will work?

*crickets*

Yeah, that's what I thought.
do you have a law in mind that meets the follow parameters?

1: it must deny those with criminal records or have been adjudicated mentally defective

2: it must NOT prevent a law abiding citizen from owning a firearm

3: it must pass constitutional muster

i await you suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 10:38 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
do you have a law in mind that meets the follow parameters?

1: it must deny those with criminal records or have been adjudicated mentally defective

2: it must NOT prevent a law abiding citizen from owning a firearm

3: it must pass constitutional muster

i await you suggestion.
For starters, you could pass a law that requires the Social Security Administration to pass along to the FBI records of beneficiaries with severe mental illnesses. Not gonna stop everything bit it is a sensible step.

Oh wait, that's what the regulation did that Trump repealed.

Well, then you could at least increase funding for access to mental health services.

Oh wait, Trump wants to cut that in his budget.

You cons are always so full of ****.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
For starters, you could pass a law that requires the Social Security Administration to pass along to the FBI records of beneficiaries with severe mental illnesses. Not gonna stop everything bit it is a sensible step.

No it did not. None of the people had been clinically diagnosed with severe mental illness.

Quote:
Well, then you could at least increase funding for access to mental health services.
I absolutely 100% support this.

Quote:

I'm not a "con". I think this default might be a type of mental illness.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:08 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
See, now it is evident you started this dupe thread of a false narrative on purpose, by ignoring my reply directly to you.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/51041272-post21.html

`

Old 02-16-2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:

and so the regulation that was repealed did what exactly? truth is noting, but again dont let the facts stop you from a good rant.

Quote:

ahh yes, blame trump for something that was done by democrats in the late 60s across the nation, and when the problems started up as a result, the democrats conveniently forgot that they were ones that started the problems, and to hide their guilt, they blamed reagan, and now trump. try reading some real history on this issue before blaming someone you decide to hate.

but again dont let the real facts get in your way of hating trump.

and while you are at it, stop trying to make end runs around the constitution just because you dont like something or someone.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:12 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,681,384 times
Quote:

? Rep payees are recommended based usually on the recommendation of a psychologist hired by social security. He will ask a series of questions that include math computations, etc. A rep payee can be recommended for someone because math isn’t her strong suit or because she wants it because math isn’t her strong suit. A lot of people also get in due to a combination of mental and physical and could have a rep payee.

Old 02-16-2018, 03:12 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Crime victims often have to seek professional mental health treatment. Should they lose their constitutional rights and the ability to prevent future victimization because someone victimized them?
If they are currently a danger to themselves and others when they want to buy a gun? One would expect that once cleared of that status, they could buy a gun if they wanted to. I'm not real pleased that someone who is more than a bit... off balance... can buy a gun. YMMV.

Old 02-16-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
If they are currently a danger to themselves and others when they want to buy a gun? One would expect that once cleared of that status, they could buy a gun if they wanted to. I'm not real pleased that someone who is more than a bit... off balance... can buy a gun. YMMV.
i dont want unbalanced people to be able to buy firearms either, but we still have this thing called due process, so until someone is adjudicated as mentally defective, their rights remain intact.

Old 02-16-2018, 03:27 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont want unbalanced people to be able to buy firearms either, but we still have this thing called due process, so until someone is adjudicated as mentally defective, their rights remain intact.
Yes, I realize that. But, that doesn't prevent us from trying to figure out a way to make that happen, now does it? Or, does it? Shall we just continue to shake our heads and be dismayed and say "thoughts and prayers" and do nothing to find a solution?

Old 02-16-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yes, I realize that. But, that doesn't prevent us from trying to figure out a way to make that happen, now does it? Or, does it? Shall we just continue to shake our heads and be dismayed and say "thoughts and prayers" and do nothing to find a solution?
the problem is that too many people see what is happening long before the tragic event and do nothing about it, and then say "but he seemed like such a nice boy, i never saw that coming". take ANY of the mass shooters, with the exception of the vegas shooter, and there were warning signs all over the place that these people were going to snap at some point and take innocent people with them. heck many of them even said as much in internet postings of some sort. they also made plans long before their crimes took place, and people knew about those plans. its the people that knew something was up and did nothing that are the big part of the problem.

when people like these constantly show signs of mental issues, we need to speak up to authorities so they can get to these people before they do something like a mass shooting, or a bombing, or what ever they are ultimately planning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies