Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 03:19 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's not the complexity of it that bothers Trump supporters.

Mis-placed pride more than anything. Can not admit to themselves that the man hoaxed them, and they can not admit that their own opinions were formed out of fake news teasing them in their greatest vulnerability: telling them what they wanted to believe, instead of the truth.
There being no other acceptable choice was more likely the reason Trump won. I certainly didn't hear Hillary suggesting our borders need to be protected. She sounded like more of the unacceptable governing we had already. I am very happy with my choice although I don't agree with all his DACA actions. I think DACA is doomed. They just need to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 03:43 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:

Mis-placed pride more than anything. Can not admit to themselves that the man hoaxed them, and they can not admit that their own opinions were formed out of fake news teasing them in their greatest vulnerability: telling them what they wanted to believe, instead of the truth.

LAWL.

You make broad based negative generalizations against 10s of millions of people that you don't know. i.e. The Deplorables argument.

Hillary tried it, and she's better at it than you.

All these derangement topics end up with this one way or the other.

Old 02-17-2018, 03:56 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:

You have a particular view of Trump supporters that probably changes depending on what partisan point you want to make. Trump has already accomplished much of what his supporters wanted. He's certainly stalled the legacy Obama wanted Clinton to continue. Fake news and Russian trollbots didn't form those views.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:07 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Quote:

I must disagree somewhat. There is a substantial number of rabid Trump supporters who actually lack the intellectual capacity to see beyond the propaganda (and many who are actually Russian trolls...just look here).

I’m certain there are those who support Trump while recognizing all the faults in him. These are the same individuals who just want anyone in office who will advance their agenda. It’s the reality of politics these days. And that is why they sound especially disingenuous every time they defend Trump’s blunders. They just cannot admit they are unpatriotic, amoral, power-hungry mobs who don’t care that Trump is a moral failure, if not an outright law breaker. Admitting this wouldn’t leave these rabid Trumpers less scummy, but at least they would be genuine scum.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:08 PM

1,768 posts, read 716,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I wonder if Trump supporters ever wonder why the Russians wanted their guy to be elected so badly? Do you think they are able to contemplate something so complex?
Should we ask the same of everyone who voted for Jill stein and and Bernie Sanders?
Why did the Russians arrange anti trump protest as soon as he won?

Russians successfully used democrats as pawns after the election.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:13 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I must disagree somewhat. There is a substantial number of rabid Trump supporters who actually lack the intellectual capacity to see beyond the propaganda (and many who are actually Russian trolls...just look here).

I’m certain there are those who support Trump while recognizing all the faults in him. These are the same individuals who just want anyone in office who will advance their agenda. It’s the reality of politics these days. And that is why they sound especially disingenuous every time they defend Trump’s blunders. They just cannot admit they are unpatriotic, amoral, power-hungry mobs who don’t care that Trump is a moral failure, if not an outright law breaker. Admitting this wouldn’t leave these rabid Trumpers less scummy, but at least they would be genuine scum.

"Basket of deplorables "

Looks like you libs never learn

Old 02-17-2018, 04:16 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
The democrats and the MSM are actually more destructive than Russian internet trolls. Each use propaganda to advance their agenda, but one is clearly identified as an enemy.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I must disagree somewhat. There is a substantial number of rabid Trump supporters who actually lack the intellectual capacity to see beyond the propaganda (and many who are actually Russian trolls...just look here). .
And who are you to judge "intellectual capacity"?

As far as falling for propaganda, sounds like you have bought it hook line & sinker.

Hillary Clinton got her pantsuit beaten off her because she was a horrible candidate who only offered the USA Obama 2.0. Nothing more too it than that.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:22 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And who are you to judge "intellectual capacity"?

As far as falling for propaganda, sounds like you have bought it hook line & sinker.

Hillary Clinton got her pantsuit beaten off her because she was a horrible candidate who only offered the USA Obama 2.0. Nothing more too it than that.
Trump supporters seem to make the choice to get their information solely from infotainment on Fox and diatribes from Limbaugh. Fox is apparently very selective in what it reports, so if you post on here with only Fox to back you, it comes across as ill informed at best.

Also, you folks seem to be content to lie back and get your information spoon fed to you without ever once questioning the validity of the content. Using Fox as source would be the equivalent of me posting stuff from MSNBC or the latest rumors circulating on DU and expecting everyone to take it as gospel truth. I can tell which sources are tainted by partisanship but apparently you guys have no interest in doing so.

Plus, every single time Trumpers read or hear something you don't care for, you simply shriek "fake news!"

Then you wonder why you don't get taken seriously.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Trump supporters seem to make the choice to get their information solely from infotainment on Fox and diatribes from Limbaugh.
I don't watch Fox News.

Big fail on that response.

(then again you never have an argument if all you can do is cry "deplorables")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies