Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 08:23 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I am a history nut who has studied and read countless books and other materials on our history. No doubt - if the Trump admin continues similar to how it is now, he will be among the worst Presidents in History.

And, yes, it does mean something. But not really yet - the measurement does move, but I think we all know (at this point) who Trump is and where this is all heading.

Now....let's say a Democratic "wave" hits and the Congress is controlled by them (both houses) - since Trump stands for nothing, he likely would get along with the Dems and sign a lot of decent bills (that they created). So there is a chance he could rise.

I'm by no means perfect but I knew exactly where GW and Obama were going to sit in the ratings....quite soon after their election. You see, it's really a matter of their reason, logic, intellect and hopes and dreams for the USA. GW simply didn't have the mental capacity to do the job...so he was controlled by warmongers (Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc.).

It was evident that Obama would place in the top 3rd because we did come out of the recession and he did get improved health care started (among many other things).

And, it is quite evident that future books on Trump will skewer him....and that more intelligent citizens of the future won't believe what they are hearing when they watch his speeches. He's the "Adolf Hitler" of our day, although that's giving him too much credit since Hitler had 10X the brains of Don the Con.

I just hope, for all of our sake, that we can get him out of that office before a nuke flies.

That's an interesting idea, that hadn't occurred to me, that a Democratic majority in both houses of congress, might find Trump to be a weak, but useful, rubber-stamp for their legislation. Maybe the first order on their agenda after taking over, would not be to impeach him, but treat him as though there was no president. To be ignored and made insignificant, would be a nightmare for Trump, but it is exactly what he deserves.

In this situation, Trump would realize that if he didn't sign the Democratic legislation, that they would impeach him and the Senate would remove Pence, putting their Speaker of the House into the Oval Office.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:28 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,794,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Is that so? What damage?
3% economic and wage growth, the defeat of isis, record low border crossing and record high business and consumer confidence is doing damage to the Democrats narrative that we need government to solve our every issue. That's the only damage that's being done.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:33 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Most of those scholars are still bitter that Hillary isn't president. So now they have to whine that Trump is the worst president ever.
Take a look where the Republican scholars ranked him. 5th worst over all. He's just a bad president.. period.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:35 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yes, every Republican president doesn't care about the environment.

As for the other things you listed, it's more of an opinion. For one, it's high time a Republican points out how very biased the press is.

Another thing, immigration reform is long overdue. It should have been done 20+ years ago.
Didn't say anything about Republican presidents not caring about the environment. Said Chump is hell bent to allow its destruction. Chump. Not other republicans ... a number of whom I have respect for.

And no, it's not simply a matter of opinion: it's factual reality that this barely a facsimile of a p*ss poor excuse for human moron is an entirely destructive force on the country I loved and served.

You call Donald's attempt to totally dismantle the free press and transform it into his personal vanity machine “pointing out how biased it is”? Are you kidding me?

Immigration reform IS indeed looooong overdue. I concur entirely ... just not with Chump's bigoted version. And by that no, I don't mean I am a bleeding heart liberal favoring every Tom, Dick, Juan, Muhammed, and Veejay to be welcomed en masse. Quotas that address qualified tiering as well as humanitarian diversity are critial to the balance and safeguarding the development of our domestic generations.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Take a look where the Republican scholars ranked him. 5th worst over all. He's just a bad president.. period.
By what measure? We have a 25k dow, strong wage and economic growth, ISIS is essentially defeated, the race riots have ended. What are you basing this assumption on? There needs to be some sort of data to back your claim up. It can;t just be because you said so.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
3% economic and wage growth, the defeat of isis, record low border crossing and record high business and consumer confidence is doing damage to the Democrats narrative that we need government to solve our every issue. That's the only damage that's being done.
No it's not. Those are the continuation of the last presidency's trajectories.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:38 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Dems hate good economic news. No wonder Trump is rated so low.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Dems hate good economic news. No wonder Trump is rated so low.
What a bizarrely dumb statement.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No it's not. Those are the continuation of the last presidency's trajectories.
No it's not. We had 1.5% economic growth in 2016. We had a flat stock market between 2015 and 16. The market jumped 10% after the election before Trump even took the oath. 25% since. Consumer and business confidence and spending jumped immediately after his election. This is all in spite of rising bong yields. If interest rates had spiked like this during Obama's presidency the market would have TANKED. Which is why yellen never raised rates.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
No it's not. We had 1.5% economic growth in 2016. We had a flat stock market between 2015 and 16. The market jumped 10% before Trump even took the oath. 25% since. Consumer and business confidence and spending jumped immediately after his election.
Do you understand what the word “trajectory” means? Go look at the recovery charts since Obama tangled with the recession ...

And do you understand the market at all? Like what the danger of “overvaluation” is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies