Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 04:46 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump’s first year was seen as a catastrophe by both Democrats and Republicans in the field of political science. Marked by a nonstop stream of scandals, as well as record-low approval ratings, it was so bad that a survey of scholars has already ranked Trump as the worst president ever.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/tru...resident-ever/

Interestingly, President Obama moved up 10 spots since 2014, from number 18 to number 8.
Your statistic regarding President Obama is enough to prove this is nothing but a political hit piece from an extremely left leaning political site. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, President Obama did warrants his being listed anywhere near the top of the list as far as presidents are concerned. I mean, I get it, he was cool and all the young people out there miss having their hip president in office. But that's literally all there is to support his popularity. The man barely accomplished anything in an 8 year presidency and the things he did manage to do were by and large horrible for the country. Now I'm not saying I'd rank the man dead last or anything. There have been some really horrible presidents in the past. I'd probably have Mr. Obama somewhere toward the middle, or maybe a bit lower.

However, I also must say that ranking Trump down at the bottom of the list is fairly ridiculous as well. This president has gotten more done and taken more action in the short time he's been in office than most presidents manage in a full term. And I'm sorry, but every former president has caused division amongst the populace, to more or less the same degree that Trump has. That's the nature of the office. We pit two sides against each other, and one wins, which generally leaves close to 50% of the population at odds with the winner. The only difference is the amount of negative media coverage on polarization that has been given to Trump. The news media does nothing but seek to destroy the man's image, no matter what he says or does. On the opposite side of the spectrum, while half the country did not like Obama and did not like his policies, the media loved him. So we did not see stories every day about how people hated or despised Obama. Instead they tried to convince you that the entire country was totally enamored with the man, even though they knew around half the population did not feel that way. This is nothing but politics as usual, except for the massive anti-Trump media bias that has been at play since the man won the presidency.

And seriously, ask yourself Jams, why would a man move from 18th to 8th place after their presidency has ended? What changed other than a new president in office. Not 10 new presidents, just one.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:46 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump’s first year was seen as a catastrophe by both Democrats and Republicans in the field of political science. Marked by a nonstop stream of scandals, as well as record-low approval ratings, it was so bad that a survey of scholars has already ranked Trump as the worst president ever.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/tru...resident-ever/

Interestingly, President Obama moved up 10 spots since 2014, from number 18 to number 8.
A wholly subjective poll, using only 170 respondents.

Sad when a President who suspends habeas corpus and imprisons newspaper editors for criticizing him gets ranked #1.

You can read the poll here:

https://sps.boisestate.edu/political.../Greatness.pdf

Old 02-19-2018, 04:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Cool Trump’s First Year So Bad That Scholars Already Rank Him Worst President Ever

Quote:
Trump’s First Year So Bad That Scholars Already Rank Him Worst President Ever
And that rating is based on 2017.

2018 promises to be a few notches lower on the presidential performance scale.

Maybe he'll slip to 46th out of 45.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:52 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
probably from the same "scholars" and "experts" that gave Obama a Noble Peace Prize when he took office for doing absolutely nothing but being a black liberal Democrat.

even if you are not a fan of Trump, nobody can label him the worst President in history with just 1 year. Just take U.S. History.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:57 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
"Republican scholars". "Democratic scholars." Dunno, this sound an awful lot like unnamed sources.

Show me the list of each, along with their CVs. Maybe then we can have a discussion. Maybe. Until then, this is a non sequitor.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:18 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I think Obama is overrated on this poll, but he has the unique advantage of being bracketed by Dubya and Trump, so he’s bound to pick up points by that fact alone.
As bad as Trump's tweets are, he's not worse than Obama. Obama was a nice family man who was pretty cool, but he's a Chicago machine politician. Trump calls news reports fake news, but Obama actually spied on reporters and even the parents of those reporters.

Look up Katherine Englebrecht's story about her applying for 503(c) something status for her organization, True the Vote. Her business was audited for the first time, then she had visits from OSHA, ATF, and IRS all within a few weeks when she had not seen them before she applied for IRS status. She was absolutely sure it was meant as intimidation.

Trump, God help us, responded to Kim Jun Un on Twitter, but things have calmed down and South Korea and North Korea are talking for the first time in years. I'm not saying that's due to Trump, but perhaps it is somewhat. I'll leave that to the experts to figure out.

ISIS is on the run or destroyed. I don't know what the refugee situation is in Europe now, but that seems to have slowed somewhat.

We got tax reform, and we may get immigration reform. Obama got healthcare. He seemed to enjoy the respect of world leaders, which Trump does not get.

Overall Trump should rank pretty low, but I'm still happy he's there instead of Hillary Clinton. It's nice to see the media holding politicians' feet to the fire. As far as I'm concerned, if Trump accomplished nothing else this term I'd be happy, though I would like to see the DACA kids lifted out of limbo and better border security.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:19 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
You know you are over the target when the flak is heaviest.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:27 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
The much needed changes to the corporate tax law is more substantial than anything Obama accomplished in 8 years.

His claim to fame ended up being the Cash for Clunkers program. Somehow he convinced his low info admirers to destroy their cars and go buy a new one.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:33 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
My goodness, another biased, left-wing publication. That's just nothing but drivel and biased opinions, and there's no way anyone in his right mind would side with that. President Trump has really had an exceptional first year. He has had no scandals (unlike his predecessor, who has had more than anyone) and has gotten Congress to respond to him to pass the largest tax cut in U.S. history.

No way would Trump be worst in any category.
You are one of many that write such words on this site and it makes me wonder if we live in different realities. Like maybe parallel worlds have melted into each-other where the current President is actually all those words you use to describe him. There can be no more rational explanation. Pretty trippy.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:43 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I cringe at Trump's stupid tweets. What the hell is he thinking!?! For that reason, I'd rank him pretty low considering he's a troll president. But try as I might, I can't get that upset that he's there because I know that at least the media and people around him won't let him go too far, and so far his actual performance has been pretty good. I still wish the Deep State would cut his damn twitter feed (or shadow ban it).
if you have the time, um, fill me in on what would be “too far” for you, that he hasn't done yet ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies