Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 10:43 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
In THIS country 5x as many people are murdered with knives that are killed with rifles of all types, let alone scary looking semi-autos rifles.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s..._2009-2013.xls

It would be nice if liberals, for once, would be honest and admit they don't care about saving lives, only restricting the rights of others. Yeah, I know, I'm not holding my breath waiting for that.

We're dealing with liberals-facts have no power here.
https://www.snopes.com/four-times-mo...fles-any-kind/

Quote:
(The article failed to mention that in thousands of cases, the type of firearm used was not specified or reported to the FBI.)
What, Brietbart not telling the whole story? Knock me over with a feather!!!!

Now what were you saying about "facts"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 10:49 AM

11,346 posts, read 16,708,690 times
It's a freakin mental health issue, not guns.

Guns have been around for well over 100 years. Even the machine gun way back when.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:09 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
https://www.snopes.com/four-times-mo...fles-any-kind/

What, Brietbart not telling the whole story? Knock me over with a feather!!!!

Now what were you saying about "facts"?
You DO realize I linked the FBI crime reports and not Breitbart, right? Let me guess, you think the FBI is altering the records to make rifle owners look innocent?

As I said-when dealing with liberals-facts have no power.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:20 AM

1,316 posts, read 748,511 times
Quote:
You DO realize I linked the FBI crime reports and not Breitbart, right? Let me guess, you think the FBI is altering the records to make rifle owners look innocent?

How many of those knife deaths were school children at school?

PS, you're leaving out the "type not stated" class of firearms, which likely brings those numbers up considerably.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:30 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:

And the article that I linked says that the CDC's Fatal Injury Report lists 2200 more murders with firearms than the FBI does. Let me guess, you think coroners, physicians, and medical examiners made up 2200 gun deaths to make the NRA look worse?

I'm willing to go slow for you, but you're going to have to pick it up here a bit - - I don't have all day.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:58 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
What's with the recent threads invoking incidents involving knives and whatnot from years ago?

Old 02-19-2018, 02:13 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Knife-Wielding Man Kills 8 Children at Japanese School - The New York Times

A murderous KITCHEN KNIFE did this and should have background checks to own one.......
I wonder what a guy like that would do on the Ecstasy drug weekly, in the company of, oh I don't know, Downtown people.

Good Downtown people, in a good Downtown place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGhoLcsr8GA

Old 02-19-2018, 03:08 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
In THIS country 5x as many people are murdered with knives that are killed with rifles of all types, let alone scary looking semi-autos rifles. That has held true year after year. Yet while the left screams about "assault rifles", we never hear about background checks for knifes. More are killed with "blunt objects" than all rifles, yet we never hear screams for background checks to buy a baseball bat or a hammer.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s..._2009-2013.xls

It would be nice if liberals, for once, would be honest and admit they don't care about saving lives, only restricting the rights of others. Yeah, I know, I'm not holding my breath waiting for that.

We're dealing with liberals-facts have no power here.
1. The word is knives, not knifes.

2. Guns are being used to kill students in ways and on a scale knives (again not knifes) are not.

3. Apparently honesty isn’t your strong suit. Firearms represented the vast majority of deaths i from your own source. If anything it is evidence to ban all guns.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
How many of those knife deaths were school children at school?

PS, you're leaving out the "type not stated" class of firearms, which likely brings those numbers up considerably.
In the cases where the type was reported (rifles/shotguns/handguns) rifles make up 4.5% of the total. If we extrapolate that to the "type not stated" it brings the total of ALL murders by rifles to 372 for the most recent year reported. Which compares with 1490 with knives and 428 with "blunt objects". Again-that is ALL rifles, not just those the left calls "assault rifles".

If liberals were actually concerned with saving lives they would focus on background checks for knife purchases and ban baseball bats, rather than assault rifles. But face it-lives don't matter to liberals-unless they can use them to push a political agenda.

(btw if you'd like help with the math, let me know)

Old 02-19-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
1. The word is knives, not knifes.

2. Guns are being used to kill students in ways and on a scale knives (again not knifes) are not.

3. Apparently honesty isn’t your strong suit. Firearms represented the vast majority of deaths i from your own source. If anything it is evidence to ban all guns.
My apologies for the typo-fortunately you seem to be better at grammar than logic.

Thank you for being honest enough to admit your real goal. I guess we can agree that the "assault weapon" debate is silly and just a tool on the path to the end goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies