Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 10:08 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,605,164 times

Advertisements

Trump just reduced Mitt Romney's chances of being elected to the Senate, from Utah. If the predicted and badly-needed purge of republican members of congress takes place, the last thing any of them needs, is for people to know that Trump supports them.

Trump endorses recent GOP foe Mitt Romney for Utah Senate | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 10:12 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,631,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump just reduced Mitt Romney's chances of being elected to the Senate, from Utah. If the predicted and badly-needed purge of republican members of congress takes place, the last thing any of them needs, is for people to know that Trump supports them.

If that's the case, then Trump should endorse Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters for Congress, and Gavin Newsom for California governor.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:15 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,504,939 times
Interesting. Romney has been going out of his way to criticize Trump.

Trumps plan must be to endorse him so that

a) If Romney loses Trump can claim it was a voter backlash due to Romney's criticism of him
b) If Romney wins Trump can claim is was due to his support.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:20 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,117,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
If that's the case, then Trump should endorse Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters for Congress, and Gavin Newsom for California governor.
Newsome has a real shot.

Pelosi and Mad Max should simply retire for the good of the Party.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:21 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,874,491 times
This is like in the Godfather, when Michael kisses his brother, and that is the kiss of death. When Trump endorses someone, that is the end of their political career.

If I were a politician, and Trump offered to endorse me, I would run like a scared bunny rabbit.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:24 PM

27,693 posts, read 16,182,319 times
Romney will win easy. Lefty ain’t batting real strong lately in the prediction game

Old 02-19-2018, 10:26 PM

78,552 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:

Steve, you're clearly a passionate democrat. You remind me much of my late father in law whom I really liked and respected. I told him to "take heart" after Bush got elected a second time knowing that things cycle around....I'm glad he didn't live to see Trump elected.

Read that again, let it sink in then click on my hidden comment.

Spoiler
You are going to **** it all away by pushing gun control. How can anyone with an IQ greater than a penguin not recognize that is going to cost you senate seats throughout the less populated hunting states?

Furthermore, Trump is currently doing well in the polls. Are you that arrogant that you think you have the mid-terms in the bag after getting completely OWNED by Trump in 2016?

Basically, you seem to be devoid of reality and expecting an easy reclamation of the house and senate. History is showing us that you're approach could use some fine tuning.

Oh P.S. My republican friends suggest launching more threads about how anyone voting republican is stupid, poor, racist and otherwise a disgusting human being. That will certainly will hearts and minds.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:34 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,737,357 times
Romney will win anyway. He's pretty moderate and that represents what most Americans want. He could run for president and I'd be happy. Most Democrats are not far lefties; most Republicans are not fanatical rightwingers. Most people are in the middle no matter how much anyone tries to divide us.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:43 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,248,182 times
Quote:

I bet Romney would pay Trump $10M to retract his endorsement.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:43 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,631,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Newsome has a real shot.

Pelosi and Mad Max should simply retire for the good of the Party.
Sadly all of them will be elected (in Newsom's case) or re-elected in the cases of Nancy and Maxie. But if Trump endorsed them, OTOH....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies