Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2018, 05:35 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
All the school shooters were innocent people until the school shootings. So was the Las Vegas shooter. Everyone was innocent until he wasn't.

There's nothing wrong with regular guys that own guns. But they're only regular. That guarantees that mistakes will be made. Guns will wind up with the wrong people. School shootings will happen.

By banning AR-15 type weapons we can at least reduce the carnage when they next one does.
"By banning AR-15 type weapons we can at least reduce the carnage when they next one does"

"When you do the same thing over and over do NOT expect a different outcome"

Be even passed a Constitutional amendment to ban alcohol.

You CAN'T get any more strict then that.

How well did THAT turn out?

We have had a "war on drugs for DECADES", how is THAT working"

But, but, but, ALL those drugs are ILLEGAL and people get them anyway IN every COUNTY AND CITY in the country.

HOW CAN THAT BE?

You are living in a dream world if you think banning ANYTHING will stop people from getting it.

Australia confiscated rifles and serious crime WENT UP.

Even though they are BANNED from the country, more and more bad guys are using semi-automatics in committing crimes.

HOW CAN THAT BE ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 05:36 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The 1934 and 1986 FA are both textually Unconstitutional.
Unless the language of the 2nd is changed to say,
The privilege of citizens 21 years or older who are mentally sane and non-felons, may keep but never bear the small arms the government deems acceptable. Instead of what it actually says, "the right of the people to keep & bear arms."
Yep. And any state legislation restricting common use firearms are also Unconstitutional, but the Supreme Court doesn't have the b*llls to hear the cases.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No he didn't. COMMON USE. The AR-15 is the most common rifle in the U.S. Thank the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban for that, creating the desire for most gun owners to own an AR. Thank Obama, and the threat of Hillary, and her threats of Australian style gun bans, and confiscations.
Don't leave out dem hypocrite Senator Feinstein

If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them... 'Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in,' I would have done it.
Dianne Feinstein
"
"And, I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I'd walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me."

http://www.azquotes.com/author/4711-Dianne_Feinstein

Dianne Feinstein

Old 03-10-2018, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How many women have been killed in a 3 day waiting period, we know Dylan Roof got a gun when the waiting period expired. It’s not normally an emergency. This legislation does not address the problem.
"How many women have been killed in a 3 day waiting period"

It does NOT matter how many.

Like the left says, "If it saves just ONE life, it is worth it"

What if it is YOUR mother or sister?

How would you feel if she was KILLED while WAITING 3 days to get her gun?

In today's computer world there is NO reason to have to wait.

If ALL business's can verify your credit instantly, why can't the gov't verify your illegibility to buy a gun instantly?

When you are pulled over by a cop he "runs" your driver's license and in a few second KNOWS you COMPLETE criminal record.

But, it takes 3 days to get the SAME record to buy a gun!

Old 03-10-2018, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so banning an ar15 will stop all carnage???? very naïve of you

you mean banning ALL weapons, to include knives, swords, baseball bats, crowbars.....AND confiscating ALL of them (which will mean re-writing the entire constitution, and confiscation would violate the 4th amendment)
Don't leave out cars, trucks and buses.

They kill THOUSANDS more a year then the "evil" AR or ALL guns combined.

But, we NEVER hear anything about THEM.

ONLY the "evil looking" AR and other semi's.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Maybe we can make them MORE ILLEGAL?
As if that would do any good.

Thousands of useless gun laws on the books already and the naive, clueless want MORE.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:00 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
As if that would do any good.

Thousands of useless gun laws on the books already and the naive, clueless want MORE.
Yeah, I was being facetious.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I was being facetious.
I know.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:26 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
David Hogg's sister Lauren got the idea of a armband for change for gun control. However, some folks including James Woods reminded her then that armband technique was used by someone else in a deleted tweet.
Lauren Hogg on Twitter: "Inspired by the Supreme Court Landmark case Tinker vs Des Moines I
https://twitchy.com/bethb-313034/201...should-forget/
https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...46900091006976

Old 03-11-2018, 09:35 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
++1 to this:

When I shoot the larger calibers, you can see later that night a distinct area of redness, not a bruise but a area of discoloration. Almost never have that with the AR-15; and I never have that with the FN PS90.

And there is a much larger report of the rifle in the .308 or 7.62 * 32 range. Or larger caliber, so your son was correct.

The AR-15 or .223/556 rifle round even loading the same rifle powder takes almost half of the powder that a .308 rifles takes. More gun powder, the louder the report of the rifle.
Sort of (depends on the person)

I LOVE my AR-10. It has the same swing up (swing up as in wrap the sling around the support arm and come to ready, not "swing up" as in a folding shoulder stock), rapidly on target capability of the smaller -15, but with the pull of that trigger, that WHOMP of sending a round down range, it's better than sex!

Of druthers of rifles, the -10 wins out almost all the time. Almost all the time. I love my AR-10 but it is like a Formula 1 race car in that it is very expensive to operated. Ie, 250 rounds of .223 was $80 but 200 rounds of .308 was $126. Further, of course, carrying .308 rounds is a lot heavier than .223.

So why have it? Because to me, it is the follow up of the M-14 I used in the service.

I don't mind the black and blue; in fact, I rather welcome it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies