Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 11:27 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
As she gave her sympathy to a grieving white woman last night.

I don't mind the NRA defending what they think is the right to bear arms.

I think it is cruel, vile, inhumane and disgusting to say things like that.

Vilifying the media doesn't exactly convince folks on the fence or against gun controls that the NRA has a sound argument. It just looks like partisan bull.
Tell me why we don't see crying white moms on TV after each terrorist massacre?

The media has the agenda to disarm the populace. To pretend they don't is gross, vile and disgusting to say the least.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:30 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
If Hinckley had an AR15 the outcome would have been alot different, yes.
The perfect ending to that little side debate.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
So how does the right to life and right to bear arms work together?

The intention is there, but there are always those nutcases...
Very simply. We all have the right to protect our own life and the life of our loved ones, against monsters who shoot up schools and against a tyrannical government.

The arms we keep and bear are the best tools to accomplish that.

How about we focus on not letting the nutcases have access to firearms but not disarming every law abiding citizens? That's common sense, no?

Old 02-22-2018, 11:33 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
As she gave her sympathy to a grieving white woman last night.

I don't mind the NRA defending what they think is the right to bear arms.

I think it is cruel, vile, inhumane and disgusting to say things like that.

Vilifying the media doesn't exactly convince folks on the fence or against gun controls that the NRA has a sound argument. It just looks like partisan bull.
She represents a gross side of the debate, so her comments here are not surprising.

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Very simply. We all have the right to protect our own life and the life of our loved ones, against monsters who shoot up schools and against a tyrannical government.

I always find the defend against tyrannical government defense silly.

If the fed's were to go crazy, you'd be using your weapons to fight against drones, tanks, helicopters, missiles, etc.. Not sure how that'll end but I think it's pretty obvious.

1,251 posts, read 1,077,935 times
Quote:

How about we focus on not letting the nutcases have access to firearms but not disarming every law abiding citizens? That's common sense, no?
This has been asked over and over since Parkland. Liberals are not interested in it. Just watching the Town Hall on CNN last night made that crystal clear.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
She represents a gross side of the debate, so her comments here are not surprising.
She represents the side of reason, not the side of the mentally ill.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:34 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Tell me why we don't see crying white moms on TV after each terrorist massacre?

The media has the agenda to disarm the populace. To pretend they don't is gross, vile and disgusting to say the least.
Wow, really? Are you that blind? They interview crying "white" moms and dads after the massacre but I guess that doesn't fit your agenda. Talk about a gross, vile, and disgusting thing to say.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:35 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
She's right. The media thrives on suffering. If it bleeds, it leads. They exacerbate suffering wherever they encounter it and then castigate as bad guys anyone who points that out. Dana Loesch is not the bad guy in the story, not even close.

She is the bad guy -- because she's doing exactly what she is accusing them of doing.

She is claiming some moral high ground while using the tragedy to vilify the media so that y'all don't trust anything they say or do.

It's a stupid game and it implies we are all stupid and we aren't.

We see what she is doing.

She would have been better to not even bring up the media. Just deal with the issues.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:36 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:

So you are all for gun control then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies