Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should We End Gun Industry Immunity?
Yes 61 30.81%
No 132 66.67%
Maybe 0 0%
Other 5 2.53%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 10:41 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times

Advertisements

If we prevent the abuse of the legal system there won't be a need for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 10:41 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
If I eat at Dairy Queen it is my decision. If I get shot it is the action of a third party.

At any rate you're wrong, the law was passed by cronies of the gun industry...the gun crazy right-wing to use your vernacular.
If you get run over by a car it's not your decision either.

Thing is there's not a bunch of loony leftist going around trying to regulate what we can drive and trying to take our high powered trucks and cars away.

So once again, the answer to your questions is because of loony libs like yourself who never let a bunch of dead kids go to waste. You use them to further your political agenda when emotions are high in a vein attempt to change the Constitution. Shame on you and your kind. SMH.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:42 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Another inane (and insane) "solution" proposed by the left.

But, of course, they know it's inane and insane--they simply don't care, as long as it puts gun manufacturers out of business.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:42 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I barely remember a case about a rifle that fired inadvertently and killed a few people and it was known by the manufacturer at the time, and yet they ignored it. You would think that there was a legal case her for personal injury/death that they caused because of this, and yet the plaintiffs failed in their lawsuit because of this law (if memory serves, its been many years).
Actually, no they didn't.

https://xmprecall.remington.com/

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/rem...122-employees/

The immunity law disallows gun makers from being sued by people injured by a third party. Kind of like no one sues Ford if they get hit by a drunk driver driving a Taurus.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:43 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
If you get run over by a car isn't not your decision either.

Thing is there's not a bunch of loony leftist going around trying to regulate what we can drive and trying to take our high powered truck and cars away.

So once again, the answer to your questions is because of loony libs like yourself who never let a bunch of dead kids go to waste. You use them to further your political agenda when emotions are high in a vein attempt to change the Constitution. Shame on you and your kind. SMH.
Talk about a snowflake answer. Your post is just anger and illogic combined into one. Take a deep breath and post again in a few minutes.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:43 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
If you get run over by a car isn't not your decision either.

Thing is there's not a bunch of loony leftist going around trying to regulate what we can drive and trying to take our high powered truck and cars away.

Yeah, there are.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:46 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
If I eat at Dairy Queen it is my decision. If I get shot it is the action of a third party.

It would be the action of third party but why would the gun manufacturer be responsible for that ?

If guns were being made with inferior metals and exploding when they were fired and it sent shrapnel in to the shooter then yes that gun manufacturer should be sued but what if the shooter loaded his own bullets with too much powder that caused the gun to explode. Who is at fault there?

If I decide to drive my sports car like an idiot and I crash it can I sue the manufacturer? What if I was drunk behind the wheel? can I sue Jack Daniels and Coca Cola? I might be able to sue the bar that over served me but that is about it.

What would happen if I bought a lap top on Amazon and then used that computer to hack in and defraud people and steal their money? Is it amazons fault for selling the laptop or is it Dells or how about Bill Gates. Boy these guys all have deep pockets to sue.

Firearms are meant to be sold to responsible adults... don't forget any gun store can deny a sale if the buyer is drunk, high doesn't pass the back ground check or is sending the wrong vibe to the dealer.

You cannot blame/sue a company that is making a safe product when used as it was intentionally designed for. Doing so would open the door to all kinds of ridiculous law suits.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Talk about a snowflake answer. Your post is just anger and illogic combined into one. Take a deep breath and post again in a few minutes.
Great rebuttal. You really killed my augment with your logic

Old 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, there are.
Sure but that's more to do with emissions.

Libs smell kid blood and are circling in for the 2A kill. Deplorable behavior.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
I don't know of another industry that has such protections. However, no other industry manufactures a product whose sole purpose is to kill. Some protection is necessary or else the industry would be sued over incidents because, not that it is at fault, but because it has deep pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies