Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 03:46 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Ahh yes, the Mexican president refuses to visit with a foreign leader who went totally out of his way to demean the dignity of his own people, and who demands that his own country pay for a domestic program besides.

I suppose by that standard, the US should pay other countries for the "damages" US citizens do when they overstay their visas in those countries. Or the US should pay Iraq for the damage the US did to that country during the utterly pointless invasion of that country. Or how about the damages any air or water pollution does to Canadian waters that is unmistakably traced back to US territory? Doesn't sound fair to you?

Hint: Wealth-fare to billionaires and mega-corporations is a much bigger threat to the working class's quality of life than illegal immigration is. Ditto for refusal to raise the minimum wage for workers employed with businesses that employ more than 100 workers. Same with gerrymandering of congressional districts into arbitrary shapes, so that the congressmen and congresswomen can pick their own voters. Your outrage is better directed at that than whether a foreign leader refuses to see a sitting president who personalized character attacks of the most contemptuous type at his country's citizens.

If all the above isn't obvious enough to you, let me say it straight out: I don't blame the Mexican president for refusing to visit. If I were the POTUS and a nation's leader accused Americans of committing the most heinous of crimes against his own people AND demanded that the US pay for his internal security project to keep out Americans, I wouldn't visit that leader either.

Oh please stop with this ongoing leftist lie for over a year now! Trump did not call Mexicans living in Mexico any names. He only stated that many of them that are here illegally are criminals and it's the truth! He also said that some are good people. I swear lefties have no conscience at all over spin and lies to demonize our president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Hate to say it but now I have more respect for the President of Mexico that I do for our own elected representatives that bow and kneel and genuflect to their precious Great Leader Donald Trump. It will take decades for us to normalize relations with the rest of the world after we ditch this wanna-be thug in the next election.
I love how you don't know that Obama's policies were universally hated.

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump is reviled the world over except in Israel and Russia.
Blatant lie.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:47 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Teach a man to plant and give him assistance to start a farming operation and he becomes productive and contributes to the GNP. Give him a package of seeds and nothing else and laugh at the money you saved by not feeding him, and when he gets hungry he will find you and eat you. Guaranteed. If you are lucky, he will kill you first.

See Also: French Revolution
Okay... so we include instructions......

Old 02-25-2018, 03:47 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Would any of you welcome some a-hole who has been continually insulting your wife, child, or brother or mother - just to make points with his friends - into your house? Graciously? Or would you invite him in just to give him the beatdown he deserves? The OP has the wrong idea who the coward is.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:48 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Then you insult our country. You'd have been honored if Obama showed up to your house. If Trump actually took the time to come you should be humbled by the representative of your country paying you special respect.

Enough of this partisan political play, we should all love and support our country.
Trump has always been a disgusting human being and most people aren't impressed.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Trump has always been a disgusting human being and most people aren't impressed.

You're opinion not based on any truths is irrelevant.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:51 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm trying to figure out if you're being serious or sarcastic.

Cowardice? Have you ever considered the possibly that it's more a matter of disgust and disdain?

"Mexico needs to be disciplined"? Yeah, that's the kind of strutting, bullying declaration that Trump might make.
It's not cowardice, nor is it disgust or disdain. They're about to lose the goose that laid the golden egg and they know it. For 30 years we've screwed our country via NAFTA. For all the damage done to our country, Mexico has done very well at our expense. That's over now & they know it. They're going to be hit so hard economically that they'll be begging to build us a wall.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:51 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're opinion not based on any truths is irrelevant.
As is yours.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Would any of you welcome some a-hole who has been continually insulting your wife, child, or brother or mother - just to make points with his friends - into your house? Graciously? Or would you invite him in just to give him the beatdown he deserves? The OP has the wrong idea who the coward is.

If any members of my family were law breakers I wouldn't defend them nor would I object to any criticism of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies